• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier says his sources just told him God of War Ragnarök is still slated for 2022

When Sony Santa Monica are saying they are the only official source of info and to stop the madness maybe it's time to just stop the delayed/not delayed madness and wait for actual news/updates.

True but its tough to do that with sonys shitty communication over the past few years. We found out Horizon was delayed through Schriere/bloomberg like months before sony announced it

It was almost at the point where i never even thought sony would announce the delay themselves

Last edited:
True but its tough to do that with sonys shitty communication over the past few years. We found out Horizon was delayed through Schriere/bloomberg like months before sony announced it

It was almost at the point where i never even thought sony would announce the delay themselves
Yep, that is the core of the problem, Sony terrible and shady communication. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but after what they have done over the years you can't rule out the worst outcome.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Most people masturbate with their dominant hand. Which is what first hand means. The second hand isn’t as effective but it will get the job done.

afterlife GIF

Trust me I’m an expert.
One's an experienced hand jammy, the other is a virgin hand jammy.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Did you even read what I was responding to? He was talking about God of war already being delayed and how it would look if it was delayed again. I responded that it reminded me of halo. Halo infinite was delayed a year and even then it came out half baked. And that was after a long cycle. If anything I was criticizing halo.

I have no idea how that has anything to do with what you posted.
The scope of a game, its content and the reason for its delay has nothing to do with the delay?

Lognor

Banned
Damn. I don't know what to believe now. I'm sticking with 2023 still. Slated for is not a guarantee

Lognor

Banned
Sounds like Sony is giving Jason multiple controlled leaks. Not to mention he claims that other report was false.

We will see what happens.
That's not like sony though. They don't do controlled leaks. But yeah, we'll see. Hopefully they'll give confirmation in the next couple of months. They probably aren't 100% confident at this point.

Last edited:
That's not like sony though. They don't do controlled leaks. But yeah, we'll see. Hopefully they'll give confirmation in the next couple of months. They probably aren't 100% confident at this point.

Well maybe they saw how bad it was getting so they allowed something to be shared with Jason. That's always a possibility.

I don't know if it had any internal delays or not since a release date was never made public, but Tales of Arise was rated more than a year before it came out.

Well to my eyes if it comes out in 2022 it still meets their release window regardless of it getting delayed internally or not. If anything that's the information that we lack.

John Wick

How would Jason know?
He's probably the most least reliable journalist I know of. He rarely puts any effort or investigation into his articles. He doesn't have industry sources like reliable leaker like Jeff et Al.

Borowski_1

If they aren't ready to show the game and its release date on June 9th, might as well delay it already

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Game Reactor from Spain was the one that started spreading the rumor about a delay to 2023. Their source? "retailers" lmao
Depends on which employees they sourced from.

A bunch of min wage clerks arent trustworthy. But if they got info from retailer head office buyers, then it would be trustworthy.

It’s been delayed over a year. Does that sound smooth?

Well all that’s been said was that the actor had some pretty severe injuries so they waited on him. I didn’t hear anything about the game being in rough shape or anything similar. Halo Infinite was delayed for a different reason.

Last edited:
Well all that’s been said was that the actor had some pretty severe injuries so they waited on him. I didn’t hear anything about the game being in rough shape or anything similar.

I mean thats the exact reasons, we have a clear point of conflict with this. We all know Santa Monica studios is not having development troubles with a direct game sequel

I mean thats the exact reasons, we have a clear point of conflict with this. We all know Santa Monica studios is not having development troubles with a direct game sequel

Yes it’s why I find comparisons to Halo Infinite a bit odd. It’s not like they delayed the game because people laughed at the gameplay reveal. The reasons seem pretty different to me.

Corndog

Banned
Well all that’s been said was that the actor had some pretty severe injuries so they waited on him. I didn’t hear anything about the game being in rough shape or anything similar. Halo Infinite was delayed for a different reason.
They aren’t going to delay a game over a year for a mocap guy. A month or two maybe.
Why is it so hard for some people to acknowledge problems. I readily admit infinite had and has problems despite being an Xbox fan.

They aren’t going to delay a game over a year for a mocap guy. A month or two maybe.
Why is it so hard for some people to acknowledge problems. I readily admit infinite had and has problems despite being an Xbox fan.

Honestly I think your dismissing how badly hurt the actor was. And I’m guessing your want to believe there’s evidence of the game being a mess like Halo Infinite was when they first showed it to us.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Honestly I think your dismissing how badly hurt the actor was. And I’m guessing your want to believe there’s evidence of the game being a mess like Halo Infinite was when they first showed it to us.
Where did I say it will be a mess? Please quote me. If you can’t then quit putting words in my mouth.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A pint for my homies who were expecting the Keighley show to end with a release date announcement trailer for this.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Bro do you have a time table on a back surgery, knee surgery and getting both hips replaced

A pint for my homies who were expecting the Keighley show to end with a release date announcement trailer for this.

There’s still Jasón though so if it is coming this year it will be announced at a PlayStation event most likely.

Heard from another Sony source this morning that the game is not delayed. As usual, this is not a guarantee that the game will come out in 2022 and video game development is so turbulent that you should never trust a release date until the product in question is in your hands. But this Gamereactor report appears to be false.

Also, FWIW, I haven't heard anything suggesting it'll be at the Keighley thing today.

Good thing his sources didn’t suggest it would be at SGF.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ragnarök-delayed-to-2023-according-to-gamereactor-spain-update-see-threadmarks.592872/post-88033266

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Because you compared it to Halo Infinite. Next time stop suggesting this game had technical issues like Halo Infinite did.
Again, I never did. It obviously has development issues though. I done talking. If you are not going to be honest then I won’t waste both of our time.

Top Bottom