• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Sessions Is Growing ‘Pissed’ at Trump And He Doesn’t Plan to Quit

Permanently A

The sessions camp is misjudging the voter base - if they liked sessions before but Trump tells them sessions is bad, they won't like sessions any longer. The only person they stick by is Trump.

Alucrid

Banned
i can only hope that this story frustrates trump even more who then dials up attacking sessions and sessions gets even more pissed and it goes on and on and on until someone snaps

Speely

Banned
It's even more obvious that this administration is highly cancerous when it starts attacking itself so soon.

Unhealthy systems show symptoms.

Fake edit: that wasn't supposed to rhyme.

Don't know if there's a policy of linking/not-linking to breitbart but found this interesting. It's on their frontpage anyway so not hard to find

Not too fond of the god-emperor getting rid of Sessions it looks like.

Which really means Bannon is pissed off at Trump and doesn't want Sessions gone.

cdyhybrid

If people think he's just going to walk away from the opportunity to fuck over every black person in America they're crazy.

Eusis

The sessions camp is misjudging the voter base - if they liked sessions before but Trump tells them sessions is bad, they won't like sessions any longer. The only person they stick by is Trump.
It's about slow erosion here I'd think. That base will shrink because their preferred asshole is gone, even if a lot of other people still stand by Trump.

Of course, part of this is because Trump ALREADY alienated most people and at this point it's practically just delusional and/or die hard fans left.

Maxim726X

Fantastic.

He's going to make Trump fire him, which will absolutely create a shit storm.

Plus, Sessions is a prick. Everybody wins.

MightyKAC

C8OFd-GUAAAPjG4.jpg

Trump is so stupid.

He's trying to make Sessions quit, but the way he's insulting him publicly, if Sessions does quit, he's admitting that Trump is right about him.

So, Sessions can't quit out of sheer self-respect for himself and Trump can't fire him because it looks like another attempt at obstruction of justice.

Trump has created his own personal Catch-22.

And the timing is beautiful, because this is all happening as we learn more and more about Russia's money-laundering techniques through Trump-owned properties.

GOD I LOVE THIS!!!!

Fucking wish I brought popcorn to work with me today.

Therin

lol, once again, Trump is turning out to be the principal engineer of all his own problems. that 13th dimensional chess strategy damn.

I don't understand Trump. With everything that's going on, he should be trying to buddy up with every republican out there, not attack them for not standing by him at all times?

Does he really not understand why Sessions had to recuse himself? Is he really incapable of understanding why that happened? How can someone be this stupid? It's astounding.

Can't believe that I'm actually rooting for Sessions this time. Stay as long as you want.

I don't understand Trump. With everything that's going on, he should be trying to buddy up with every republican out there, not attack them for not standing by him at all times?

Does he really not understand why Sessions had to recuse himself? Is he really incapable of understanding why that happened? How can someone be this stupid? It's astounding.

He's an idiot, and wants everything to about "me, me, me". He has no friends.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Trump is so stupid.

He's trying to make Sessions quit, but the way he's insulting him publicly, if Sessions does quit, he's admitting that Trump is right about him.

So, Sessions can't quit out of sheer self-respect for himself and Trump can't fire him because it looks like another attempt at obstruction of justice.

Trump has created his own personal Catch-22.

And the timing is beautiful, because this is all happening as we learn more and more about Russia's money-laundering techniques through Trump-owned properties.

GOD I LOVE THIS!!!!

Fucking wish I brought popcorn to work with me today.

Go pick some up at the store, microwave it, make everybody in at the workplace smell it and/or hate you while you eat it.

I pondered this too, but the answer is unfortunately Trump is very stupid. "But but Hillary!" tells you that he doesn't even know who ran Hillary's investigation. But the person who's pushing for this is Mr. Benghazi, Jason Chaffetz. Chaffetz on Fox News has been pushing for Sessions to somehow prosecute Hillary because you know, AG can prosecute anyone willy nilly based on nothing. These cunts think they uncovered a vast murder conspiracy so they want her to pay, and I wouldnt be surprised deep down they believe Seth Rich and Pizzagate nonsense.

Mask

It's fantastic, Trump is bullying someone who won't quit and he can't fire him without pissing off most of the GOP. He's backed himself into a corner, and he probably won't back down on his bully tactics.

Let them fight while Mueller takes Trump and the Republicans apart, brick by treasonous brick.

Lev

Isn't it a given at this point that Trump is going to go ballistic, ignore all advice and fire Sessions? I don't think Trump is capable of a subtle solution to eliminating a perceived threat. He wants Mueller out and will take the most direct, brute force path to do it, because that shows how Alpha he is.

I do think that Sessions will be fired, but mainly because Trump is very desperate to bury the FBI investigation. Trump knows that the only way he can quickly get rid of it is by firing Sessions, then getting Rosenburg to do his bidding.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Sessions is just exemplary for how little Trump understands politics. In his previous job he could just get rid of people that worked for him. They are maybe pissed but they can't hurt him. In politics, you make enemies. Every person he pisses off will come back to haunt him, be it in votes (because guys like Sessions are well connected) or working with the authorities toward impeachment. You don't survive long in Washington DC if you make enemies left and right, you need people to work with.

Nothing makes me happier than a white supremacist like Sessions feeling even the slightest bit of strife. Hope he and Trump destroy one another. A feud where each tries their best to feed the other to the wolves and both get devoured.

Sessions needs to go and may be the only thing I remember Trumps presidency for

Gut them out of power and dont bother replacing them

Who wins in a fight between the Keebler elf and an orange turd? It would be a better match than Mayweather vs. McGregor.

My hope is that Trump fires him, Sessions goes right to Mueller and spills everything on Russia which would get Trump and his cabinet impeached.

Top Bottom