• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "More delays coming this week"

Great Hair

Banned
Elden Ring
Summer Reaction GIF

Far Cry has already gone gold so i think it's not that one. Kena will be released in 6 days, it think that's too late for a delay.
So i guess it's Elden Ring + Halo and both games will make some GAFers shed tears of sadness and joy at the same time.

Last edited:
seems elden ring the obvious choice. no way Halo can be delayed again. Avowed/Hellblade would be weird.
It could still be Halo, assuming MS had a change of heart about releasing the game without campaign coop and or forge. Though that too seems really doubtful. We're getting the next multiplayer technical preview in roughly a week and the campaign has been announced for December 8th. With the way Grubb says welcome to delay season I would make an educated guess it's not Halo, as Halo has been delayed plenty already. Everyone associates Infinite with delays, so why would Grubb say welcome to delay season for Infinite? I dunno, just seems unlikely. I would go with Elden Ring like you said or something else.

Last edited:
100% Halo. The rumors are mostly true. Game is still a mess.

That game needs more time in the oven. But can team Xbox afford it?

Also think Kena is not ready. I mean its there first game and a very ambitious one at that.
Only reason I don't think it's Kena is because they've been regularly counting down/announcing more stuff like subtitles an such all week lol, and so has the Epic Games Store:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Which companies care enough a finished game to warrant delaying it?

Activision and EA certainly don't, so I doubt BF2042 or COD get delayed.
Halo makes sense, but they took the PR hit by dropping co-op and Forge for launch. If the release itself was shaky, seems unlikely they'd have done that. However, they were prepared to pull the trigger on last year's mess, so who knows there?
Elden Ring also makes sense. Game feels like its being hidden at this point, there might be a reason for that.

If it's some obscure game no one gives a shit about - like Goodbye Volcano High - then Grubb needs to fuck off.

edit: rumbling of BF2042 are gaining traction. Maybe I was wrong about EA... or the game is in really bad shapre.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
To the surprise of no one. The industry is delays festival with ridiculous unrealistic release dates even before the pandemic so add that on top you get this. To be honest I expected worse.

That game needs more time in the oven. But can team Xbox afford it?
Why not? They still have Forza Horizon 5 for this year and Halo would be another big game for 2022 to compete with Aloy/GT/GOW and they would have the chance to release the game with all of it's features. With Game Pass and free multiplayer they are not that dependent on the christmas sales.

Which companies care enough a finished game to warrant delaying it?

Activision and EA certainly don't, so I doubt BF2042 or COD get delayed.
Halo makes sense, but they took the PR hit by dropping co-op and Forge for launch. If the release itself was shaky, seems unlikely they'd have done that. However, they were prepared to pull the trigger on last year's mess, so who knows there?
Elden Ring also makes sense. Game feels like its being hidden at this point, there might be a reason for that.

If it's some obscure game no one gives a shit about - like Goodbye Volcano High - then Grubb needs to fuck off.
I doubt Activision would ever even THINK about pushing a COD Back lol, but for what its worth the COD Vanguard beta got ripped by quite a few publications.

This IGN 'Beta Review/Impression' article went in pretty rough on it for example and they were 1 of many:

Of course the fans of COD could give a shit about what an outlet says, but I noticed those impressions rolling in pretty bad over the last 48 hours.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Why not? They still have Forza Horizon 5 for this year and Halo would be another big game for 2022 to compete with Aloy/GT/GOW and they would have the chance to release the game with all of it's features. With Game Pass and free multiplayer they are not that dependent on the christmas sales.
A racing game is very niche. Having that as the only must-buy exclusive since release of the series X in November last year would be a joke.

cormack12

Gold Member
Halo would be unlikely given they only just went into 'shutdown' mode. If there was a bug big enough to cause a delay it would have well been known before that point. Plus stripping out co-op etc makes it basically just a single campaign. Not ruling it out but just unlikely.

I hope its not Forza and cant see that given how much ganeplay they've shown. I doubt it will be any of the yearly franchises like cod/bf.

Im gonna go with Diablo II given the recent stuff at blizzard or Elden Ring

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
A racing game is very niche. Having that as the only must-buy exclusive since release of the series X in November last year would be a joke.
Well, to be fair, Halo Infinite was the laughing stock of the entire industry last year due to a very public delay. So, this wouldn't be the first time it's 343i's punchline.

DeaDPo0L84

Dying Light 2 delayed until 2/22, I could see New World getting delayed (again), Halo should get delayed but honestly I think Microsoft will force it out, BF2042 again I think EA will force it out, and FC6 just went gold so not really sure what else this year could get delayed but I'm sure I forgot something.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It’s gonna be Elden Ring or battlefield and thats gonna suck. I can’t see it being Halo, but that’s because I’m desperately wishing it’s not Halo. I really want to play that campaign.

Last edited:
Top Bottom