• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeopardy! apparently removed from PSN

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
So last night after being sated by the You Don't Know Jack demo on PS3 we decided to buy and download Jeopardy off the PSN.

ONLY IT IS NOT THERE ANYMORE.

What is the deal, Play Station?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PSN is saving you from a terrible cash in. Go buy YDKJ.

did you try searching for it with the search tool?

Doesn't even need to do that. "All titles->J->???->PROFIT!"

If it isn't listed there, and he can't find it by search, they've delisted it.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Yep, and checked in the list too. Nothing! I looked at a Youtube video with comments where the dude was like "yo whered u get dis" and the comment was like ON PSN DUMMY! And the guy was like IT AIN'T THERE!!!

That was from a month ago. If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around...

epmode

"This is why digital distribution is so horrible"

"But everyone who already owns the game can still download it even though it's no longer listed on PSN"

"SO HORRIBLE"

Gravijah

epmode said:
"This is why digital distribution is so horrible"

"But everyone who already owns the game can still download it even though it's no longer listed on PSN"

"SO HORRIBLE"

i agree w/ u

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I'm just sayin' I loaded up Jeopardy on the original Super NES to appease my guests and we laughed at the hideous digitized photo of Alex Trebek every time.

androvsky

Chances are SCEA doesn't even know it's missing. Even relatively major titles go poof every once in a while on PSN; it's a bit of a mess. Try sending SCEA an email or something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
lobdale said:
I'm just sayin' I loaded up Jeopardy on the original Super NES to appease my guests and we laughed at the hideous digitized photo of Alex Trebek every time.

I played the Genesis version

you could type in poop as your answer to the questions

lobdale said:
So last night after being sated by the You Don't Know Jack demo on PS3 we decided to buy and download Jeopardy off the PSN.

ONLY IT IS NOT THERE ANYMORE.

We don't fucking know, go ask Watson.

It's been gone for months, at least. I was at a friend's over the Christmas holiday and we were trying to find it because it just *had* to be on there, but it wasn't.

Grinchy

Banned
You Don't Know Jack is good?

Why do I always download the bad demos? I passed right over YDKJ but I do have the Crysis 2 MP demo which will only get to the Press Start menu.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
lobdale said:

SOE's license may have expired and not been renewed for whatever reason. Typically such licenses have 2 or 3 year initial terms, and it has been just over 2 years since it was released (Sep 2008).

Takao

Banned
Wario64 said:
Can anyone redownload the game if you bought it?

When they removed Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, I was able to download it again from my download list.

Mario said:
SOE's license may have expired and not been renewed for whatever reason. Typically such licenses have 2 or 3 year initial terms, and it has been just over 2 years since it was released (Sep 2008).

May be a side effect of SOE shifting hands from SPE to SCEA (SNEA?), since Sony Pictures actually owns Jeopardy.

Should be noted that Sony Picture's Jeopardy page still lists the PSN version, but SCEA's site doesn't.

sleepykyo

Honestly, forget about it. The pool of questions is so small that after a 20 minutes of playing, you'll have seen most, if not all of them. Also no Alex. It does have the ugliest (think Home avatars but even more replusive) characters I've seen in a while. Oh, and it doesn't play like Jeopardy.

Mindlog

I know 2 things.

Open Wheel Racing
Trivia

If you want fun a fun trivia game get YDKJ. This first new iteration has a few niggling issues, but it's still a cut above other trivia games. Great choice!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Takao said:
May be a side effect of SOE shifting hands from SPE to SCEA (SNEA?), since Sony Pictures actually owns Jeopardy.

Should be noted that Sony Picture's Jeopardy page still lists the PSN version, but SCEA's site doesn't.
I didn't know it was a Sony Pictures property. Seems strange they wouldn't roll the license if that is the issue. Though maybe a third party has picked it up and Sony thought they could monetize it better that way. Or maybe it is just down while they sort the paperwork (they did that with GripShift when that renewal came up).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
onken said:
This is probably Grace Chen's fault somehow.

Grace Chen accidentally deleted it.

Or probably deleted it to pave way for Chrono Cross, SaGa Frontier, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Einhander PSN.

Yusaku

Two observations:

1) You should give your money to YDKJ, not Jeopardy

2) SNES Family Feud makes a surprisingly good party game, it's so dated and ridiculous.

Top Bottom