• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier (Kotaku) wins 3 Kunkel Awards and drama appears

Yesterday, Dragon's Crown Pro was released. I would like to remind everyone when Jason Scrier, in his glorious ignorance, made a claim that the Sorceress was a "lolicon" and the artist for Dragon's Crown mocked him on twitter.

Um, not that I'm backing Schrier on this one, but that artist is a surprisingly focused homophobe. I remember his dwarf picture back when it was posted at the time and didn't think about it, but looking at his twitter today and it's clear that wasn't a "one time" joke. I'm not so invested in SJW'ing that I care about every random gay joke, but when it becomes a pattern, that person becomes a tool.

Seriously, fuck that guy.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Um, not that I'm backing Schrier on this one, but that artist is a surprisingly focused homophobe. I remember his dwarf picture back when it was posted at the time and didn't think about it, but looking at his twitter today and it's clear that wasn't a "one time" joke. I'm not so invested in SJW'ing that I care about every random gay joke, but when it becomes a pattern, that person becomes a tool.

Seriously, fuck that guy.

Unless he deleted all those 'damning' tweets, I can see nothing of the sort. Just people greatly overreacting to a simple jab at a buffoon who rightly deserved it.

When I opened it, the first tweet I saw under the "homosexuality isn't right" banner was "nice glove Thanos, you boyfriend make it for you?" Because lol gay is funny.

Any of those things alone wouldn't have elicited comment from me, but when it's a pattern like that I'd say it takes more effort to ignore it than to call it out.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
When I opened it, the first tweet I saw under the "homosexuality isn't right" banner was "nice glove Thanos, you boyfriend make it for you?" Because lol gay is funny.

Any of those things alone wouldn't have elicited comment from me, but when it's a pattern like that I'd say it takes more effort to ignore it than to call it out.

That twitter user isn't George Kamitani and has no relation to Vanillaware or the production of Dragon's Crown.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh, you're right, that's my mistake. Thank you for pointing that out. Not sure who the random dude's twitter is that you linked, but, uh, fuck him instead I guess.

Yea, sorry for the confusion. I only posted that tweet as it was the one that was in my timeline (retweeted/liked by someone else I follow) and had the information that was relevant.

Shower_Alf

Banned
Sigh. Being something resembling a regular person against all odds, for like day 3 now, sure is fucking weird and and uncomfortable in its own way. Now I can't even be a smartass properly to someone who reminds me of the narcissist I used to be be. Anyhow, I understand exactly how you feel right now, because I did the same thing on my way to here. For me the biggest narcissist I could sort of find to lash out at was good ol' Donnie J.T. Any time I tried to express it cleverly like I could with anything, though, I always had huge gaps in comprehension if I looked at it afterwards. Those gaps shouldn't be there. You have two enormous blind spots in this post right here. Try to remember the blind spots and stare straight at them, don't just pass over them. You're calculated and observant, so why are you blind to what everyone else sees obviously?

I accept what you're offering. I was a narcissist and a compulsive liar. I was far worse, in fact, but fortunately understood enough to try to destroy myself and keep me away from anyone I wanted to keep safe in real life where it hurts the most. I have nothing to hide away in fear or run away from by your presentation. I was the most dangerous monster in *any* room I've *ever* been in. The coldest, most uncaring evil player of selfish games for the brief entertainment of it and no limit to who or what I could turn into a pawn without effort. I constantly projected terrifying monsters to run away from, feared for my life when nothing was there but an innocent bystander or empty space. There was just the one monster inside me and my victims and pawns. I've been working on seeing it properly, destroying it, and finding a way to heal and become a proper person or otherwise die trying as the second best choice for everyone involved.

Somehow I'm alive, and I feel in genuine, obvious ways for the first time in my life, at peace, and don't need to calculate anything if I don't want to. I can just feel like everyone else. I never dared to hope to make it to the other side alive or felt I deserved it, but I gave it everything I had to try anyway. Struggle in life is better punishment for me than the release of death, so struggle was preferable, and at some point I genuinely understood the selfishness of suicide when I had enough of my own feelings to feel how other people cared about me that I hadn't been able to care about them. I always thought myself the victim and was constantly terrified of my own monstrous shadow. Always the victim lashing out in justified ways, to someone evil in the only way I knew: the evil inside me I projected elsewhere.

It's okay. I'm done playing games with people through a finely honed machine of deceit and sympathy and manipulation that feels almost nothing and could turn that off on demand anyway. If only I could've just been the selfish asshole you see in me and hate so much that isn't there anymore, I would have 1/100,000th of the true knowledge of terror I had to find out about on a personal journey with myself, safely away from everyone else. I was a terrifying monster from the day I was born, and it's only been a few days that I've arrived at a Tyler who has all the feeling parts obvious now in everyone else too that make it intuitive to understand on a two way street for the first time, and no blind spots or compulsive feelings moving me around on its own or bullshit I can ever get away with feeding myself again. No one has a proper sense of it but me, or they would've left me to die instead of holding out hope and lending a guiding hand. I love them for holding out hope and seeing a person in me until I solved the puzzles and got there in truth, though. It's so precious.

I had a thousand times more demons inside me than you could ever hold onto and pick a timing to present to me with any effect. I don't have anything to be afraid of anymore. I chased down the monsters I saw everywhere until there was only evidence of one invisible selfish manipulator pulling the strings...wherever I was standing. Dozens and dozens of observational errors I caught myself in and pursued relentlessly instead of running away from like I was was compelled to by the rigid structures. Nothing could stop me if I truly wanted it, not even myself. I demanded to know the truth of myself and was willing to die. It has been incredibly challenging, but I am newly at peace and don't feel afraid for everyone else's safety anymore by existing. It was extremely challenging to arrive here. It still seems impossible in hindsight but a happy miracle to live to see.

I don't have to explain that to the folks here, though. I was on a deeply personal journey and keeping it mostly to myself, but trying to apply each little additional piece of personhood to do better here on the way. They understand it intuitively without any manipulation or sympathetic play on my part or a bullshit narrative to deceive. I've just been talking to people and trying to understand where they're coming from, listening, learning, and helping a little, while extending respect and dignity where I can. It's been a work in progress, though, and I've still managed to be an asshole way too much and acting indignant about it most of the time, yuck. It's only been a couple days since I finished the journey, though. Hopefully less of a dick from here, starting with you. You think this is hitting the perfect timing to breach my defenses, get me where it hurts, outwit me by putting my next words into my mouth, demonstrating you've figured me out completely and are superior, and force the truth of my shame down my throat to put me in my place. That guy's no longer here, and was was never in danger from attacking with truth and blame directly whatsoever. You were only losing a game with yourself by playing.

I'm sorry, dude. You're obviously highly observant, patient, intelligent, and clever, and simultaneously demonstrate that you have two enormous blind spots that you only have one reason to have ignored in plain sight to strike at the biggest narcissist you can see. You are a narcissist yourself and hate yourself. It's obvious without saying so, to everyone else in the room: there isn't a narcissist here anymore to score points on and lecture about being less selfish and taking responsibility for once, with so much scorn you're holding onto ancient history that is failing to observe anything in 2018 directly in front of your skilled observatory. It's not because you're not clever or observant enough, it's because you're protecting the narcissist inside you from your own observations, and hate yourself so much but don't know why, and have to take it out on a narcissist you think you can see somewhere else but don't actually understand anything about narcissists and can't apply current observations.

I know that feel. I did the exact same thing and identified it in myself afterwards toward the start of the whole ordeal to get here, because I demanded answers and I always got exactly what I truly wanted just by standing there. I'm sorry because I have no idea how anyone else is supposed to figure out how to do this and get here, despite seeing how I did it personally every step of the way and how I was helped by the people around me. Despite every effort and inventive strategy I did employ, I still was completely dependent on luck, circumstance, miracles, undeserved love from amazing people saving my life while I tried to project monsters onto their kindness and attack them or run away, and a lot more than all that for me to get to here.

I'm just thankful to be alive, mostly, and able to feel the obvious and normal things intuitively and know peace in life somehow, do things better, and hope I can clean up the enormous mess where I can. Dig deep and stare at the blind spots. You're too clever to let yourself get away not knowing why you hate narcissists so much and you're so calculated and observant and intelligent but you don't know the first thing about narcissists or you wouldn't try to shove invisible blame into one by force where it is inherently invulnerable. And you would see that I'm not playing anyone anymore, just talking and letting people decide for themselves whether I merit sympathy or forgiveness or still have more work to do.

It's amazing to be able to turn off the machine and just feel it out without fucking with people one way or the other. Don't worry about it. You can't harm me, certainly not with truth I already sought out and punished myself for learning the terrors of. Look at those blind spots and think through why they're there. Don't let things like anxiety or despair or pain or confusion control your conscious gaze. There's truth hiding there and it changes how everything looks and can't be figured out properly without opening up. Remember, you tried to guilt trip someone who would be impossible to attack with blame if he were a narcissist, but isn't even there anymore and you're the only one not seeing the obvious. You're too clever to be doing that. I hope this finds a way to help. Truly. More than you could know.

You being the monster, battling monsters and performing miracles. Definitely no longer out of touch with reality and not a narcissist.

Your incoherent short story ramblings don't explain any of your past behavior of being a cunty creepy lying weirdo and once again you're claiming to be the victim. '6 people liked your post' are the enablers that let you think you're a reasonable person but you're a deviant creepy weirdo to the core. You're not a likable person, you're only a cunt. The posters here sucking you off couldn't be any more obvious and pathetic. You've learnt nothing.

See a psychiatrist, show them your short story ramblings as there is something seriously wrong with you.

You being the monster, battling monsters and performing miracles. Definitely no longer out of touch with reality and not a narcissist.

Your incoherent short story ramblings don't explain any of your past behavior of being a cunty creepy lying weirdo and once again you're claiming to be the victim. '6 people liked your post' are the enablers that let you think you're a reasonable person but you're a deviant creepy weirdo to the core. You're not a likable person, you're only a cunt. The posters here sucking you off couldn't be any more obvious and pathetic. You've learnt nothing.

See a psychiatrist, show them your short story ramblings as there is something seriously wrong with you.

Dude you need to get some professional help. Mental illness is no joke. Go talk to somebody, because you clearly have issues.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

stop-posting.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

You are the one who needs to see a psychiatrist, mate. You come back, after rage quitting the site only to insult/bash the owner? You refuse to see your own folly, your own mistakes, and act like a petty child throwing sad insults. But hey, exactly what one would expect from the community of OldGaf. Y'all were never known for maturity or critical thinking.

Last edited:

John Day

I just keep wondering why go at lenght to post how you despise a user or the site. I mean, why not just...stop...posting and find a better place suited for you?

It’s rather pathetic to rage quit, just to come back and rage more. Carry on.

I try to avoid this stuff (and I don't follow any of this), but reading though that twitter feed .. I hope some of those people are seeking help, if they already are, they need to find a better doctor.

Last edited:

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
1 drop of "journalistic research" and schmoozing in a 16oz tumbler full of grenadine and 7up is still an enormous Shirley Temple.

Real journalists risk their lives for stories. Bloggers wouldn't cross the street if Kamitani art were graffitied on the other side.
So...

Watergate was fake journalism because nobody got shot at?

All you're doing is ranting. You know that right? I don't know EviLore from Adam, I post here roughly three times a month like I did before the big shake up. I mention it because I don't have a dog in this race and someone like you is always going to grasp at anything he can find to avoid an actual discussion when challenged.

If you really hold this opinion about EviLore, you have acquitted yourself poorly in ranting incoherently, publicly, without actually saying anything of substance. I would liken your post to some sort of public display of masturbation. You are unwilling or incapable of meaningful discussion, all you want is to vent so you can feel good.

How about you match your overinflated opinion of yourself with genuine self respect? Doing so would require you to either shut up or engage meaningfully beyond mud slinging. I don't think you can. I think you're the type to dig in when you've made an ass of yourself. Either way, do better. This behaviour is pathetic.

I am not emotionally invested in someone's personal life but I wonder what the site owner could say to satisfy alf. The fight, if you could call it that, looks a lot like the topic of the thread. Someone apologizing and the other side refusing to accept it.

I taught several years of kindergarten and elementary school if you would like some supplimentary lessons on how to behave in society. You could also read the merchant of venice if high school is more to your liking.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Alf has lost his mind :(

We need to got deeper

crp5e-I2YrXwiYdaUuUABKFt1LTdFQSrnxhPGVzoSb8jO951nA21OhRZ4scRC-lJ6gzDv_AsSc1Gxf15BQN0Rv0=w300-h240-nc

Viygas

Neo Member
Alf, I get why you're upset and I agree with (pretty much) everything you're saying, but I don't think you'll get what you want from Evilore.

Evilore, I love ya. I've been lurking on your site for years and I'm happy it's still around. But... that long post was hard to read. I'm sure you wrote it with the best intentions but it comes across as condescending, overly dramatic, and weird. Not sure if this is the best place for those thoughts, either. The point I'm trying to get at is that I sincerely hope you're seeing a professional. I know life's gotta be strange now and I want you to get things sorted. Take some time, figure it out, then you can come back down-to-earth to set guys like me and Alf at ease, aha.

Also, I love that no one's been banned in here. It's great.

NinjaBoiX

I don’t even know what this thread is about, I just got a particular post linked in a Whatsapp chat. That said:

Tyler seeemed pretty sound in person but some of his recent posts are ridiculous to the point of theatre. Like, what are you on about? Bro, you had it good lucking upon a goldmine website and had some genuine sway in your heyday but the gravy train has ended.

Your rambling, narcissistic diatribes are just a bit weird at this point but if it makes you feel better then more power to ya.

For reals though, probably go get some professional help innit.

Last edited:
I'm very curious, and considering the discussion this seems like the best place to post this.

But what has exactly changed about GAF? I keep seeing posts about old GAF and new GAF. I used to be a lurker, and I did take a big break recently, and since I've come back I've noticed a HUGE difference in my experiences with the site.

A lot has changed and I dont understand what has happened. When I used to lurk here, although the community was more active, it seemed to have a very biased political tone to it. A lot of arguments eventually got super political (especially leaning towards the left side), there was a lot of hate going on against any "celebrities" who are not very left wing, and the mods did seem very ban friendly.

I gotta say since the website rework, the conversations and comments have been much healthier and sensible. Lots more freedom to have different opinions while at the same time being more proactive on getting rid of useless fanboys and clearly biased characters.

Tried googling for some info, all I saw was some post about a mod being arrested for having illegal pornography. Very surreal because I do remember liking a few of his posts ffs

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm very curious, and considering the discussion this seems like the best place to post this.

But what has exactly changed about GAF? I keep seeing posts about old GAF and new GAF. I used to be a lurker, and I did take a big break recently, and since I've come back I've noticed a HUGE difference in my experiences with the site.

A lot has changed and I dont understand what has happened. When I used to lurk here, although the community was more active, it seemed to have a very biased political tone to it. A lot of arguments eventually got super political (especially leaning towards the left side), there was a lot of hate going on against any "celebrities" who are not very left wing, and the mods did seem very ban friendly.

I gotta say since the website rework, the conversations and comments have been much healthier and sensible. Lots more freedom to have different opinions while at the same time being more proactive on getting rid of useless fanboys and clearly biased characters.

Tried googling for some info, all I saw was some post about a mod being arrested for having illegal pornography. Very surreal because I do remember liking a few of his posts ffs

Some quick bullet points over the incident:

• The previous community was highly authoritarian left in nature, banning/silencing anyone who disagreed with them and openly went on witch hunts on anyone, making up lies and slandering names of known people in the gaming community/press (such as Colin Moriarty).
  • There was a scandal that has been lovingly dubbed "Shower-Gate" over a private matter between Evilore and another person.
  • The moderators and community decided to make an uproar over silly accusations/allegations, ultimately causing continued account suicides, posting of various gore and porn while acting like petty children.
  • These children then decided to create a new site (that was already in the works long before and used the first chance they could to make it seem like they were "fighting the good fight").
  • Bad Mods/Community left, people came in to pick up the pieces and now we can openly discuss on both sides without needless bans/hostile attitudes (though we still get a few former members coming back and trying to stir shit up).
If you look at the Liberals and GamerGate thread, it has been discussed there and other places. I think there was a prominent thread about the changes to GAF since the mass exodus that is even better, but its name escapes me. A few searches in the search bar may prove fruitful.

Some quick bullet points over the incident:

• The previous community was highly authoritarian left in nature, banning/silencing anyone who disagreed with them and openly went on witch hunts on anyone, making up lies and slandering names of known people in the gaming community/press (such as Colin Moriarty).
  • There was a scandal that has been lovingly dubbed "Shower-Gate" over a private matter between Evilore and another person.
  • The moderators and community decided to make an uproar over silly accusations/allegations, ultimately causing continued account suicides, posting of various gore and porn while acting like petty children.
  • These children then decided to create a new site (that was already in the works long before and used the first chance they could to make it seem like they were "fighting the good fight").
  • Bad Mods/Community left, people came in to pick up the pieces and now we can openly discuss on both sides without needless bans/hostile attitudes (though we still get a few former members coming back and trying to stir shit up).
If you look at the Liberals and GamerGate thread, it has been discussed there and other places. I think there was a prominent thread about the changes to GAF since the mass exodus that is even better, but its name escapes me. A few searches in the search bar may prove fruitful.
Just to add, some of those who were trashing the site supposedly went even further and attempting to dox the site. It went way beyond account suicides.

The children usage here is spot on.

Adults acting like children. They thought they knew and could tell others how they should live, what is and isn't acceptable in society. But as it turned out, they were no different than the "enemies" they fight with.

Dude, calm down. You have issues with how Evilore ran/runs this board and that's obvious, I think pretty much everyone here does or did at some point. However, at his absolute worst you could accuse him of mismanagement of an internet community, you're making it sound like he murdered your mom. People here aren't his "enablers", what we see is someone who went through some tough shit and either feel sympathetic towards him or are willing to let bygones be bygones and just rebuild the community. Calling someone you (probably) don't know personally a cunt in this situation makes you look like a moronic 4chan shitposter and kicking someone that went through some really heavy and possibly traumatic experience and took the time to give you a thorough and by the looks of it honest answer makes you look like a pathetic powerless coward bully, not the school jock kind mind you but the lard-ass anonymous one. Regardless of our flaws and questionable actions in the past, we're all grown ups here. Behave like one.

Drac84

My concern last year was that following the exodus, the site would be flooded with GG posters. Thankfully that didn’t happen, and we now have a forum that is relatively devoid of the far left and far right, which is for me, the best case scenario. A friend recently described the shift in tone as “we can talk about games again.”

It was previously nearly impossible to just talk about a game without someone trying to find something to be outraged over and derail the thread. I don’t care if ‘Nate Drake is a mass murderer’, I just want to discuss games, and I feel like we can now.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Finally back after leaving the site when Evilore decided to turn his forum into a safe haven for internet activists. They ruled the place for years and then they threw him under the bus after destroying this websites reputation.

The most vile and angry people on the internet were fully protected here. Neogaf was their breeding ground and paradise.

I see now that Jason is starting to taste it like Evilore did. Never side with them, never give them a voice because you'll be their next target when they are done with you.

Shower_Alf

Banned
As gaf has proven for years, the voices of many are always reasonable. The ones dog piling are always right. I'm wrong, I'm sorry my rantings were a lengthy 116 words vs Showermans concise 1654. I'm sorry I didn't mention battling monsters and being a monster 6 times. Unlike Evilore I can't perform 2 miracles in a span of 6 months. I'm genuinely changed and sorry.

Kadayi

Banned
As gaf has proven for years, the voices of many are always reasonable. The ones dog piling are always right. I'm wrong, I'm sorry my rantings were a lengthy 116 words vs Showermans concise 1654. I'm sorry I didn't mention battling monsters and being a monster 6 times. Unlike Evilore I can't perform 2 miracles in a span of 6 months. I'm genuinely changed and sorry.

deadpool-youre-still-here.jpg

d4emon

Neo Member

Yeah, but there's no need to be so crude to someone opening up. Feels like you're kicking a dead horse for no reason other than pointing out your opinion on the matter. Yes, many people have directly said that Evilore was wrong, I've said it. But those are mistakes. He distanced himself from the forum and his interactions with users became really snarky. So what. It's hard to see your own faults with the yes.men surrounding you. Every voice of dissonance seems to be the one in the wrong.

EDIT: Unless you're specifically talking about the shower stuff. I really don't have an opinion of it because intimate exchanges being misread by both parties is a common occurrence and the subjectiveness of such interactions and how we warp those memories with time is actually a thing, from a psychological standpoint. In other words, it's impossible to know the truth about it without proof-> There's no proof-> innocent until proven guilty if you believe on the laws set by modern societies.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever stop to think, maybe WE are the monsters?
100% absolutely.

I’ve made mistakes in my life. I am human and do things that can hurt others and not even know it.

But I am trying. Exactly why I don’t hold others to the perfection standard. I can’t live up to that. No one else can either. It’s unreasonable.

Alebrije

Well basically the forum become a political cluster than a videogame one, some videogames were doomed because they did not have diversity, or main protagonist was considered left or right wing, specially the second one. Lots of talks become dense and derailed from OP.

The election polarized not only Gaf but lots of other social networks. from my point of view a videogame forum is not the place to discuss political opinions , there are other forums and places to express political issues.

That does not means you do not care about Gamergate or similar events , the problem is that there were days when most of threads were about that instead of videogames.

Regarding OP videogame journalism lacks of critical thinking, some of them just use events to get attention. The word journalism implies a lot of background and knowledge that most of so called videogame journalists have.

Kadayi

Banned
100% absolutely.

I’ve made mistakes in my life. I am human and do things that can hurt others and not even know it.

But I am trying. Exactly why I don’t hold others to the perfection standard. I can’t live up to that. No one else can either. It’s unreasonable.

Well as the saying goes to err is human, to forgive is divine. The inherent problem with internet culture is, it seemingly never forgives, it never forgets and it possesses no sense of propriety or proportion when it comes to the actual weight of matters. Every slight, oversight or misunderstanding is regarded as either a declaration of war, a hate crime or both rather than the social misdemeanour/misunderstanding it most likely is.

Why is gaming so full of people so eager to play the victim, all they do is complain and dont do anything to fix the situation. It's tiring and they are dragging down the genre.

Jasons articles, and book for that matter, are great. Love his deep dive into issues and stories.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My concern last year was that following the exodus, the site would be flooded with GG posters. Thankfully that didn’t happen, and we now have a forum that is relatively devoid of the far left and far right, which is for me, the best case scenario. A friend recently described the shift in tone as “we can talk about games again.”

It was previously nearly impossible to just talk about a game without someone trying to find something to be outraged over and derail the thread. I don’t care if ‘Nate Drake is a mass murderer’, I just want to discuss games, and I feel like we can now.
Absolutely. Hell, I don't even see positive XB1 threads being flooded with trolls and shit posts anymore. Although the funny thing is it's now happening on the other site lol

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
You being the monster, battling monsters and performing miracles. Definitely no longer out of touch with reality and not a narcissist........drivel continues

I realise you're relatively new here, and obviously have a lot of stored anger and resentment given your posts. Whether this was accumulated over time or is some personal crusade is debatable - given your username and immediate rants, I suspect you are using infamy for recognition elsewhere. Trying to vehemently 'dare' the mods to ban you, to prove there hasn't been a shift in attitude after all. We don't have to ban you, you've embarrassed yourself enough already. I prefer to let it stay.

I suggest you read back through many posts and topics where the particular points of grief you have are covered. In detail. You seem to have no problem totting up word counts. For the time being, I have temporarily removed you from this thread specifically (of which you have been notified) as you seem unable to articulate your points free of the bile that obviously resides in the back of your throat. I suggest you take some of your own advice and reflect on your actual contribution to the topic at hand. You've exorcised whatever ghosts haunt your dreams so nothing else to do but....

...Be reasonable. Own your flaws and mistakes and try to move forward.

Have a look round, there are plenty of other threads to contribute to.

Last edited:

Acerac

Banned
Why is gaming so full of people so eager to play the victim, all they do is complain and dont do anything to fix the situation. It's tiring and they are dragging down the genre.

Jasons articles, and book for that matter, are great. Love his deep dive into issues and stories.
The world is full of these people. I'd guess you just notice them more in gaming because it is a focus of yours.

Viygas

Neo Member
I realise you're relatively new here, and obviously have a lot of stored anger and resentment given your posts. Whether this was accumulated over time or is some personal crusade is debatable - given your username and immediate rants, I suspect you are using infamy for recognition elsewhere. Trying to vehemently 'dare' the mods to ban you, to prove there hasn't been a shift in attitude after all. We don't have to ban you, you've embarrassed yourself enough already. I prefer to let it stay.

I suggest you read back through many posts and topics where the particular points of grief you have are covered. In detail. You seem to have no problem totting up word counts. For the time being, I have temporarily removed you from this thread specifically (of which you have been notified) as you seem unable to articulate your points free of the bile that obviously resides in the back of your throat. I suggest you take some of your own advice and reflect on your actual contribution to the topic at hand. You've exorcised whatever ghosts haunt your dreams so nothing else to do but....

Have a look round, there are plenty of other threads to contribute to.

This is like a mini Evilore post and probably not going to make anything better in the long run. Alf’s annoyed and for justifiable reasons. Of course he’s being an asshole (he obviously knows that, too) but the reason he’s (probably) mad in the first place is because of the condescension, melodrama, and perceived insincerity that’s coming from the top.

Your post is condescending. By the end it gets unnecessarily flowery with the bile / ghost stuff. It reads as too narcissistic to be a genuine attempt to make things better. It’s exactly why Alf is mad at the owner in the first place.

I just don’t know what the end goal here is.

Zannegan

This is like a mini Evilore post and probably not going to make anything better in the long run. Alf’s annoyed and for justifiable reasons. Of course he’s being an asshole (he obviously knows that, too) but the reason he’s (probably) mad in the first place is because of the condescension, melodrama, and perceived insincerity that’s coming from the top.

Your post is condescending. By the end it gets unnecessarily flowery with the bile / ghost stuff. It reads as too narcissistic to be a genuine attempt to make things better. It’s exactly why Alf is mad at the owner in the first place.

Flowery certainly, but you have to reach pretty hard to get narcissism and condescension out of that, IMO. And Bile is a pretty good word to describe Alf's posts.

As for the end goal, that seems pretty clear: "Stop the drama, please," and "If you don't want to be here, just leave."

I would ask you the same question about Alf's behavior though. Why is it that you write off his clearly over the top posts as the natural product of Evilore's, but when a mod comes in with a well-reasoned (if, admittedly, flowery) post telling him to simmer down, that's a sign of narcissism? Doesn't seem even-handed to me.

Last edited:

camelCase

That twitter thread is gross to read. I don't like Schreier and maybe even have a small amount of dislike for him but that string of tweets is appalling.

Why is he wasting his time responding to these people? Random nobody's crackpot theories and comments shouldn't be pinned up there for everyone to see in context with his posts. God, how twitter enables such awful internet discourse. I mean, how many times do exposes and internet rageouts start with a twitter thread? End rant.

No it’s not understandable.

You can’t say Alf is reacting to Evilore when he/she seems to be taking jabs at him with the shower Alf name.

He/she also has a good handle on Gaf history. But it’s a new account. So...
1. He/she account suicide in October like many children did. (Most likely imo)
2. Was banned before for unjustifiable reasons, has an axe to grind (possible)
3. Was a lurker and never signed up before (doubtful)

The problem is people want accountability and an apology, often times when they weren’t actually involved, but don’t believe in the possibility of redemption.

Top Bottom