• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Gerstmann on Halo Collection: "Move mouse to look around", PC Version Confirme?

Linkyn

That would be really nice. I like Halo, but it isn't worth buying a system by itself. A PC version just makes too much sense.

I would love this, which means there's probably no way it's going to happen I need my Halo fix, but I'm not going to buy a Bone for it or anything else right now.

Damaniel

Banned
If they put it on PC, they'll be killing a lot of potential Xbox One purchases. I will be getting this game, regardless of whether it's on PC or not. If they put it on PC, they'll save me $400+ by not having to buy an Xbox One (and I'd appreciate that greatly), but in the end their goal is to get Xbones into houses, and a PC port would conflict with that goal.

daninthemix

There's no way this is possible. Depriving the XBO of a prime exclusive would be MS shooting themselves in the foot with a large calibur magnum.

Nzyme32

it's more likely that the xbox one is getting mouse and keyboard support than putting all the halo games up on pc.

unless there is a games for windows live 2, and the game is it's flagship

RdN

I'd be shocked if this launched day and date for the PC. It's the biggest sales push that MS has for the Xbox One.

I can see it launching down the line, but not on Nov. 11.

Village

And capcom reps said DR3 would be exclusive to XB1 forever.
That is dead rising.

This is halo.

Don't ever use the " they did it with these other things, therefor they have to do it with this thing " logic with halo, halo gets special privileges. Don't expect is what I am saying.

UI for PC + Steam database entry for all Halo games= pretty much locked for PC.

Yup. Since that database leak from a year or two ago there have only been a couple of games (out of dozens?) that showed up on that list but haven't come out yet.

You guys wanna guess what those couple or so games that leaked but haven't come out yet are?

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+) <-- available Mar 20, 2013
Super House of Dead Ninjas <--- available February 18th, 2013
Dyad <-- officially announced by developer Feb 4, 2013
Retro/Grade <-- Officially announced Mar 5, 2013
Angry Birds Space <-- Mar 7, 2013
Fez <-- May 1, 2013
Cut the Rope <-- Mar 22, 2013
La-Mulana <-- Apr 15, 2013
Yogventures! <-- Confirmed
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta <-- Confirmed
Resident Evil: Revelations <-- Dated
Shadow Warrior Complete <-- Confirmed
Fast and Furious 6 <-- Released
The Splatters <-- Released as Super Splatters
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII <-- Announced for release
Lococycle <-- Feb 14, 2014

guys, it's probably happening.

dr_rus

Yeah I'll wait till MS officially announce it.
They can be developing the MCC on PCs, you know? Doesn't mean that they'll sell it anywhere outside of XBO.

derExperte

There's no way this is possible. Depriving the XBO of a prime exclusive would be MS shooting themselves in the foot with a large calibur magnum.

How about giving PC gamers a taste of Halo (beyond Spartan Assault) and then releasing the next new installment exclusively on X1? I can't imagine many people basing their purchasing decision on this collection alone.

fantomena

MS also said "We currently do not have plans to release any Halo titles on Steam, nor do we currently have plans to release a PC version of Halo 3,"

And look, then they relased Spartan Assault.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Patrick also said casually "yeah Halo 2 is coming to PC so it wouldnt surprise me"

that might just be from the registry rumors, or it might be because these guys hear shit and he might have thought it was announced or something

Deadbeat

Banned
MS also said "We currently do not have plans to release any Halo titles on Steam, nor do we currently have plans to release a PC version of Halo 3,"

And look, then they relased Spartan Assault.
But that was an exception to the rule. /scarasm

Patrick also said casually "yeah Halo 2 is coming to PC so it wouldnt surprise me"

that might just be from the registry rumors, or it might be because these guys hear shit and he might have thought it was announced or something

he said Halo 3 I think

I'd love to see the collection on PC. I don't think anyone is going to be buying a Xbox One for the collection alone but if you gave PC players new to Halo the collection, they may consider getting an Xbox one for the sequel.

Wanna bet?

They're not putting this together just to have this thing loose on the PC when they're trying to compete in the console market. They do not care one bit about profits that would come from PC game sales. It makes no strategic sense, either- Halo is one of their few strong properties that strengthens Xbox. Releasing it on PC would undermine that.

They're not putting this together just to have this thing loose on the PC when they're trying to compete in the console market. They do not care one bit about profits that would come from PC game sales. It makes no strategic sense, either- Halo is one of their few strong properties that strengthens Xbox. Releasing it on PC would undermine that.
That doesn't answer my question.

I know what your line of reasoning is.

I'm asking if you wanna bet on it.

That is what Halo 5 is for though, create a bigger fanbase with this. And then hope they'll buy a new console. All these titles are on the Xbox 360 anyway.

scitek

Agreed. Any money they make on Windows would have to be split with the maker of the OS. They should stick to platforms they own outright.

Agreed. Any money they make on Windows would have to be split with the maker of the OS. They should stick to platforms they own outright.

The last thing Microsoft would be caught doing is supporting some random PC OS over the xbox. I guess I hadn't really thought of that until he brought it up.

That doesn't answer my question.

I know what your line of reasoning is.

I'm asking if you wanna bet on it.

In that case, why would you want to bet? Not only would it be a fake internet bet- and there's no way to put it nicely- it would be a really dumb fake internet bet on your part.

Do you have insider info?

My totally pulled out of my ass theory - it may have initially been considered for PC and has since been cancelled as selling Ones is seen as more important.

def sim

I would love to see it sooner rather than later, but I've waited all this time so even a one year exclusivity wouldn't bother me. Putting them on PC would give them permanence and that's pretty important to me.

Top Bottom