• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier's industry sources: PS5 is superior in ways that Sony has not communicated yet

TriSuit666

Banned
It's the blower fan and that custom fan curve that's the secret sauce Fomy was trying to communicate by them branes-waves.

Amiirite? Does I get to be a jounralissts now? Ooh, sowee - slap EXCLLUUUSIVE on that info.

That Schitt dealt with, I'll have MLID beat next...

DonJimbo

I’m not even sure what are you talking about.

Well Jason was right like usual... PS5 is showing why it is the most powerful consoles in the world.

Everything seems alright in our universe.
In your universe of course it seems Brazilian fellow but as a whole the gaming press is the biggest shithole in the universe they digust me

sooo when will sony start talking about it? 🤷‍♀️

my guess is the devs are loving ps5 ease of development, the dualsense, standard hardware for both sku.

That's likely the big equalizer.

Also it's hard to market "Look, the PS5 is easier to develop for and more efficient because of how the system is laid out internally and the throughput/bandwidth it has, etc. etc."

Way easier to say "We got games, son"

Last edited:

John Wick

No someone who is smarter for only 100 bucks more, he will prefer to have the disc version of the PS5 or the SX.

$300 XSS

$400 PS5 DE

$500 PS5 - XSX

PS5 DE is the bad choice imo.
Is it? XSS is the bad choice. Judging by recent comparisons it's weak console and going to get left behind. 1440p at SX framerates lmfao.
I see more and more gamers switching to digital only. PS5 DE makes more sense day by day. Also with people switching to 4K tvs too it makes far more sense than XSS

geordiemp

Its a secret sauce. Just like everything else sony do. Its so good they dont talk about it.

The information is out there, and even if Sony tried to explain 99 % of gamers would not understand or appreciate it anyway and it would be mis understood.

Maybe you should focus on what XSX is doing, and ask questions like how have Microsoft optimised for 14 CU in extra long shader arrays when everyone else uses less or equal to 10 CU per shader array in every design since dawn of time.

How did Microsoft optimise L1 cache for the bigger 14 CU shader array. Microsoft said no comment on L1 at Hotchips, would not talk about it.

How did Microsoft optimise LDS data store, as it has to store parameters from 14 CU instead of 10 CU, and LDS is normally a nottleneck even with 10 CU.

MS, How does the front end deliver work optimally to 14 CU per array instead of the usual 10 CU ? What is the typical performance hit ?

It seems 6800 XT is converting allot of work to primitive shaders in drivers and hardware, is XSX doing the same optimisations ?

It is not Sony who is missing performance, why do Sony need to explain anything especially when XSX design is very non standard dual purpose Server design and different to everyhing else evermade ?

Last edited:

Eternal21

Still looking for the secret sauce even after release 😂
97ff066e3b5e65e53ee376f85ac97dfd.jpg

No someone who is smarter for only 100 bucks more, he will prefer to have the disc version of the PS5 or the SX.

$300 XSS

$400 PS5 DE

$500 PS5 - XSX

PS5 DE is the bad choice imo.
Yet xss is the only one that is available on the shelf at stores.

Not everywhere, but on EU they are available in multiple countries.

PS5 sold out ~5000 times faster than series x (5mins vs +2 weeks) so popularity is from another dimension

Last edited:
It didn't help the frame rate plummeting on PS5 in 120fps mode🤷🏼‍♀️
Atleast its not running in ms dos low preset like competition 😅. In order for competition to keep up with ps5 they had to use the pixilated no polygon setting . Secret sauce working in front of your face🤣

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
T
Sounds like damage control. I heard the Series S would be matching the Series X in everything but resolution. We even had people like Tom Warren expecting the Series S to outperform the PS5 thanks to its higher clocked CPU lol. Even with games like Assassins Creed that are locked to 30fps on Series S, the console isn’t hitting the 1440p mark.

The console is severely underpowered. The gen is not even even up to two weeks old and we are already seeing 360 era resolutions. I don’t care if it’s 120Hz or not, this shouldn’t be happening with a console that’s marketed as next gen.
This was obvious just looking at the specs. Some people were talking about how old games were running on it but that was never relevant.

When it was announced my point was that it's going to look incredibly dated in a couple years time, and that you're better off sticking with your current-gen machine for the time being if you can't afford a proper next-gen console.

It's already struggling to run some cross-gen games at 1080p, imagine what it's going to be like as games get more demanding.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony did an incredible job but still needs FPS, horror etc. games, a combination of games will win this generation

How many mainstreamers HONESTLY have a 120fps TV without that weird software auto smoothing stuff? Native 120fps? I just feel like this is comparisons for comparison's sake.

Either way, I'm excited for the next few years worth of devs learning the silicon.

Top Bottom