• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Cedric

that's a great start to such a list, and i'll have more to add later, but....as for Tribe, The Love Movement > Beats, Rhymes & Life, i think

I love Beats, Rhyme & Life but never listened to the Love Movement (although Find A Way is a GOAT track). I'll check it out.

Her Favorite Colo(u)r by Blu has two of the greatest jazz rap songs ever in "Vanity" and "Amnesia".

Thanks, I'll check it out!

desu

Tor has released a new Mix tape
This is a compilation of some of my unreleased beats, loops & drafts from the vaults. A lot of these are from way back and definitely have a different sound than where my new music is going, but I wanted to put this out to say thank you for listening & sticking with me this past year. It's up for free or pay-what-you-want on bandcamp. Merry Christmas!

https://tor-beatsloopsdrafts.bandcamp.com/

Chillhop

Neo Member
Yo my dudes, wishing you all the best for 2017.
The man Michita just came out with another album and it's pretty dope.
His stuff has been all over the place but this one is right back to smooth beats.
He doesn't use bandcamp I think, but you can check it out on Spotify here.
Enjoy!

desu

Pretty silent here lately!

Dj Okawari - Compass
pecf-3175yfszi.jpg

https://play.spotify.com/album/6qMB...ce=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open&play=true

Cedric

Is there a community on GAF for jazz-hop producers? A thread where people can submit their tracks and exchange ideas & tips for beat-makings?

edit: Should also say, love this channel for studying. CHillhop radio is a 24/7 streaming youtube account that plays jazzy, lofi, hip hop beats. You can catch artists like Uyama Hiroto and Nujabes playing from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWYNqeWqyY

Melchior

Sorry to bump with no content but I've been looking for these guys for a few days now but I can't find them. This is probably hopeless since I don't remember their name but what I do remember is that there were only 6 songs all on youtube (numbered 1-6) and it was 2 guys just making jams in their room. I could swear there was a Q in their name. They never released an album or anything

I'm currently combing over every page of this thread because I'm pretty sure I found them on here or /r/nujabes so if I find it I'll post it.

Jaroof

Man, atu's Curb Your Instrumentals still remains one of my favorite themed albums.
I've posted about it before, but I revisited it recently, and it's still amazing to me.
In it, he took various quotes from scenarios in Curb Your Enthusiasm, and made a beat to accompany the scene. It worked incredibly well. Atu has removed it from his Bandcamp, for whatever reason, but it's still available here. Check it out when you get the time!

My favorites: Cool De La, Black Women, and Choke Artist.

Top Bottom