• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Chillhop

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's doing well. Just felt like dropping some of my favorites of the last couple of months, as well as pitch the first vinyl release funding project on our label.

Nice array of variously styled beats, mostly short jazzy tunes

imo the best lo-fi release of the year hands down, all of this guys music is amazing.

Not usually a fan of lyrics in this type of music, but this one sounds really well. Good beats, good flow. Especially Phantom / Dead Albatross / Picbassquiato are sick!

As for our own release on Chillhop Records by none other than the man "Deeb", we recently launched our first Vinyl Funding project since we want to do a physical release for a change and not have our music available in just 0's and 1's.

If we reach 200 sales, the record gets pressed so we're trying hard to reach that number. Either way I'm curious to hear what you guys think about the album in general, it's a bit less jazzy and a bit more downtempo. You can check out the vinyl via the link below or if you want to check it out on Bandcamp you can do so here and it's also on Spotify / iTunes / Deezer etc.

https://qrates.com/artists/ChillhopRecords/items/12341

Hope everyone's doing OK, activity seems to have been a bit lower in this thread lately and I hope you guys haven't lost the love for the music haha, I've always lurked here and found a lot of good music over the years! :D

Peace

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's doing well. Just felt like dropping some of my favorites of the last couple of months, as well as pitch the first vinyl release funding project on our label.

Nice array of variously styled beats, mostly short jazzy tunes

imo the best lo-fi release of the year hands down, all of this guys music is amazing.

Not usually a fan of lyrics in this type of music, but this one sounds really well. Good beats, good flow. Especially Phantom / Dead Albatross / Picbassquiato are sick!

As for our own release on Chillhop Records by none other than the man "Deeb", we recently launched our first Vinyl Funding project since we want to do a physical release for a change and not have our music available in just 0's and 1's.

If we reach 200 sales, the record gets pressed so we're trying hard to reach that number. Either way I'm curious to hear what you guys think about the album in general, it's a bit less jazzy and a bit more downtempo. You can check out the vinyl via the link below or if you want to check it out on Bandcamp you can do so here and it's also on Spotify / iTunes / Deezer etc.

https://qrates.com/artists/ChillhopRecords/items/12341

Hope everyone's doing OK, activity seems to have been a bit lower in this thread lately and I hope you guys haven't lost the love for the music haha, I've always lurked here and found a lot of good music over the years! :D

Peace

dope i'll check these out. Haven't heard about anything new outside of some loci records stuff that gets dropped on fb.

Jaroof

Joseph Jacobs always brings the goods.
Based off what I've heard(listened to up to the 11th track today), nothing's changed.

Tokubetsu

Been a minute instrumental hop gaf but figured I share some ish:

Instrumental grime tape. Gundam is known in particular for his rework and edits of classic RnB joints (waifu riddims). He's good, this tape is good and I think a lot of you will fuck with it. Bless.

Secondly, I did a remix for a grime label/tape. You can stream the whole thing here:

It's also available for purchase on 12" and Digitally ofc.

Been a minute instrumental hop gaf but figured I share some ish:

Instrumental grime tape. Gundam is known in particular for his rework and edits of classic RnB joints (waifu riddims). He's good, this tape is good and I think a lot of you will fuck with it. Bless.

Secondly, I did a remix for a grime label/tape. You can stream the whole thing here:

It's also available for purchase on 12" and Digitally ofc.

nice, I'll check them out

soultron

Banned
Used to listen to CL a tonne back in the day, up to just after Kno released Death Is Silent. Anyone know what happened to them and QN5? Are they still making music together?

Tokubetsu

https://youtu.be/UU3U88rfRRw

rs7GHYR.gif

Shy

Hey, everybody.
It's the creator of Chillhop's birthday!

Happy Birthday, man!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
lg25eik.gif

I fucking love Chillhop.

It's the reason i have a Premium DI account. (Not that i don't like the rest of the site) And listen to the channel everyday.

Thank you so much.

IrishNinja

happy birf, chillhops!

THIS. IS. NOT. A. DRILL.

November 2nd, 2016.

Physical only. I already pre-ordered my copy.

WAT

haha of course it's just a CD, and the only vinly are sold-out singles...ughhh, get it together hydeout!!
okay wait, there's Waltz for Life, might cop...wait it's not the same song, dammit

Jaroof

haha of course it's just a CD, and the only vinly are sold-out singles...ughhh, get it together hydeout!!
okay wait, there's Waltz for Life, might cop...wait it's not the same song, dammit
I'm not sure if it'll make a difference, but you can order from roph.net (their label's website) as well.

I've ordered freedom of the son from them before. Only issue was that they forgot to send it out and I had to wait like another 3 weeks lol

Chillhop

Neo Member
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!

Hyped for that Uyama Hiroto album, although I have a feeling he's including less and less hiphop influences in his music lately, this album might just be full on Jazz. Not complaining at all though, should be pretty dope. Shag album's pretty dope as well, copped it the moment it came out.

While I'm at it: we just published a second / new Chill Study Beats Mix on YouTube with 2 hours of mellow beats. I think you guys would dig it, might even be some new artist to discover. Hope you guys enjoy it, I had some fun putting it together. :)

cordy

Banned
Fam, I need your help.

Anyone got any great suggestions for Japanese Jazz? I need it for research. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. You can even introduce Japanese Jazz-Hop if you'd like, Nujabes I already have all of his stuff.

Jaroof

Fam, I need your help.

Anyone got any great suggestions for Japanese Jazz? I need it for research. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. You can even introduce Japanese Jazz-Hop if you'd like, Nujabes I already have all of his stuff.

Can't go wrong with a bit of Kenichiro Nishihara.
Nebulosa
Step Firmly, Slowly (One of my all-time favorite songs)

Uayama Hiroto is also a given.
Didn't link any songs by him, because the majority of his stuff is gold. If you need any recs, just ask!

Hidetake Takayama is cool, too.
Check out this puke!

And for the reeeeaaal laid back stuff, try this album by DJ Krush & Toshinori Kondo.
Sun is Shining

Anyone else have any other artists to throw in, feel free!

Top Bottom