• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Gerstmann on Halo Collection: "Move mouse to look around", PC Version Confirme?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If this collection and Phantom Dust came to PC, Phil Spencer would be the best thing to happen to X-box since J. Allard, no joke.

It would also reinforce his "we have an appreciation of PC" comments while not going down the Games for Windows Live road. More X-box/PC exclusive support, less trying to shoe-horn people into paid-for online cross-play.

As much as I'd love it to be, there's no way this is coming out on PC any time soon, let alone at the collection's launch.

If MS is "feeling nice", they throw a PC port of a AAA exclusive years afterward, to ensure fans buy it on their closed ecosystem. Then they do a PC port well after the hype has died down to grab the rest of the gaming populace who absolutely won't budge on getting it on XB1 (or even getting an XB1).

inkls

Haha remember when they said "We currently have no plans to release any Halo games on PC" and then Halo: Spartan Assault popped up on Steam? Good times.

Even then, I was surprised that they responded, last I had seen Ms' PR was usually to not comment on leaks.

In that case, why would you want to bet? Not only would it be a fake internet bet- and there's no way to put it nicely- it would be a really dumb fake internet bet on your part.
So it would be a smart bet on your part.

Put your money where your mouth is, we can bet a ban from this place if you want is that fake enough for you?

Agauos

Neo Member
"Not currently in our plans, that's not to say it isn't possible. But Microsoft does take PC seriously as a gaming platform."

No love for PC as usual. Very disappointed but not by any means surprised.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Releasing it on PC would be smart. They'd generate a ton of goodwill, hook people on the franchise then keep 5 exclusive for the Xbone to drive console sales.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping so badly this happens and we get the online coop campaigns for each game. That would be awesome.

Kelsey

Banned
Frankie said there's no current plans to bring it to PC. He was on the IGN live stream an hour ago and answered the question.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Wouldn't make sense for it to come out on PC ... at least not until the title has run it's course sales wise on the xbone.

dalVlatko

Fantastic input. 10/10

No PC version planned right now. Not impossible, but not scheduled right now.

7W6437d.jpg

Frankie pls

aScaris

Fantastic input. 10/10

No PC version planned right now. Not impossible, but not scheduled right now.

:( beaten every halo ever released multiple times on consoles and love the franchise, but pleeeease let me experience it with mouse and keyboard!!!! PLEEEEASE!!!! (yeah, never gonna happen, but hope dies last)

oti

Banned
I'd love to play the games on PC, but if Halo won't be exclusive to Xbox One, what will? This collection exists to communicate value (regarding the console), releasing the game on PC too would kinda destroy that.

Xamdou

Would be great to play this on the pc with the Xbox one controller. Never thought about it but Jeff might be on to something.

Bry0

On the IGN piece about the collection Frankie said no plans for pc at the moment. It could also be that they ported over the pc versions of halo or halo 2 for whatever reason, hence left over bits in the UI.

So many little hints popping up over the last several months, always followed by denial but this time I'm feeling no heart in that denial, so I'm assuming it's true.

Top Bottom