• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JAY Z/Madonna/Kanye & others turn profile blue to promote Tidal streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/X-57i6EeKLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYGdcLbFkw

image.jpg

https://tidalhifi.com/

robotrock

Banned
I passed the TIDAL audiophile test and got a 14 day trial back in December. I used it once to listen to the new D'Angelo album.

Does Kanye really care about 320+ quality? MBDTF...

Hey turn your profile pic blue!

Why, is it some charity? Helping kids with diseases? Getting clean water for third world countries? Raising awareness for child abuse?

No it's to help rich musicians promote a service that makes them more money.

DOWN

Banned
It's a new streaming service?

That's some lame anti-marketing marketing. "Make history". Okay.

cory64

I used Tidal for 3 months and it was great, but I'd rather spend $20 on iTunes each month. It fits my usage better.

SJRB

Gold Member

Why, is it some charity? Helping kids with diseases? Getting clean water for third world countries? Raising awareness for child abuse?

Kind of, yeah. Never heard of Tidal so I was kind of confused until I realised it's just a digital store.

Pretty bizarre.

aly

That's what this is? A new streaming service? I thought this was some important life changing stuff at first. What a strange way to market it.

entremet

I see some people giving them shit about it Twitter already.

oxidax

ugh! so this is what it is! I kept seeing cyan pics popping everywhere and "Tides will turn" tweets from big artists..im thinking is some kind of huge charity event or something. Blah!

shink

Essentially all these tweets etc from the artists are saying "please give me a greater share of revenue". I don't think I care enough about their high expenditure lifestyle to switch.

Aomber

$20 a month is pretty ridiculous. I mean I pay $5/mo for Spotify Premium with student discount and listen to most of my music on there.

For the amount of music that I actually buy vs how much I stream, that doesn't seem worth it. Student discount at $10/mo for lossless and I'm sold.

$20 a month is pretty ridiculous. I mean I pay $5/mo for Spotify Premium with student discount and listen to most of my music on there.

For the amount of music that I actually buy vs how much I stream, that doesn't seem worth it. Student discount at $10/mo for lossless and I'm sold.

image.jpg

jWILL253

Banned
This is some pretty cynical marketing, to be honest. Change you avi in solidarity for... an overpriced streaming service made by and for a bunch of artists and labels who are pissy that Spotify ate their lunch money.

Shame on you Jigga/Yeezy.

Hatchtag

Banned
Wait so literally the only leg up it has on Spotify is higher quality audio, and they're charging double what Spotify charges to get that?

ReiGun

Seems like only a niche audience would care about a streaming service for Hifi quality music, Hidef music videos, and whatever "expertly curated editorial" means (if anyone can explain, please do!). Which is fine, nothing wrong with aiming for a niche. But then, I'm sure they don't intend this to be niche at all and even if they did, I don't that niche is large enough to justify moving to this service vs spotify. Especially when the standard tier offers nothing over that service besides the music videos, which can be watched elsewhere.

Of course, if artists all start pulling their music from spotify to go here...well...

entremet

This is some pretty cynical marketing, to be honest. Change you avi in solidarity for... a overpriced streaming service made by and for a bunch of artists and labels who are pissy that Spotify ate their lunch money.

Shame on you Jigga/Yeezy.
Spotify really sucks for artist, though.

Can't blame them.

Einhander

Wouldn't Tidal result in the same issues that successful musicians have had with Spotify? All that royalty money would still have to funnel through record labels first, right?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Why would anyone pay $20 a month with so many other options out there? How bout, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom