• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jeff Grubb] Don’t Expect Bloodborne Updates, From Software is Too Busy With Elden Ring

Draugoth

Gold Member
blood-characterjpg-8e8fab_160w.jpg.webp

https://www.psu.com/news/bloodborne...software-is-too-busy-with-elden-ring-for-now/

Jeff Grubb has provided a brief update on the future of Bloodborne on the Xbox Expansion Pass podcast, claiming that developer FromSoftware is too busy with Elden Right right now to make anything happen.

Specifically, Grubb said that not only is the studio busy supporting Elden Ring following is hugely successful launch in February, but the game’s code is problematic in a way that Sony wouldn’t be able to simply give it to another developer to work on.

Apparently, FromSoftware would need to oversee any production on Bloodborne even if a new studio was involved, and they simply don’t have the time to spare right now.

Lame. I do want to play Bloodborne some day. But I can wait.

I hope whatever DLC they have planned for Elden Ring is at the same quality as the main game. I’m 80 hours in, took a hiatus after Mellania (?), I wanna say? Moved onto other things.

Greatly looking forward to my next 80 hours in Elden Ring, timed with whenever the DLC comes.

Fbh

OMG thx mister insider. I was at the edge of my seat waiting for the latest update for this game neither Sony nor From have touched in like 7 years!

Lame. I do want to play Bloodborne some day. But I can wait.

I hope whatever DLC they have planned for Elden Ring is at the same quality as the main game. I’m 80 hours in, took a hiatus after Mellania (?), I wanna say? Moved onto other things.

Greatly looking forward to my next 80 hours in Elden Ring, timed with whenever the DLC comes.

FROM had usually had amazing DLC and I expect nothing different from the Elden Ring DLC.

TexMex

I’m not expecting a Bloodborne update but this idiot has proven time and time again he has no idea what the fuck he’s talking about. We really don’t need a new thread every time Jeff Gubb speaks in vague platitudes about something, following anything he says is pointless.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
there is no bloodborne update....

BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSY WITH BLOODBORNE 2!!!!!!

NAUGHTY FROM!!!!!

Buggy Loop

there is no bloodborne update....

BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSY WITH BLOODBORNE 2!!!!!!

NAUGHTY FROM!!!!!

After Elden ring’s success I’m pretty sure From wiped whatever roadmap they previously had to just Elden ring DLC, Elden ring 2, Elden ring 3, …

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
After reading some patch notes and the game’s damage output has changed a lot since launch. Reducing damage of certain spells and skills, increasing casting time, balancing weapon damage, and etc. Gone are the days of reduced greatsword damage and horefrost stomps. I wish there was an expansion to utilize all these changes. My guess is that multiplayer still holds up. I’m waiting till it’s fresh in my mind before going back. 3-4 play throughs gave me a lot of exposure.

I’m not expecting a Bloodborne update but this idiot has proven time and time again he has no idea what the fuck he’s talking about. We really don’t need a new thread every time Jeff Gubb speaks in vague platitudes about something, following anything he says is pointless.
Replace him with others such as Nate. It’s not that what they’re saying might be true some day, but every single time they leak a game title or new title it never, ever happens. All they ever get right is the date of the Direct. They’re never right about the games themselves. The stuff they hear is probably old info from 6+ months ago that is either still being figured out or plans have changed and they don’t have the updated info. So why any of us make threads to discuss leaker’s leaks is honestly something we should all move on from. People getting upset about a game not being in a Direct because a leaker said it would be there is like, rock bottom of game forum discussion.

Like in the spring when it was “leaked” that Nintendo was developing a new Mario Kart. And it kept getting corroborated. Okay, well look how that turned out. The new Mario Kart content ended up being DLC for Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo’s for sure working on more Metroid than just Prime 4. But why would they released Prime remaster when Dread isn’t even a year old? Since when does Nintendo release two games in the same series within 12 months?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1 has nothing to do with the other.

Sony hasn’t bothered with Bloodborne since 2015. They don’t care.

I think this is the most accurate.

It's been so long, if there was a remaster/re-release, it would have happened a while ago.

And if they remaster the game in 2023, 2024 won't it be too late and better that they work on a sequel instead.

Aldric

People getting upset about a game not being in a Direct because a leaker said it would be there is like, rock bottom of game forum discussion.
Yeah I think there's an argument to be made that "insiders" discussion should be banned, these people are attention whores and the occasional proper info they have isn't worth all the times they talk complete bollocks and string gullible people along.

I don't get why people is obsessed with bloodbourne, a game from just last gen, retrocompatible, that literally anyone with a playstation machine can buy and play. What else there is for from software to do with it?
60fps and 4k and faster load times would be wonderful. It's always ran a bit janky (30fps with uneven frame times) despite several performance patches. Hell, Lance McDonald designed a patch allowing 60fps that could run on hacked PS4s and on development PS5s by backporting the Dark Souls 3 PS4 Pro patch, so it should be very possible if From and/or Sony have the source code.

The chromatic abberation was also a bit aggressive for some people's liking.

Last edited:

Aenima

We could always just have Japan Studio do it........ oh wait......

JIMBO!!!!!!!!
Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie GIF
BluePoint

Jeff is full of shit. The fact that FromSoft is busy does not prevent anything to happen to Bloodborne cuz Sony owns the IP, and they could had any of they studios work on it.

Last edited:
There's literally an unofficial patch that runs the game at 60fps made by a fan.

Also...Bloodborne's code is problematic...but not the original Demon's Souls?
Bluepoint did that remake without From Software and everything worked really well.
I thought this as well... like how did BluePoint do it?!?!

But, I think that the original Demon's Souls code was "cleaner" I think it's a "Windows" like situation. They started with a base (legacy code) and just piled new code on top. Who knows, there's probably Demon's Souls legacy code in Dark Souls 3 still... dare I say maybe still in Elden Ring 👀 Instead of blowing it up and starting from scratch they just put bandages over problem areas. That might explain why Souls games are so consistently alike, in terms of performance and feel.

Last edited:
Bloodborne is done, if a remake/ remaster was going to happen it would have at least been announced by now.

I would imagine DLC for Elden Ring and work on Elden Ring 2 would be the main focus.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Elden Ring is gonna get at least a trilogy after those sales and the GOTY awards it's about to get. Or they could be like here's Ancient Necklace and publish it themselves since that seems to be something they want to do.

Spyxos

I really liked this game. I played it 2-3 times to completion, but can we just let it die now. This port begging is getting annoying.

Orpheum

Sony don't give a shit about bloodborne. It's done. I myself stopped believing in anything in regards to bloodborne, remake/remaster/sequel whatever

It was a one and done deal for sony.

Bloodborne is done, if a remake/ remaster was going to happen it would have at least been announced by now.

I would imagine DLC for Elden Ring and work on Elden Ring 2 would be the main focus.
Plus a new game that perhaps isn't a Souls-style, as well. Based off Miyazaki's comments over the summer about how From is huge now, and they're working on multiple things, including Elden Ring, but also something "we might not expect from them" or something to that effect.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...t-game-is-in-the-final-stages-of-development/

Either way, i'm down for more Elden Ring! I'm deliberately holding off on finishing the second half til they announce and release the DLC, then I'll dive right back in.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Sony don't give a shit about bloodborne. It's done. I myself stopped believing in anything in regards to bloodborne, remake/remaster/sequel whatever

It was a one and done deal for sony.
This is so upsetting. A Bloodborne remake wont bring a mountain of money to Sony we get that. But one thing it will do is shower Sony with a f#^**k ton of good will.

Jimbo doesnt seem to care about that, so F him and Hermen.

Also f#%^* Jeff Grubb for reminding of a BB remake.

Top Bottom