• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier says his sources just told him God of War Ragnarök is still slated for 2022

Fbh

But wait until he finds out they are crunching to get it out this year

John Goodman Reaction GIF

THEAP99

Banned
For the sake of the reputation of Sony Santa Monica.. I hope he's right

I mean guys.. let's put this into perspective:
- 2018: god of war released
- fall 2020: god of war ragnarok announced for a 2021 release date

- 2021: god of war ragnarok announced to be cross gen and delayed to 2022
- fall 2021: first god of war ragnarok trailer & glimpse at gameplay released, with a middling reaction

- 2022 : not a glimpse of any new news regarding the game all year

Could you imagine if it got delayed to 2023? I mean seriously guys. We're looking at 5 years for a game that does not seem to be that game of a jump of a sequel to the average person.. additionally, it being announced for 2021 and then NOT released till two years later?! The embarrassment would be immeasurable.. I really want to know what's going on inside of Sony Santa Monica, because this output is poor.

Sony Australia on 12/31/2022 23:59:59 having to release before every other major market:
Stressed Out Reaction GIF
Civil war on the bets thread due to time zones differences if it releases in 2022 in some places and 2023 in others. I would love to see it.

Last edited:

Jaybe

- fall 2021: first god of war ragnarok trailer & glimpse at gameplay released, with a middling reaction

Could you imagine if it got delayed to 2023? I mean seriously guys. We're looking at 5 years for a game that does not seem to be that game of a jump of a sequel to the average person.. additionally, it being announced for 2021 and then NOT released till two years later?! The embarrassment would be immeasurable.. I really want to know what's going on inside of Sony Santa Monica, because this output is poor.

I expect it out as well, but one contributing factor to the delay is the actor for Kratos was injured and unable to act. SSM waited for him to recover.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...k-christopher-judge-kratos-actor-injury-delay

Swift_Star

Banned
"my sources haven't heard anything different than what they last heard" doesn't sound definite though...? I hope it does come out this year and that it's awesome but people really need to chill out and accept that we have no control over game releases and delays.
People are just hoping it gets delayed because it’d somehow makes Xbox look better... In the mind of people who care about this.

Swift_Star

Banned

Concern (tm).

"Slated for" and "will release in" are 2 very different things.

I suspect this drama isn't over yet.

Looking at your Twitter some SSM employees probably still think it’s for 2022. If there is a delay to 2023 it could be possible that not everyone knows it yet. My guess.

Edit: I’m just thinking of how both sources can be correct. I don’t believe Jasón doesn’t have a legitimate source because he did leak PlayStation related information in the past before.

Last edited:

your overreacting. we all know the quality will be there in the end. this isnt a sea of thieves or crackdown 3 situation, where a game takes 6 years to make, only to suck and have no content. not to mention covid and the fact that the actor for kratos had to have multiple surgeries. SSM is one of the best studios in the world with a proven track record. what the heck are you talking about?

Kagey K

Banned
Looking at your Twitter some SSM employees probably still think it’s for 2022. If there is a delay to 2023 it could be possible that not everyone knows it yet. My guess.
I don't have a Twitter. Not sure what you are looking at.

Go back to post 74 in this thread and look at the post I quoted from a dev.

Says specifically it can easily slip to 23 even if the plan is 22. Also says it's not completed and being held as some like to think.

I don't have a Twitter. Not sure what you are looking at.

Go back to post 74 in this thread and look at the post I quoted from a dev.

Says specifically it can easily slip to 23 even if the plan is 22. Also says it's not completed and being held as some like to think.

Typo “your” was added by accident. As for the Twitter I’m making a reference to SSM employees tweets. As for the dev who knows really. All we know from Sony is that the game is in its final stages. That’s where they are at with it.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
The last time we had any update from this game was more than a year ago.

If they are indeed planning a 2022 release then why do we have nothing but crickets from SSM?

If they are indeed planning a 2022 release then why do we have nothing but crickets from SSM?

its still early june. not november. theres plenty of time. theres a show tomorrow aswell from goeff keigley. HFW was there last year so its possible ragnarok could be there.

Last edited:
its still early june. not november. theres plenty of time.

I don’t think it’s impossible to have a trailer with a release date. But u agree that the closer we get to the end of the year the less likely it will release in 2022.

With that said I’m personally not worried about the games quality. The next time we see it I’m assuming it will look good.

Swift_Star

Banned

Because marketing is expensive and there’s no reason to waste time making it until they’re ready.

Because marketing is expensive and there’s no reason to waste time making it until they’re ready.

As for a game like GoW you shouldn’t expect too many videos. Because I’m sure they don’t want to spoil the game either. So yes even with a delay I wouldn’t expect a flood of gameplay videos and story trailers from them.

Sony wouldn’t have published those accessibility features if it was a year away. You don’t do that unless the game is in the very final polishing stages

Excited So Close GIF by The Bachelor

I think that’s how close they are with this. Very possible it slips to early 2023 but also possible we get it this year. I think that’s why there’s various rumors on this.

BoxFresh123

Hot take. Especially on this highlighted part that made no sense..............

8mQ1rnb.jpg

I don’t think it’s impossible to have a trailer with a release date. But u agree that the closer we get to the end of the year the less likely it will release in 2022.

With that said I’m personally not worried about the games quality. The next time we see it I’m assuming it will look good.

if we hear nothing at all this month, chances will be very high that its being delayed. if we hear nothing in july, than its 100% getting delayed.

Last edited:

Imagine that…

It-was-known-as-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-for-several-years-Until-spring-2023.jpeg

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

yurinka

Their output is so poor that the previous game they released was the GOTY of that year and one of the best games of the generation.
That game was developed in 4 years, and they took 4 years for its sequel that will be released in 2022 as many different facts point to.
To release goty level AAA games normally takes more than 4 years, you must smoke strong stuff if you really think they have a low output.

P.S.: In addition to GoWR they are also working on minimum another game more, the new IP by Cory Barlog.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
I want it to get delayed to 2023 just so i don't lose my ass in the bets i made with my pals.

I guess @adamsapple was right and we shouldn't make 11 page threads on baseless rumors.
This is a W in my book.

That actually went over the board because Gamereactor reported it, and european retailers were reporting it.

John Wick

Yeah, it seems its going to be a close call if they can finish it on time (obviously in a polished state). You not heard that term before?
If it makes 2022 it will definitely be coming in hot/close to the wire. I'd rather prefer it that they delay it a couple of months to make sure the vision is fully realised,polished and minimal bugs if any.

WitchHunter

They are feeding on fans' sorrow, so it will be 2023 : D. Maybe even 2024. Or if the monkeypox explodes maybe 2026.

Last edited:
If it makes 2022 it will definitely be coming in hot/close to the wire. I'd rather prefer it that they delay it a couple of months to make sure the vision is fully realised,polished and minimal bugs if any.

Honestly I believe it can still come out in a good state if it releases this year. Pretty sure they will make sure that happens if it’s possible.

Corndog

Banned

Reminds me of halo.

I never realized that we had so many children on this forum. Seriously... ya'll creating such a scene over a video game release date. There is too much shit to play anyways, don't you guys have something to strive for in your life or goals to hit? lol Videos games will come sooner or later and they can wait, your life moves on and the time doesn't wait for you.

Either way, will play this when this releases.

Top Bottom