• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
So what were Bish and CBOAT talking about then?

There definitely maybe some OS issues, etc. But- I doubt its some conspiracy coverup that will be revealed by some intrepid journalist, especially based off a few cryptic tweets that Sess said shouldn't worry Xbone owners.

get this 4chan nonsense out of here

the thread is going to be locked if we post such nonsense

EDIT: STOP QUOTING IT..... by having this thread locked means no more revelations for awhile

Joco

BXi_CJQCMAAHaVy.jpg:large

real or fake?

Yeah... no way in hell.

Oh boy, those Sessler and Gies tweets really mangled this thread. They're probably unrelated to everything anyway.

Hopefully thuway comes back and discusses what was hinted earlier.

Nerokis

LOL

If this is true, then my paranoia about the Kinect really being a data-gathering device for marketing purposes (and the NSA) was true!

OH GOD I hope this is true.

lol

Nah, too good to be true.

I find it incredible that 4chan nonsense about in-game advertising would apparently confirm your paranoia about the NSA.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. No one can see the difference between 720p and 1080p - We're talking about a minuscule difference in pixels. It's obvious what Microsoft were trying to do and they achieved it; create a gaming machine that is extremely versatile with the right performance for the market. The Playstation 4 is just expensive and decadent, like a giant phallus symbol just reaching into the heavens. Barely half of that 8GB GDDR5 is even available to the developers -- All show, no go!

I honestly can't believe the fuss being kicked up about this. Microsoft still have amazing technologies like Kinect and stuff. Xbox is a great brand these days and no one really cares about Sony anymore so no matter who has the bigger numbers, Xbox will be the victor.

I dont now where you come from but i can tell the diffrence just fine. The diffrence is not miniscule at all just watch any comparison between 720 and 1080.

Microsoft provided a media machine that does everything in their mind and nothing good. If there is anything that is last gen when it comes to TV it is cable. Still this is where Xbox pushes. In Sweden where I come from IPTV is becoming more and more of a standard. Watch every show you like any time you want to by streaming it through your broadband. I can watch anything I want as of now from a simpel app on my ps3, PC, iPhone or on my tv and without any DVR or other box. Soon everything will be transfered through the internet and PS4 as well as Xbone will support it but that will also remove the tv advantage the Xbox have outside US since no one will care about cable and other machines necessary to watch TV.

Still the ps4 is cheaper has better hardware and has better performance, price, launches earlier more or less all across the world.

Actually I think no one cares for Kinect anymore except casual moms/dads trying to find some reason to explain why they are lazy and fat to their husbands/wifes and how they will change their lifes through digital yoga... The sad part is they already tried that last gen and no one will "buy" it this time around. Like Wii fit.

While Microsoft has a lot up their sleeves like Windows 8, Office and other core services Xbox is such a small market for MS many shareholders wanna sell it. Playstation on the other hand is a core product for Sony and Kaz and they really have expectations as well as dependacy in it.

But also remeber that last time Xbox was cheaper, launched earlier, had easier hardware... etc.

This time around everything is in PS4 favorit. The number of preorders even in the US and UK where the 360 was strong is favoured to ps4, the performance, the price, tier one countries, developer friendly...

Eric WK

There definitely maybe some OS issues, etc. But- I doubt its some conspiracy coverup that will be revealed by some intrepid journalist, especially based off a few cryptic tweets that Sess said shouldn't worry Xbone owners.

Three people who certainly (or at least presumably) have knowledge regarding whatever this secret is (Sessler, Gies, Beers) have said that it isn't related to the Xbox One. I'm not sure why it's being discussed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom