• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Splatfest for Sept. McDonald's Fries vs McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. McD

Dyle

I did my best to recreate that patent picture. I wonder if NoA will announce the theme for our corresponding Splatfest after this one finishes. After thinking about it more, I realize we'll most likely get either topiaries vs. flower beds, ips vs. tn (rip 3ds screen lottery), or N'SYNC vs. Backstreet Boys. All three are equally likely and exciting

DIwFHwaUwAUeZnx.jpg
either way, you gotta drown em in ketchup to make em taste any good

are the splat-guns gonna shoot ketchup?
Mayo :(, remember that evil won the last splatfest

I'm surprised to see negativity towards McDonald's nuggets. I considered to be one of the bettet niggets compared to other fast food nuggets. I just wish if had better dipping sauce compared to Wendy's and Burger king

PsionBolt

Too easy, nuggets are supreme.

Should have done a rematch of the Mac vs. McD name war from not too long ago. A just conclusion can only be reached when skill plays a role in determining the winner!

jobrro

Would probably choose the fries, though they are giving the nuggets away free on delivery at the moment so why not both?

Much more difficult than flight vs. invisibility.

Trust me when I say that every country's mcdonalds is not the same as another.

Yep. Not same legislation, not same ingredients origin and not same recipes for some meals so yeah taste is really different.

McCafé for example is very different in France

Never been to Japan but I may like their French fries even if in France I find Quick ones to be way better than McDonald's ones (KFC and BK French fries are the worst imo).
So yeah by default Nuggets but if someone is ok to send me a serving of each from Japan I'd be happy to give a final decision :p`

And lol at the crazy usual GAF debate for something like that (McDonald's in Splatoon omg shaking).

I'm gonna side with nuggets on this. Yup. There's a Gyro place near me that does crispy European style fries that they sell in a cup. They've got the best seasoning and best fries. Those with Mayo are fantastic. If I bought nuggets.. it would be the 50 for $5 deal and I would dip them in Sriracha.

But yeah... McDonald's fries aren't what they used to be. I'd take Taco John's Potato Oles over McD fries.

The McDonalds I ate at in Japan was a lot better than the ones here. Mmmm. Gonna have to side with McNuggets.

Fact: McDonalds Japan is incredible and when you unwrap your food it looks like it does on the goddamn menu screen. It is better than McDonalds in any other country.

We often travel through Narita airport on our way to Canada and whenever I get off a flight I'm usually hungry. McDonalds in Narita airport is godly and has become a ritual stop for me during travel. They are always crazy busy and I still get my food in 5-8 minutes.

Sadist

Yeah, that's something I frequently hear from McDonalds in Japan; it's far better. When my sister studied abroad in Japan she and her classmates actually preferred the McD over everything else if they got some fastfood.

Also, why is Marina best girl? In every Splatfest she has the better choice.

kunonabi

I'm surprised to see negativity towards McDonald's nuggets. I considered to be one of the bettet niggets compared to other fast food nuggets. I just wish if had better dipping sauce compared to Wendy's and Burger king

If this was about the old Mcnuggets they would win easily. The current recipe is trash though.

I'm sure this two-day event will cause millions of kids around the world to become even more addicted to McDonald's cause of a game that involves you shooting ink with squids and kids.

Again everyone this has been going on since the first Splatoon. This isn't new at all and in reality McDonald's in Japan is actually different than the ones you know here.

1. Noone said it would.

2. Just because this garbage was in the first game doesn't mean it should be in the second.

Ban Puncher

That was pretty cute/inspiring.
Do the Japanese people really expect people to get a free smile everytime they order from McDonalds? Savages

Any fast food chain worth it's salt content in Japan will offer the Free Smile on their menu.

Have ordered a Free Smile in a Japanese McDonald's.

10/10 would order again.

Ban Puncher

Can't make it to GLORIOUS NIPPON for Free Smiles?

Stick River City Ransom into your NES and hit up Merv's Burger Joint.

KK5f4qJ.jpg

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That was pretty cute/inspiring.
Do the Japanese people really expect people to get a free smile everytime they order from McDonalds? Savages
There was an article where you could choose to get a free smile for a delivery from McD, and the experience did change if you wanted the smile.

Top Bottom