• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese software sale 5-12 Dec 2005

gconsole

Software Number From Gpara

1 PS2 Rogue Galaxy :238,000
2 DS Mario Kart DS :219,000
3 PS2 Ryu Ga Gotoku : 135,000
4 DS Animal Crossing :121,000 (577,000)
5 PS2 Momotaro :65,000
6 DS Pokemon Dungeon :64,000 (273,000)
7 PS2 Biohazard 4 :64,000 (307,000)
8 PSP Monster Hunter PSP :63,000 (177,000)
9 GBA Pokemon Dungeon :62,000 (271,000)
10 DS Tamagotchi :48,000 (473,000)

Hardware Number From Media Create

DS 299,328
PSP 86,403
PS2 45,893
Xbox360 43,970
GC 12,212
GBASP 10,456
GBM 8,326
GBA 396
Xbox 164

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Just as shinobi said. :D

RG>MK>RGG but RG and MK are close. I was wondering which one would sell more after seeing their first day sales.

Edit: Can't wait for hardware sales.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, Rogue Galaxy did outsell MK. Pretty damn impressive. Was expecting to see MK sell more, though but still good.

And LOL, tomagachi's back.

Firest0rm

325k on its first week, this is its 3rd week.

As noted in the other thread, Shinobi said DS moved about 300k units this week :D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Also, RE4 is still selling strong. Guess the port actually worked for Japan, at least.

Amir0x

Banned
Nice to see RG doing well, 'cause it seems like Level 5 put a lot of nice work into it.

Now announce a US version.

Izzy

Banned
Oblivion said:
Also, RE4 is still selling strong. Guess the port actually worked for Japan, at least.

Not bad, but, Monster Hunter PSP is doing even better! Good for Capcom. :)

Hero

Go go Mario Kart!

Awesome for Rogue Galaxy too. Anyone have any media for this? I forgot where I saw stuff on it.

Izzy

Banned
jj984jj said:
How is MHPSP doing better?

Considering the installed userbase, it's doing much better. Even the second week sales drop off was much smaller. /end damage control :)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
gconsole said:
From Gpara

1 PS2 Rogue Galaxy :238,000
2 DS Mario Kart DS :219,000
3 PS2 Ryu Ga Gotoku : 135,000
4 DS Animal Crossing :121,000 (577,000)
5 PS2 Momotaro :65,000
6 DS Pokemon Dungeon :64,000 (273,000)
7 PS2 Biohazard 4 :64,000 (307,000)
8 PSP Monster Hunter PSP :63,000 (177,000)
9 GBA Pokemon Dungeon :62,000 (271,000)
10 DS Tamagotchi :48,000 (473,000)

Wait a sec. Where are the 360 games. It launched on the 10th.
confused.gif

Fake?

Doogdogg

Gahiggidy said:
Wait a sec. Where are the 360 games. It launched on the 10th.
confused.gif

Fake?

Just about 45k of those xboxen sold. Not every of those picked up one copy of Ridge Racer along. Namco am cry..... 500k my fucking ass. :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
Gahig, it would take a TREMENDOUS tie ratio for a console with sales for 68k to break into the Top 10 with the bottom at 48k.

fresquito

Firest0rm said:
Cause the 360 didnt even make it past 48k itself :lol
You know, the line of thinking that guy brought up is one of the most innocent thinkings I´ve ever seen here at GAF :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Guys, I think the 360 has already been kicked enough times while it was down!

I think you killed it. Its carcass is rotting

Izzy

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
It is? I skipped on the PS2 version for the PSP one. Now I need to convince my friend to get it for wifi larks.

Yes, it is. PR:

Last up is Monster Hunter Freedom, which is based on Japan-only PS2 title Monster Hunter G. You can expect brand new quests and features, including multiplayer missions for up to four players. These will allow you to build up your character and create new weapons by defeating specific monsters or collecting items.

Other new features include an area called Felyne Kitchen, where you can train Felynes to cook for you. As their kitchen skills improve, so do the meals they prepare, and the more your statistics increase. However, if you aren't happy with their work you can just fire them and hire new ones.

Plus you can now visit The Farm - a new area where you can collect rare mushrooms, mine for ore, catch insects and play mini games, obtaining essential items in the process. There's nothing in the press release about Rebecca Loos and pigs though, sadly.

MHF will also feature a new mode called Treasure Hunter, which offers a series of co-operative missions for two players. All the items you obtain in this mode can be kept and used in the single player game.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Firest0rm said:
325k on its first week, this is its 3rd week.

As noted in the other thread, Shinobi said DS moved about 300k units this week :D

If true about the 300k, holy fuck that's a lotta systems moved. Did GBA and PS2 ever have that kind of numbers in a week outside of launch periods? I recall PS2 going up to 200k+ a few years ago, but this is nuts.

cvxfreak

Izzy said:
And so is Monster Hunter PSP...

True, but it makes no sense to say RE4 isn't doing better. A game that sells that amount of copies it does is a game that sells the amount of copies it does. Console -> console ports normally have way less potential than special handheld ports, as well.

puck1337

Good to see another strong console game, and some reasonably strong second week sales for Biohazard 4. Strangely low Mario Kart numbers, but it should keep selling strongly for another 3 weeks or so.

BorkBork said:
If true about the 300k, holy fuck that's a lotta systems moved. Did GBA and PS2 ever have that kind of numbers in a week outside of launch periods? I recall PS2 going up to 200k+ a few years ago, but this is nuts.

Christmas is to Easter as Mario Kart is to PGR3.

Culex

Banned
Fucking DS is selling too much now. How the hell am I supposed to update my chart now if it's at 300k :lol

Top Bottom