• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So aside from PC, how did the Vita version end up being the best port?

Very awesome so far!
Stable framerate, native res, audio sounds better.

The greatest irony of all is that no one will ever know how good the second best port is.

Coconut

Banned
How does it compare to the 360 version?

It's much better. Seems like either Vita and PC are the versions to go with if you can. I'm actually surprised that the Vita version is so well done earlier in this thread when announced it was delayed I figured that was the nail in the coffin that it was going to be the worst of all the ports. I was wrong.

OMG

THIS PORT IS SOOO GOOD

Definitely the definitive version for me (don't have a gaming PC)

+ Sound is better (or at least sounds like it)
+ Vita analogs are more responsive
+ Look speed seems faster/more responsive
+ Boosting with R feels much better than boosting with R2 on the Dualshock3
+ Load times are quick!
+ Native Res
+ SHAAAARP ....like my eyes are bleeding (O__o)

So yeah, bought this game twice now (PSN and now Vita) and definitely prefer this version

On a side note, I don't know quite how to get the touch based spraying down. Are you supposed to mimic the analog prompts or what?

Fuck I want more ports like this.

Skyzard

Banned
^ I agree with everything....except it has ALSO crashed about 5 times today ;) Still loving it...on chapter 3 now.

--this was due to a corrupt download!

iavi

AgentOtaku said:
OMG

THIS PORT IS SOOO GOOD
On a side note, I don't know quite how to get the touch based spraying down. Are you supposed to mimic the analog prompts or what?

Fuck I want more ports like this.

Basically. I found the gesture recognition to be a bit sketchy (leading me to get caught few times) but when it works, it feels REALLY good. I actually wish they allowed the back touch to be used instead.

---

Overall, the Vita port is fantastic. The game shines on the OLED, as expected, though there are a few issues--clipping geometry( if I said that right) and the finicky gesture recognition. Add me to the crew that never thought this'd be the second best port, but it is. The 360 and PS3 versions probably could have used a delay themselves.

Basically. I found the gesture recognition to be a bit sketchy (leading me to get caught few times) but when it works, it feels REALLY good. I actually wish they allowed the back touch to be used instead.

So do you just mimic the arrow directions?

Vita version: So this is weird but once the first tutorial mission starts the options screen keeps opening and I'll close it and the options screen opens again it continues without end.

I had the same problem, not just for the tutorial mission, but for New Game as well.

I restarted my Vita entirely, tried again, all good so far.

Skyzard

Banned
Got this on PC when it came out, love almost everything but now I can only select those awful chase missions ._.

If you keep playing others become available...some of the chases were a pain yep! Quite close timing but they don't always take the shortest route...or slow down during some parts of it..

iavi

Ran into a weird bug on the PC version: with Fraps enabled it wants to only run at 15fps max.

And that has to be because of Fraps because that's the only change I made to my PC in the span of it working to 5 minutes later-it not.

Ran into a weird bug on the PC version: with Fraps enabled it wants to only run at 15fps max.

And that has to be because of Fraps because that's the only change I made to my PC in the span of it working to 5 minutes later-it not.

Are you sure your copy of Fraps isn't set to 15fps? When recording, Fraps will force whatever program it is capturing video of to run at the specified framerate.

iavi

Yep, I'm certain. It's set to 60.

I turn fraps off and the game runs as good as ever, so I'm not all that affected. Still, something for ulme and the rest of blit to note, I guess.

Ran rp

VITA Custom sprays are very welcome and even if a bit messy to make it work it supports transparent .PNG!

I agree.

image.php

RpgN

So I've been getting more into the game and would like to have some questions answered:

1. You can't redo story missions to get jet ranks? Are you forced to do great on your first try or on new game plus?

2. I know characters are brought over to new game plus, but does that also apply to your scores and the graffiti you find in the game? Basically, will all your progress get brought over?

Are Blit going to patch the framerate bug on PC? Sucks to have to restart my PC just to not have the game running in the single digits when it feels like it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are Blit going to patch the framerate bug on PC? Sucks to have to restart my PC just to not have the game running in the single digits when it feels like it.

Do you have to do it every single time? Everyone I know that was affected just had to restart once.

Do you have to do it every single time? Everyone I know that was affected just had to restart once.
I don't have to do it every time, it's just something that happens occasionally but it's happened more than once after initial install. I haven't been able to tell what triggers it but once it does nothing fixes it except for restarting. Just kind of annoying to do. :p

Does anyone know if "Reps" ever recorded any songs other than "'Bout the City"? I really like the track, but can't find anything on them while Googling.

I picked this up two days ago for $5 on Steam. Really great game. I really enjoyed the documentary too.

soultron

Banned
Own PC version already, but bought the Android version for my GS3 today.

Touch controls aren't terrible, but the game is rife with bugs. Zfighting everywhere. The sound (music?) control in the options menu actually mutes all SFX if you crank it to 100.

The worst is that you can't navigate the Garage or Character Select screens. Meaning you can't save your game. (edit: never mind, the game saves for you. I still can't navigate any screens in the garage.)

Kind of embarrassing. The game also looks quite jaggerific on my GS3.

Edit2: you have to swipe left and right in the Garage to change screens or select different characters. Fuck me I hate touch screen gaming.

Cool thing is that you can import graffiti from your gallery. Can even use PNGs for their transparency settings.

Still, this game is kinda gross looking on my phone. Lots of pop in, horrendous z-fighting at distances, and no AA. I expected better since I have one of the "better" phones on the market. I would've paid way more for a good mobile port.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The game looks great and runs well on my iPhone 5. It's not a perfect port, but there's not much I can complain about visually. The controls are pretty hard to get used to though. I'm not much for touch screen-only gaming in the first place, but I HAD to buy JSR. Turning and doing some of the graffiti tag motions just doesn't work all that well. Still didn't have all that much trouble completing the tutorials and clearing the first stage though. But I'm not even gonna try to get those graffiti souls in this port, lol.

Re-posting from the questions thread:

I've been replaying Jet Set Radio, and I finished the game with a Jet ranking on every level, and Graffiti/Technique/Crush challenges. I unlocked Poison Jam, Love Shockers, Noise Tanks, and Goji. Also I got the "When You're a Jet" achievement, showing that I did indeed Jet rank every level. However, it seems I still haven't unlocked Pots the Dog.

What gives?

Any help?

Ulme

The game has been updated to v1.01 on PS3 & Vita:

- Improved performance (Both versions)
- Fixed game freezes after long play sessions (Vita)
- Drawing distance has been doubled (Vita)
- Shorter loading times (Both versions)
- Fixed several little visual and performance issues (Both versions)
- Now it's possible to repeat a level just after clearing it (Both versions)
- Improved image import, solving errors and adding more compatible image formats.
- Saves can now be shared between PS3 and Vita, including progress and scores. Only on the first save slot, thou.

:)

Top Bottom