• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Uncharted vita price announced, Western price still $39.99 at stores

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Didn't Sony already confirm $39.99 in the US?

Penguin

Krauser Kat said:
if Digital pricing is cheaper. It will be gangbusters for vita. Retailers would be pissed.

Isn't the cheaper digital price, slightly offset by the need to buy an overly expensive memory unit to put it on?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Penguin said:
Isn't the cheaper digital price, slightly offset by the need to buy an overly expensive memory unit to put it on?

Yes.

"Gangbusters" it will not be because of the insane memory card pricing.

hmmmmm so about $400 then if i want to import a Vita and uncharted :'(

the price is $250 yes but no doubt play asia or another import site will hike up the price to $300-$325 , then theres shipping.

whelp looks like i'm waiting

hell i don't even know if there will be english voices for the game, sony hasn't said anything.

Plinko said:
Didn't Sony already confirm $39.99 in the US?
Sony hasn't confirmed anything. Most retailers (notably Amazon) are pricing preorders at $39.99 though. Then again, before official pricepoints hit Amazon also had 3DS preorders at $34.99 early on.

Cimarron

at least Japan makes sense with it's discounted digital price. Looks like Americans are either:

A) Too fraking greedy to give up a few dollars while giving you less.
B) Are afraid of retail chains. (which makes no sense since they could offer to let retail chains sell digital copies as well and use up thier own precious bandwidth.

Any developers out there brave enough to answer this question? :)

gcubed

every week we have a freakout on currency conversion of GAF, i dont understand how it keeps happening all the time

lunchwithyuzo said:
Sony hasn't confirmed anything. Most retailers (notably Amazon) are pricing preorders at $39.99 though. Then again, before official pricepoints hit Amazon also had 3DS preorders at $34.99 early on.
It's nice that Amazon honors the lower preorder price as long as you lock it in though.

Quixzlizx

You'd have to be pretty ignorant of the Japanese market to assume that this price listing will result in $60+ pricing in the US.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Competative pricing?! Nintendo is DOOOMMEDDD
hope this hasn't been said yet :p

That's some nice pricing. I wouldn't even know who'd complain about a console experience on a portable for (around) 40 dollars.

Edit: just read the thread more thoroughly 0__o I pray it's not converted so straightforward and they competitively price this.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Spotted by miladesn - Michael Jackson: The Experience will be over 50% cheaper on download vs retail in Japan.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/software/110914_026/index.html

Retail RRP: ¥5,229
PS Store: ¥2,400

If these kinds of digital discounts kept up, it wouldn't be long before a memory card was easily paying for itself in savings.

I kind of doubt we'll see similar differences in the US at least. Maybe UK/Europe it's possible given how competitive retail is here. Great for Japan either way though.

Cimarron said:
at least Japan makes sense with it's discounted digital price. Looks like Americans are either:

A) Too fraking greedy to give up a few dollars while giving you less.
B) Are afraid of retail chains. (which makes no sense since they could offer to let retail chains sell digital copies as well and use up thier own precious bandwidth.

Any developers out there brave enough to answer this question? :)

In Japan every retailer has 10-20% discount on MSRP, so they have to price digital lower.

Carl

gofreak said:
Spotted by miladesn - Michael Jackson: The Experience will be over 50% cheaper on download vs retail in Japan.

If these kinds of digital discounts kept up, it wouldn't be long before a memory card was easily paying for itself in savings.

I kind of doubt we'll see similar differences in the US at least. Maybe UK/Europe it's possible given how competitive retail is here. Great for Japan either way though.

Wouldn't be TOO surprised seeing it in the UK. Every now and then a full game is on PSN at less than retail prices, so it could happen i guess. If it were to happen it would be a no-brainer to buy games from PSN.

Plinko

gofreak said:

This right here, but I have no faith in this happening.

Top Bottom