• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: State of Play coming soon "in a month or so, maybe sooner", PlayStation Showcase coming "likely before E3 time."

SSfox

I would think with VR launching, they may have a SoP for it or the like.
i-m-out-jimmy-fallon-cod8rq74yaq1xyoh.gif

Umbasaborne

Banned
Feels like all sony ever does is low key these days, like they actively dont want you to be excited about their line up these days

Feels like all sony ever does is low key these days, like they actively dont want you to be excited about their line up these days
Its still very early in the year. They probably don't see the point of talking about games that isn't going to be launched soon.

Also the first 6 months of this year is already packed with games they might want to hold back until around E3

tmlDan

I assume a focus on VR would make it low key according to Grubb but since i preordered im excited if thats the case lol

supernova8

Banned
Can understand the hit or miss, but he did nail nintendo direct last week. Or am I wrong on that?
He actually said "Nintendo Direct planned for the week of 6th Feb"

which could cover any day between 6th Feb and 13th Feb

Now let's look at previous Directs in February:

February 22, 2012
February 1, 2013
February 14, 2013
February 21, 2013
February 13, 2014
February 6, 2015
February 26, 2016
February 13, 2017
February 28, 2017
February 13, 2019
February 27, 2019
February 20, 2020
February 17, 2021
February 26, 2021
February 9, 2022
February 27, 2022
February 8, 2023

Realistically, it wasn't a massive stretch just looking at those dates alone, but if we look closer, we can see that generally Nintendo does Directs earlier in February when it hasn't done much/anything in the preceding December, but holds them later in February when they have had stuff in December.

The last thing they had was in late November 2022 so statistically it was more likely for them to have a Direct in early February 2023.

I'm not definitively saying he doesn't have any sources, some of leaks seem to be legit but it's equally plausible that his "sources" in this particular case didn't have any insider knowledge and just made the same calculations I've laid out here.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
My guesses for the June event

Spider-man 2
Factions 2
Uncharted 5
Bates (Game based on the movie Psycho)
Asobi's new IP
Pragmata
Deviation Game's new FPS
Firesprite's horror game
Alan Wake 2

A few new multiplatform IPs

Last edited:

Power Pro

Why do people keep listening to this idiot? He just throws shit at the wall, and hey, sometimes it might stick, but if it doesn't? who cares? he still gets paid.

Top Bottom