• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan and Playstation must be sued for misleading PS5 buyer

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I’m glad they’re coming to the PC. I play them first on the console, enjoy my time with them, unlock some trophies that I am interested in, then down the road I can mess around with them on my PC with glorious mods.

In almost 40 years of gaming for me, I see this as a win/win!

Last edited:

jhjfss

Pc Gaming GIF by CORSAIR
Computer Pc GIF by weSpark
Pc Gaming GIF by Nfortec

draliko

I'm sincerely ashamed that some of you have the rights to vote... so you like skiing because your friends can't go skiing, you tell them everyday it's wonderful, fun, the greatest experience of all and when finally they get to go too you start crying and stomping your feet because it's not fair and now skiing sucks cause your friends can go too... you sure are dumb...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm sincerely ashamed that some of you have the rights to vote... so you like skiing because your friends can't go skiing, you tell them everyday it's wonderful, fun, the greatest experience of all and when finally they get to go too you start crying and stomping your feet because it's not fair and now skiing sucks cause your friends can go too... you sure are dumb...
The skier's counter argument is he's been skiing for a long time where he's paid lots of money to the ski hill over the years. So anyone who is new and hasnt been a cash cow for the hill isn't worthy to ski at the same spot.

Members only.

And if the ski hill accepts new members so more people can ski, they feel like shit as if they are entitled and own the ski hill themselves when in fact a company owns it.

"We call the shots over management decisions"

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So if every Sony first party game ever made ports to PC except Lair, Hurst's statement about putting minds at ease is technically correct.

Got to give Hurst credit for making a statement that gives him an out.
Yep. these are professional businessmen after all. They fired Shu for a reason. He was too pure for Jim Ryan.

Very similar to what Phil Spencer said way back in 2016 when they first started porting Xbox games to a then very critical xbox fanbase.

"The argument people give me is that 'hey, I'm just going to sell my Xbox One and play all these games on my PC'. I get the emotion around that argument. Frankly, from a financial standpoint, the most cost-effective way to play these games is to own an Xbox One," Spencer said in an interview with IGN. "We're committed to bringing our biggest franchises to both Xbox and Windows, but it doesn't necessarily mean that every game could end up on both platforms. There could be many differences in the play space and how the games play."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/50898/xbox-one-game-coming-pc-phil-spencer/index.html

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yep. these are professional businessmen after all. They fired Shu for a reason. He was too pure for Jim Ryan.

Very similar to what Phil Spencer said way back in 2016 when they first started porting Xbox games to a then very critical xbox fanbase.

"The argument people give me is that 'hey, I'm just going to sell my Xbox One and play all these games on my PC'. I get the emotion around that argument. Frankly, from a financial standpoint, the most cost-effective way to play these games is to own an Xbox One," Spencer said in an interview with IGN. "We're committed to bringing our biggest franchises to both Xbox and Windows, but it doesn't necessarily mean that every game could end up on both platforms. There could be many differences in the play space and how the games play."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/50898/xbox-one-game-coming-pc-phil-spencer/index.html
He's technically right. Rare Replay is on Xbox One, and Age of Empires is on PC. Aside from a handful of games, I think just about all MS games are Xbox/PC. Looks like Hurst copied him.

It's amazing how Spencer and Hurst can make a statement just a few sentences long, which combine getting cross plat gamers interested, but as well as trying to keep ecosystem warriors happy.

He's technically right. Rare Replay is on Xbox One, and Age of Empires is on PC. Aside from a handful of games, I think just about all MS games are Xbox/PC. Looks like Hurst copied him.

It's amazing how Spencer and Hurst can make a statement just a few sentences long, which combine getting cross plat gamers interested, but as well as trying to keep ecosystem warriors happy.
I think Sony fanboys are prone to be more salty since PC gaming = more money for MS since the OS is most likely going to be Windows

For Xbox owners, I don’t think they mind as much knowing that more people playing on PC = more money for MS

SSfox

So now we now who is the inspiration source of Hermen Hulst, what a shame, a guy just about money without Principles.

Fox Mulder

I honestly dont care what games come out on pc. I don’t and probably never will play games on pc.

They can squeeze maybe like another million sales out of an old game like Spider-Man on PC.

Last edited:

John Wick

No i was getting PS5 for the idea of getting PS5 exclusive game like god of war, horizon, spiderman etc

It was their tagline remember? They made us think we can only get those game on playstation

If i know those game were coming to PC, i wont need to buy PS5 in the first place

This is not being stupid

This is about sony being disingenious and dishonest with their customer
Only a Sith would speak in absolutes!

BlackTron

It's a fair point to say that you spent money on something based on statements that were not true. Technically, Sony's statements were not true!

However. This isn't really a situation where anyone got duped into buying a bad product and lost money because of it. For example if you bought an Ouya based on some claim and were left with a paperweight you can't do anything with.

You can easily resell your PS5 for more than MSRP. So, if you want to reverse your purchasing decision, you can simply sell it and then thank Sony's lie for the yield on your investment.

Wohc

Banned
No i was getting PS5 for the idea of getting PS5 exclusive game like god of war, horizon, spiderman etc

It was their tagline remember? They made us think we can only get those game on playstation

If i know those game were coming to PC, i wont need to buy PS5 in the first place

This is not being stupid

This is about sony being disingenious and dishonest with their customer
I still don't get it. Are you pissed that you bought a PlayStation instead of a pc? Then i have some good news: You can sell your PS5 with a profit and pcs became much cheaper since 2020.

Kilau

Gold Member
Don't be an era mod pls. This is what this forum is about. Talking about video games and if people need to get banned, then let it be so, but let the man speak.
You only had to read a few more posts to see I explained it was the nature of recent posts.

Veiled threats and pictures of torture victims.

I didn’t report anyone or “play mod”.

Putting this shit show on ignore now.

PhaseJump

Banned
Why should I want to buy a PS5? Why is that important? Why should I not just laugh at the hysterical losers like the warriors in this thread who continuously want people to be forced into buying a console they don't need? Sony wants money. I'll give them money on PC and play games at a lesser or superior performance level depending on which PC I am using.

Gate keeping behind an ugly piece of shit hardware box (Seriously. PS5 is stupid big and ugly) makes absolutely no sense, especially when it's out of stock. I'm not going to go pick up a fugly appliance to run games that I already have capable equipment for. Even if you stockpile hoarded games on it, the one or two I might want, will be better served as a product sold to PC gamers. Sony's games aren't that important to everybody out there, and buying into their hardware ecosystem has been a huge fucking nuisance in the past. Consoles are a baseline entry point, not some delusional premium experience due to exclusion.

A lot of the big brained hardware crybaby shit flingers need to touch grass. Getting the games on PC is a good thing, more convenient and something to be celebrated since it helps feed the corporate machine you dumbasses think is your best friend, despite them forcing you to buy a console you apparently feel "betrayed" by now.

mejin

Don't be an era mod pls. This is what this forum is about. Talking about video games and if people need to get banned, then let it be so, but let the man speak.

Haha this only works when it's really free to talk about anything.

I doubt a thread about Phil would be allowed in GAF lol

Last edited:

Soosa

Banned
scenario 1:
Game launch on PS5 + PC on the same time window = it is more likely that PS5 version is negatively affected because of PC version (shared resources, not closed system and so on)

Scenario 2:
Game launches only on PS5, then years later it is ported to PC = it is less likely, that PC version affects PS5 version at all.

Develop for ps5+pc in the same time is different thing than develop it for ps5 and then port to pc later.

As long as it stays at scenario 2, it should not matter to console only gamers. It is just a plus, if it gives more money to devs to make more console games.

On worst case scenario 1 is like dying light 2, it looks like early ps4 game on consoles.

I still don't get it. Are you pissed that you bought a PlayStation instead of a pc? Then i have some good news: You can sell your PS5 with a profit and pcs became much cheaper since 2020.
Absolutely yes, but that doesn't make the "only on playstation" tagline any less misleading and ridiculous at this point.

WolfusFh

Being dishonest with gamer customers is ok now is it?

Have some self-respect. Sony lied and need to be held accountable.
The tag wasn't "only on playstation forever". It was only on playstation at the time the games were released.

Pretty sure if I buy "the fastest car ever made", I can't sue them 5 years later because "hey, how come my car isn't the fastest anymore?".

Not to mention how much of a loser you have to be to get pissed about such things. Not surprised since this was a popular take during the release of God of War 4 on PC, but still.

Last edited:

WolfusFh

Can the OP actually provide a good reason for why it’s a bad thing these games eventually end up on PC? Like, a decent, intelligent, reasonable opinion for why it’s detrimental to his enjoyment of the games on a console?
Well his feelings will be hurt because he felt really good when the games were exclusive, but now any PC guy can play them, so it's like Sony is cheating on him, you know? Isn't it like the same thing as your spouse cheating on you in a gigantic orgy?

Oh, I'm sorry. You said "intelligent reasonable opinion" not "nonsensical childish garbage". Then never mind, OP got nothing.

By the way, the "spouse cheating comparison" was a genuine argument in an old thread, I just added the orgy thing to make it more ridiculous.

reksveks

scenario 1:
Game launch on PS5 + PC on the same time window = it is more likely that PS5 version is negatively affected because of PC version (shared resources, not closed system and so on)

Scenario 2:
Game launches only on PS5, then years later it is ported to PC = it is less likely, that PC version affects PS5 version at all.

Develop for ps5+pc in the same time is different thing than develop it for ps5 and then port to pc later.

As long as it stays at scenario 2, it should not matter to console only gamers. It is just a plus, if it gives more money to devs to make more console games.

On worst case scenario 1 is like dying light 2, it looks like early ps4 game on consoles.
What about one year? 18 months? Does that effect thing?

Trying to figure out where people think the line is.

It's an interesting question

REDRZA MWS

Stay tune for PS State of Play....for PC game news !

UKCPcZQ.jpg

What happened to “Only on Playstation”? Why would they even go with that tagline in the first place? Exclusives do not matter?! Or is that not true?

Why not port them to Xbox? Because it’s the competition. They assume PC isn’t, or won’t be in x number of years.

Sony trained us over x number of years to believe exclusives do matter. It was really only 1 year ago that “Only on Playstation” was the tagline they were running with. Now we are to forget about it and go along with what they want to promote next. Just because I guess.

I’m going to say something most won’t like. But I respect Xbox’s transparency way more than Sony’s at this point.

For third party games, like Forspoken for example. Sony loves to be transparent. They’ll put fine print at the bottom “limited exclusive for x months”.

But for their own first party games which we now know are also timed exclusives, there is no such disclaimer. It’s disingenuous and they’re taking us for a fucking ride.

Remember when we all thought HFW was a PS5 only game? I do. They weren’t transparent about that either.

^
“IT IS TIME TO GIVE THE PLAYSTATION COMMUNITY SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING DIFFERENT, THAT CAN REALLY ONLY BE ENJOYED ON PS5.”

Jim Ryan

images
You are a tool. Sony is in the business of making PROFITS. With said profits, they keep making great games and great PlayStation consoles. What do you care if some of those games are available on PC? You own a PS console? You enjoy it? Play it and be fucking happy.

Airbus Jr

Banned
You are a tool. Sony is in the business of making PROFITS. With said profits, they keep making great games and great PlayStation consoles. What do you care if some of those games are available on PC? You own a PS console? You enjoy it? Play it and be fucking happy.
Why are you being rude and harassing other users?

What sony and jim ryan said back then and todays policy didnt match

You can check Jim Ryan statement in that article it didnt match his action now

The subject of this discusion isnt about how much profit sony can made but about the confusing statement from jim ryan regarding sony first party game

Prove me wrong have a nice day

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Why are you being rude and harassing me?

What sony and jim ryan said back than and todays policy didnt match

You can check Jim Ryan statement in that article it didnt match todays action

Prove me wrong have a nice day
I’m asking why you care? Can you play all ps exclusives in all their glory on your current ps console? And if so, and you want Sony to keep making those games and consoles, why do you care if they make more profits by making their great games available on pc? The question is how does this effect you personally and why do you care so much?

Airbus Jr

Banned
I’m asking why you care? Can you play all ps exclusives in all their glory on your current ps console? And if so, and you want Sony to keep making those games and consoles, why do you care if they make more profits by making their great games available on pc? The question is how does this effect you personally and why do you care so much?
That was not the question and you still didnt answer my question

My question is if what Jim Ryan said was an obvious dissinformation and misleading statement towards playstation 5 consumers

Any insults or mockery such as console warring, eat salt you ps gamer why is it matter to you if it comes to pc you salty fanboy etc or any derigatory words didnt correlate to this discusion and are edging closer to whataboutism. I was merely questioning the statement from jim ryan as the head leader of sony and his words which didnt match his action.

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

I think Sony realize that PC market bare no real impact on Console sales, certainly didn't stop Microsoft from selling Xboxes. It's just good business.
As long as they don't launch their games day-one on PC, I don't think this should impact the PlayStation Brand at all.

OZ9000

Banned
I’m glad they’re coming to the PC. I play them first on the console, enjoy my time with them, unlock some trophies that I am interested in, then down the road I can mess around with them on my PC with glorious mods.

In almosy 40 years of gaming for me, I see this as a win/win!
Modding is literally the best reason to play games on PC.

Can't be fucked grinding to unlock cool shit? No problemo.

odhiex

If you wanted to sue Jimbo, better due it fast cause Sony said that half of it's new releases will be on PC and Mobile by 2025.

Top Bottom