• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier - Avowed has gone through reboots and changed directors recently, wouldn’t expect to play it for a while

Shame, was really looking forward to playing this soon. :(

EDIT: Schreier deleted the tweet for some reason. It was this:

Apu71He.png

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Well there goes the rumours of playing avowed any time soon in 2023.

Wonder what the 5+ exclusives will between now and July next year?

Starfield? Redfall? Forza Motorsport?

Looking forward to the show regardless.

Edit:
Did the article say first party exclusive? will it include the fun looking darktide and the crappy looking scorn from third parties? :p

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Well there goes the rumours of playing avowed any time soon in 2023.

Wonder what the 5+ exclusives will between now and July next year?

Starfield? Redfall? Forza Motorsport?

Looking forward to the show regardless.

Edit:
Did the article say first party exclusive? Or will it include the fun looking darktide and the crappy looking scorn? :p

StarField, RedFall, Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite ”expansion” titled “Broken Promises” and further humiliates the franchise, and probably Quake.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Why doe sit seem like any game MS studios tries to make directors leave and seems there is a development issue...

Jason Schreier: “Avowed has gone through some reboots and changed directors pretty recently. Dunno if it’ll be there today, but I wouldn’t expect to play it for a while”​

Edit: Tweet unavailable right now, but was posted on reddit gaming leaks, going to check why it was pulled

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

This is getting fucking ridiculous, these games get announced half a decade before they even get a release date then go through development hell and some times never come out. I hate thid
MS has had a huge management issues for the last few years and still havent figured it out: halo 5, halo infinite, avowed, everwild, perfect dark the entire team was cast aside.

anthony2690

Banned
StarField, RedFall, Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite ”expansion” titled “Broken Promises” and further humiliates the franchise, and probably Quake.
I personally really like halo infinite, I would be really happy with the endless expansion, as I think the gameplay/campaign and multiplayer (minus launch site) are the best in the series, but I can't imagine that will be out before July next year. (Not sure I think they were referring to dlc either)

Quake would be interesting, I'm surprised they never ported over the quake multiplayer game from pc to consoles.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

He probably got bad information and he was told to pull this. I personally never believe this pos.
If he was wrong he would probably wrote a correction post, he is one of the insiders left i believe for game announcements, delays etc. Hes not an "influencer" hes actually someone with credible sources ala reaching out and clarifying the fake god of war delay

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

I personally really like halo infinite, I would be really happy with the endless expansion, as I think the gameplay/campaign and multiplayer (minus launch site) are the best in the series, but I can't imagine that will be out before July next year. (Not sure I think they were referring to dlc either)

Quake would be interesting, I'm surprised they never ported over the quake multiplayer game from pc to consoles.
To be honest the game needed another year delay. It was severely lacking content via single player, it was missing forge, coop, and is severely lacking updates like bf2042 where they are non existent. And credit to bf2042 they just released a pretty good map for content just this week

kyussman

Reboots......urghh......never a good sign.Of course we have to remenmber most big games undergo changes throughout development.Some come through and end up with a good end product.....and some don't.I just hope the reboots haven't meant the game being dumbed down each time.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Obsidian was/is working on Avowed, Grounded and The Outer Worlds 2.
Even with ~200 employees, MS blank check for outsources and Grounded being a smaller title that seems to be quite a stretch.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

The issue with Quake MP is that it essentially is designed with bunnyhopping in mind. Something I don’t think you can easily do on controllers.

anthony2690

Banned
To be honest the game needed another year delay. It was severely lacking content via single player, it was missing forge, coop, and is severely lacking updates like bf2042 where they are non existent. And credit to bf2042 they just released a pretty good map for content just this week
I fully agree infinite could've been so much more with more time in the oven, but what is there, is the most fun I've had with halo gameplay/enjoyment wise.

I wish the campaign had more environments/biomes, what I hope expansions remedy.

& Multiplayer I think 343 will get there with more time, but I'm happy to play other games whilst waiting, when I need a break :)

Darsxx82

It wouldn't be a PreXbox Show without Scherier's bad news/information about Xbox to dampen the hype among people and put the brand in a bad light.

I wonder why he always waits for the day of the Show to leak negative information if he could have done it before and with some article.....🤔 P.S. The answer is known to all.

Gudji

It wouldn't be a PreXbox Show without Scherier's bad news/information about Xbox to dampen the hype among people and put the brand in a bad light.

I wonder why he always waits for the day of the Show to leak negative information if he could have done it before and with some article.....🤔 P.S. The answer is known to all.
Xbox enemies are everywhere.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Or this is why it was deleted from the other place.

"Carrie patel has been game director for Avowed since 2019. She was just on Obsidian entertainment twitch live stream when ask what she was doing she said "I'm the Game Director on Avowed" maybe Jason mix games up"

Top Bottom