• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD Trailer

SykoTech

They definitely need to get Deavid Soul though. Miller Ball Breakers is perhaps my favorite song in the game. Extremely happy to hear Naganuma and Vader are in (and BB Rights of course), but I will still rage like no tomorrow if there's no Deavid Soul.

Ridley327

Really weird that they'd specifically mention Naganuma's music in that blurb; seeing as he's an employee at Sega, I would have expected them to have those songs at the very, very least.

It's nice to see them making the effort to make the soundtrack as complete as they possibly can, especially with how much of a pain in the ass it is to re-license Japanese music.

To me the most essential tracks are Magical Girl, 'Bout the City, Miller Ball Breakers, and obviously anything in Jet Set Medley. I'll be depressed if anything is missing though. But please, please have 'Bout the City and Deavid Soul.

godfree

Neo Member
Jet Set Radio HD Soundtrack Confirmed - Exclusive Tracklist

via Discovery Channel Latin America

http://translate.google.com/transla...ery.com/noticias/2012/03/danny-pena-sega.html

Exclusive Tracklist: Jet Set Radio HD
Sega sent these exclusive tracklist of some the line-up of music for this version of Jet Set Radio HD. They’re still trying to hunt down the people who hold the licenses of these tracks. The original record labels no longer exist, artists aren’t performing anymore, etc. Stay tuned to “Yo Soy Danny Pena” for more updates about this game.

They still have the graffiti editor too.

As long as we're dreaming, they also need to re-tune the controls. Playing it on a 360, the crazy dash/crazy drifts feel off by a fair bit.

agreed. also, no force feedback support sucks too (in b4 "bububut the DC version didn't have it anywasy" the arcade version did)

I never understand the appeal of JSR. Wouldn't this be best left alone and only remembered? It will never live give the same experience as when it came out.

Ivan 3414

Jet Set Radio Future is my favorite game ever.

I never played the original, but it will be one of the few games I buy "Day 1".

Birthday Cake was amazing anyways.

It's totally perfect for JSRF. Before I couldn't stand that song the first time I played it, but when I gave it another shot more recently, I totally realized that the song was integral to the OST.

Wish I could say the same for the rock tracks, though I kinda did like the Dragula remix on JSRF.

iavi

I'm only going by this

Solidsnakex posted it on the last page. Not sure if that qualifies as a big deal or not. I was in for the PC version though but if it's missing content that is on the consoles, I may have to reconsider.

Leaving the PC out was probably unintended.

----

Joystiq said:
Jet Set Radio's bold, cartoonish aesthetic benefits immensely from the higher resolution, 16:9 display and 60 frames-per-second output. Oh, and there's one more thing you didn't have before: a second analogue stick to steer the camera!

S: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/13/jet-set-radio-hd-retains-us-version-content-half-of-original-tr/

So...60fps confirmed?

No........ They've removed Deavid Soul - Up-Set Attack? Fml

Not confirmed as they're trying to track down all of the original license holders.

Still, if any Deavid Soul is not in this... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I'll definitely be sad at the missing tracks that I feel are part of the definitive JSR experience.

Christian

The JoyStiq article makes it seem like the Deavid Soul tracks aren't going to make it in, but it's also possible the writer didn't realize how significant those are to the overall soundtrack and didn't feel it was necessary to mention them by name. Fingers am cross-ed.

*Edit* - Hm, 50% retained or 80%, as mentioned in the Segabits article... What to believe? If it's 80%, the Deavid Soul stuff is definitely still in, I'd think. Removing all the NA and European music has to account for 20%, or thereabouts. 60 FPS, 16:9, HD, the music that matters, and with MS upping XBLA games to 400 points/30 achievements, this could seriously be a dream come true.

FreeMufasa

It's totally perfect for JSRF. Before I couldn't stand that song the first time I played it, but when I gave it another shot more recently, I totally realized that the song was integral to the OST.

Wish I could say the same for the rock tracks, though I kinda did like the Dragula remix on JSRF.

Same for me too and it made me stop playing twice. I used to dread whenever the song started up, I just couldn't understand that type of music. Played it a few years later with my bros and I remember telling them of an awful track. It started playing then lol and I liked it. Got me hooked on Cibo Matto.

Helloooooooooo Allisoooooooooooon

Tain

Huge crow eating on my end, if so! I still feel like I need to see it for myself, but I guess that if the porting team went through the effort of adding right stick camera, they can go through the effort of updating all the timing-dependent stuff. It's an instant purchase, if true.

LiquidMetal14 said:
It better be considering this is a last gen game based on a slightly older engine.
Anteater said:
Yeah, game is like 12 years old, I'll be incredibly sad and be even more jaded if it's not.

It's entirely a matter of effort, not power.

Huge crow eating on my end, if so! I still feel like I need to see it for myself, but I guess that if the porting team went through the effort of adding right stick camera, they can go through the effort of updating all the timing-dependent stuff. It's an instant purchase, if true.

It's entirely a matter of effort, not power.

I always assumed it would be 60fps until I read your posts. Thanks for the unnecessary anguish.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Uh, that article suggests they've only got about half the music tracks, and the way they word it sounds like they're not getting anymore than that. :/
Considering they're pushing off the release until summer, it's possible the hold-up has more to do with securing rights for the music, than anything else.

jet-set-radio_2012_03bfzcg.jpg

US/De La Cube. Would be nice if they let you choose between her original or US look with a button code:
Dppcs.png

I wonder if you'll be able to use the maskless Poison Jam that was only in De La (the Japanese version of the US update)?

You know, Sega could be devious, and sell "Graffiti Pack" DLC in lieu of allowing us to import images.

I just fucking knew there were going to be problems with the music licenses. Goddammit, Sega. You talk about a company that can't get anything right anymore.

I just fucking knew there were going to be problems with the music licenses. Goddammit, Sega. You talk about a company that can't get anything right anymore.

The problem with the licenses is the fact that many of the original holders at the time are not/do not own the rights anymore. So it's a matter of tracking down those holders now.

Would it have been in their best interests to have kept tabs on the rights from the get-go? Probably, but who's to say that they hadn't from the beginning.

Reminder: Jet Set Radio came out close to 12 years ago.

"Port this game to other consoles? Why the hell would we wanna do that? We've got our own system."

EYEL1NER

What have they done wrong? They have a majority of songs and are working on trying to get the rest. Sounds like they are doing something right. Especially when you compare their efforts to the efforts of Activision on the Tony Hawk HD game.

When we have a final song list, go ahead and complain, but right now, for all you know, we could get the full original soundtrack.

Top Bottom