• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Fogle’s Ex-Wife Says Subway Knew Its Spokesman Was a Pedophile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

Jared Fogle’s ex-wife claims Subway knew of the former spokesman’s sexual interest in children as early as 2004 but failed to report their “cash cow” to police.

In a lawsuit filed Monday, Katie McLaughlin says the sandwich chain even kept Fogle’s pedophilia allegations secret from her, because executives believed their marriage would keep Fogle “grounded.”

Despite receiving tips that Fogle solicited children, Subway sent their pudgy promoter into elementary schools as part of “Tour de Pants” and other nationwide events in 2004 and 2008, court papers allege.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ubway-knew-its-spokesman-was-a-pedophile.html

Glix

I thought this was widely assumed.

Didn't they spin of marketing into a separate company to insulate in case shit hit the fan?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
With how blatant he was about it to people I have no doubt they were well aware far ahead of his eventual downfall. The guy seemed so incredibly casual about this.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think there was some evidence of this elsewhere too.

Some people mentioned it in the thread when the news that he was a pedo first came out.

Mugsy

Subway sent their pudgy promoter into elementary schools as part of “Tour de Pants” and other nationwide events in 2004 and 2008

Subway probably really regretting the name of that tour right about now.

Piecake

I think there was some evidence of this elsewhere too.

Some people mentioned it in the thread when the news that he was a pedo first came out.

I never really went beyond the headlines for this case, so this was news to me.

Disgusting if true.

Dishwalla

Banned
You know, for as many Subway restaurants there are around, they are surprisingly easy to avoid eating at. Haven't had Subway in well over a year, and I have zero desire to ever eat there again.

Goliath

Meh, so she is claiming that subway knew about his pedophilia and kept it from her? If Subway knows more about her husband then she does that is one messed up relationship.

You know, for as many Subway restaurants there are around, they are surprisingly easy to avoid eating at. Haven't had Subway in well over a year, and I have zero desire to ever eat there again.

Yup! Gave it up a year ago and my stomach has never been happier. I'll never understand why I ate something that smelled so unnatural. I know what fresh bread smells like, they do not make fresh bread there.

Volimar

Yup! Gave it up a year ago and my stomach has never been happier. I'll never understand why I ate something that smelled so unnatural. I know what fresh bread smells like, they do not make fresh bread there.

I love sub buns from my local grocery place. I'm really craving some homemade subs right now...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
this franchisee apparently tried to warn corporate years ago

i haven't had subway in a long time and i don't ever plan on eating there again tbh
It still blows my mind how open and casual he was about all this. Just always throwing all these comments and propositions out of nowhere, and to anyone. He wasn't some super hidden creep who would only open up to people he trusted. He just went around telling people casually.

He did this for years and only got caught years after the fact. What the fuck?

norm9

I still don't get the popularity of this chain. It's garbage.

Some fat dude was able to lose all this weight eating subway.

*stampeding ensues based on this miracle sandwich not realizing that you have to eat the sandwiches plain*

ETA- the story i heard was that the only reason he went to subway in the first place was because it was the closest place to his dorm/living area.

It was cool when it was 5$ foot longs, but now that the prices have risen, there are much better sandwich spots that are pretty much the same price.

In NorCal, Mr pickles for example is superior in every way and you get a free cookie with purchase

Wasn't sure which wife this was referring to. Fogle married a pediatric nurse in 2001 but they divorced in 2007. AFAIK she's never spoken about the time.

PSqueak

Banned
Part of me doesn't believe there could be a business stupid enough to not drop a spokesman upon hearing allegations of pedophilia.

Covering would be bad business, no spokesman is good enough to risk being linked to pedophilia, it just doesn't make sense.

Back in the v-cut days it was actually good. They loaded on the ingredients and the bread was pretty hearty. Now they hollow the bread out, put in a minuscule amount of meat and cheese, and then if you want extra toppings you can either pay more or fuck off.

But yeah, a while back it was pretty damn good.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lol my friend on Facebook was trolling Subway awhile back trying to get them to say that they didn't know about his pedophilia before his arrest. His crusade was just.

Busty

Banned
So it turns out Jock knew.., sorry, Subway knew all along.

Shocking.

What part did the wife play in all this I wonder?

As if anyone really needed another reason not to go to Subway

Do wonder if she has a case though. Would be good to have it on record

Savitar

Jared: Come get in my over sized pants that I use to wear with me children, yes that's right, more the merrier!

So it turns out Jock knew.., sorry, Subway knew all along.

Shocking.

What part did the wife play in all this I wonder?
She just said they hid the truth from her.

Hell in all likelyhood when she found out he might have said he hasn't done anything and is seeking help and she may have attempted to be supportive.

Convenience and familiarity. My favorite sandwich shop was in the same stripmall as a Subway and I would regularly see people come in, not understand the names of the meats/sandwiches, and tell each other that they should just go to Subway. Place had boar's head meats but since it wasn't a simple "I'll take the Italian foot long" people left.

Apdiddy

How about talking to the police instead of going to corporate

Even if she did, the likelihood of the police actually investigating it or taking it seriously would be slim. She would have to call the DOJ or FBI if she wanted them to do something about him.

It would then put a red flag on her from Subway and Jared Fogle to get her fired if the police didn't take it seriously.

The name of that tour is about as bad as it gets

Tour de pants? I don't even understand how that was picked in the first place. Now it's just plain wrong.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom