• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz Jennings ‘proud’ to show off gender confirmation surgery scars

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is child abuse, full stop.

...and it is just a business, like everything else. There is no genuine care for people dealing with issues. All we have is charlatans and corporate crooks. People can easily overlook that this is big money; they target young people and want to "talk them into it". To make money off somebody's confusion, hardships, or box they were put in is cruel. But that is the world we currently live in. This is not a critique of people who transitioned after a long period of contemplation and consideration, and who genuinely felt that way during that time. But these people are a minority. This corporate push (on both the personal and societal level) helps nobody, and will just create more damage than people realize.

Last edited:

Nixonomics

Yeah she seems happy as a teenager good for her!

I mean there's no chance that in his late 20s he'll regret this and finds out he can't never get an orgasm or have a child on his own without going through some process. No chance of depression that will come out from this and that it could end very badly for anyone

😒

Remilia, the trans league of legends player, who recently passed away had a history online of regretting their transition. They had said years ago that their transition spawned from a fetish involving seeing themselves as a woman at a young age. Of course when they spoke to their parents/doctor about this it wasn't termed/viewed as a fetish but as gender dysphoria - which is totally and obviously treatable by jumping headfirst into transitioning. Once they started down the rabbit hole it just became routine for them to take their hormone pills and play the part. It became the new normal for them and they just continued down that path as it felt too late to back out. Jump to ~15 years later... :/

I wonder how many people who were steered into early transitions feel the same way but are kept quiet by fear of their own community. Unfortunately, from what I've seen open and level headed discourse isn't exactly the hallmark of the trans community. Coming to terms with the fact that transitioning on a child's whim may not be the best idea long term isn't likely to happen. No, they're brave heroes. Role models. You look great, girl! What could go wrong.

Sakura

How can a 5 year old be diagnosed with gender dysphoria? When I was 5 the only things I thought about were eating candy and playing Sega

Breakage

It's strange how a growing number now see healthy functioning organs as something abnormal and have no problem with their removal. It's the same mode of thinking in the suppression of normal childhood development with puberty blockers. Healthy organs and even normal, healthy childhood development are now met with feelings of revulsion.

In one of the Scandinavian countries, the surgery has been renamed “gender correction surgery”. This suggests that the organs are naturally defective when they are not.

Why don't we similarly indulge the delusions of anorexics who are convinced that they are too fat? What's the difference? Unlike those who believe they were born in the “wrong” bodies entirely, anorexics primarily hate aspect of their bodies: body fat.

Yet anorexia is classed as a serious mental health problem and the sufferer's thoughts and feelings are not appeased. They are, rightly in my view, treated as people who are deeply unwell. This is in contrast to someone who hates their entire body and wants to surgically remove healthy, functioning organs to satisfy their feelings. Such a person is not treated as seriously unwell. Instead their worldview is supported and flattered. Everyone else is encouraged, increasingly with threats of punishment, to defer and reinforce their worldview, no matter how absurd it is.
One of the triumphs of this ideology is that it has convinced many that there is nothing wrong with harming a healthy body, even when that body belongs to a child.
As far as the ideologues are concerned, it's the compassionate thing to do in a “progressive” society.

How can a 5 year old be diagnosed with gender dysphoria? When I was 5 the only things I thought about were eating candy and playing Sega
There are actually male and female behavioral differences that present themselves from just a few days old, such as a preference for mechanical toys or dolls with faces, that are so ubiquitous that they're even recorded as occuring in other great ape species. It's one of the reasons we know divergence in behavior between the sexes is primarily innately biological in nature, and not simply a social constract as intersectional feminists believe

A child liking the opposite toy to the norm for their gender is one of the easiest and early symptoms of an individual possibly being trans, although it's more likely you've got a dandy or a tomboy on your hands.

Still, this is a real if rare condition, and so there are signs from an even younger age than this Jazz girl was when she was diagnosed.

Malakhov

Banned
Remilia, the trans league of legends player, who recently passed away had a history online of regretting their transition. They had said years ago that their transition spawned from a fetish involving seeing themselves as a woman at a young age. Of course when they spoke to their parents/doctor about this it wasn't termed/viewed as a fetish but as gender dysphoria - which is totally and obviously treatable by jumping headfirst into transitioning. Once they started down the rabbit hole it just became routine for them to take their hormone pills and play the part. It became the new normal for them and they just continued down that path as it felt too late to back out. Jump to ~15 years later... :/

I wonder how many people who were steered into early transitions feel the same way but are kept quiet by fear of their own community. Unfortunately, from what I've seen open and level headed discourse isn't exactly the hallmark of the trans community. Coming to terms with the fact that transitioning on a child's whim may not be the best idea long term isn't likely to happen. No, they're brave heroes. Role models. You look great, girl! What could go wrong.

Such a sad story.

I had my first serious relationship at 26, decided and had my first kid at 30. Decided to get a vasectomy after my 2nd child since I didn't want other kids at 36.

Now I've been on tinder for a year after getting divorced and while sex and casual relations are easy to get, serious ones on the other hand is hard.

My tinder is filled with mid 30s women who decided they want a kid NOW after spending all of their 20s and early 30s having fun instead of building something.

So yeah I'm sure at 5 years old you've got your sex identity and preferences all covered up! Makes total sense.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I loved playing Punch-Out when I was 5. I'm still pissed that my parents didn't surgically attach boxing gloves to my wrists.

In all seriousness, though, this Jazz person doesn't seem to be messed up or unhappy from the 10 seconds of footage I've seen.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
There was an ep where she was talking to the doctor about never having an orgasm before. The doctor wanted her to have one but jazz just doesn't really get horny or whatever.

I can almost relate. I've experienced attraction many times, but the desire for actual sex has never been there. I'm assuming for Jazz, it was most likely her original 'equipment' that made the idea offputting, combined with the use of anti-androgens at such a young age.

Still, after enough time to heal has passed, post-op trans women can often orgasm with the use of a vibrator. Sometimes it is actually easier than before, as there is nothing to cause disrupting dysphoria.

Last edited:
I don’t get how 2 years old they know.

I just think it’s too early, what if a kid at 11 decides one thing then later another. If you say you’re gay at 11 you aren’t doing anything anyway. Even if you are gay through your teens into adulthood if you found out you were bi or straight later you can just start dating other people.

but gender reassignment so early feels drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom