• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden confirms 343 has another Halo Project outside of Halo Infinite

Romulus

I also wanted a halo mp to be like planetside 2., but more polished. Massive scale with vehicles and the ability to go anywhere on the ring to take control points.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I'd gues a fully fledged BR, but you would think that would just be added to the MP.
I wouldnt of thought it would be anything like ODST, or story related, as when would they of had the time to work on it lol?, they just got an extra year to polish up Infinite and make it as good as it can be.

Akhawi

Banned
Seriously, just give 343i a break from Halo and let them make something completely different for once and let Id Software have their shot at the Halo franchise.

jigglet

Banned
Good job you're not in charge, what exactly do you call bringing in Joe Staten? It's already been done pal and the game is releasing very soon.

Yes I wouldn't do well if I were in charge, no doubt about that. But do you really think one guy is all that studio needs?

Yes I wouldn't do well if I were in charge, no doubt about that. But do you really think one guy is all that studio needs?
Well look at the massive improvement and the very positive previews, Staten is an incredibly clever guy and he was involved in one of the worst development cycles ever with Halo 2. If you've not seen the documentary on that games development it makes Infinite look like a walk in the Park.

jigglet

Banned
Well look at the massive improvement and the very positive previews, Staten is an incredibly clever guy and he was involved in one of the worst development cycles ever with Halo 2. If you've not seen the documentary on that games development it makes Infinite look like a walk in the Park.

I work in this industry. I get it's hard, more than most people here.

I also think HI is fucking brilliant so I'm not here to shit on your parade. I just think something has gone sour along the way and 1 man is not enough to correct the ship for the next outing.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Joseph Staten only joined in August last year. As per 343i the game was already "content complete" last year.

Leyasu

Banned
After all this dev time they are about to release a Halo game without coop, with MP that could well be the current maps and no more, plus a battle pass system with obviously no team yet working on the following seasons, so they have had to limit xp in the hope that they stay for the grind. But with all that, they apparently have another project on the go.....? Nothing surprises me those clowns at 343

cormack12

Gold Member
Chess with Craig

tumblr_n7fzw5FZ581qd9rjto1_400.gifv

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Seriously, just give 343i a break from Halo and let them make something completely different for once and let Id Software have their shot at the Halo franchise.
That won't feel like a Halo game at all.
I'm not sure the point you're trying to make? What's being content complete have to do with shipping a game in a polished state?
You make it sound like Staten completely rebooted this project and Infinite is his baby.

oldergamer

I think people need to stop thinking they know whats best or going on at 343 without having a clue where the issues really are or have been.

Papacheeks

Banned

A lot of the game was already done/built when joe came on. All he did was get it to ship through better project management.

He also helped create a better road map for them to complete aspects of the game. Hence no co-op at launch.

I think the talking point is they went through 2 leads. One shipped halo 5 which also had issues.
I agree with Jiggs. They need to finish halo infinite feature wise before even trying to make something. Unless this project is joes.

but point still stands. The fact this game is technically coming in pieces shows all the issues 343 has had.

That won't feel like a Halo game at all.

You make it sound like Staten completely rebooted this project and Infinite is his baby.
Where did I make it sound like that? He took what they had and made big decisions on what to cut to get it out the door, I'm certainly not taking anything away from the entire 343 team.

Fredrik

I’d love a 3rd person squad based shooter like gears of war. Give us all the halo 5 advanced movement and people can’t complain that it’s in the main halo.
Third person like Gears, or tactical like Gears Tactics, or side-scrolling like Metroid Dread. Another first person Halo isn’t needed, they can fit all that within Infinite.

A lot of the game was already done/built when joe came on. All he did was get it to ship through better project management.

He also helped create a better road map for them to complete aspects of the game. Hence no co-op at launch.

I think the talking point is they went through 2 leads. One shipped halo 5 which also had issues.
I agree with Jiggs. They need to finish halo infinite feature wise before even trying to make something. Unless this project is joes.

but point still stands. The fact this game is technically coming in pieces shows all the issues 343 has had.
I don't see the "coming in pieces" narrative, it's a full MP game and SP campaign launching together. Yes some staples of the franchise are missing at launch but what is there is looking to be excellent and polished.

One of the dumbest takes I’ve seen in a while. The people at 343 are passionate about halo. You work there because you love halo. Infinite mp is proof these guys know what they are doing and respect what halo is. The campaign is also shaping up to be special from the previews.

oldergamer

One of the dumbest takes I’ve seen in a while. The people at 343 are passionate about halo. You work there because you love halo. Infinite mp is proof these guys know what they are doing and respect what halo is. The campaign is also shaping up to be special from the previews.
This! Fully agree with you.

oldergamer

It could be another game set in the halo universe but not involving master chief. They could make a game about what happened to the forerunners. They should expand the alien races in the universe imo

Wimbledon

Halo RPG thats what id like to see. Something similar to Dragon age or KOTAR in a way. Where it takes place on the outer rim where people hate the UNSC , where planets are still being glassed by fringe factions of what's left of the covenent and outer colonies are still at war with one another.

In fact it would be cool if the setting was something similar to below

iu

Like id like to see some alien mixture colony like some old prophet on the streets still preaching the great journey and some people are listening and other people aren't. Grunts are climbing over each other and stealing stuff off the merchants, nearby. You got other aliens that we haven't seen in games like the Yonhet who were like merchants and their selling rare technologies sharing information if you have the money. There are human mercenaries selling drugs etc, and Jackal pirates who are taking advantage. Like it should all take place on that one planet and your someone from the UNSC trying to solve something there.

Naked Lunch

The Halo universe is too vast to have only 1 mainline game every 5 years or so.

343 got shit on when they introduced new characters and took attention away from Master Chief in Halo 5 - but maybe a Halo RPG would allow these other characters' stories to be told. The Halo Universe is much larger than just the Chief.

Akhawi

Banned

Dumb take? Variation is both a human need and desire and is also just a basic logical approach for projects like this. They might be passionate about Halo, but at the end of the day they mainly work there because they have bills to pay and a family to feed.

I never said anything about the quality of Infinite's MP or Campaign, so don't jump to conclusions.

Fact is most of these people would probably love to work on other old and/or new franchises and genres to mix things up and not just dedicate their entire work life to one single franchise forever, because repetition is going to burn people out eventually and is neither good for the franchise or the people working on it.

I love Halo, but If it was the only game I was allowed to play I would get burnt out of it quickly and end up hating it sooner rather than later, and If you enjoy doing the same repetitive stuff day in and day out for multiple years or even decades then you're in the minority and something is probably wrong with you.

I used Id Software as a example because they are some of the best in the industry at making first person shooters both in gameplay and world building (even better than 343i) and I would love to see their take and vision on the Halo franchise while 343 got a break to try something different for once.

Think before you type you fucking idiot.

Top Bottom