• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan lost the Mandate of Heaven and must be removed ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroll

Currently there is no point in having a PS5. After all the hype has vanished people started realizing that it looks half baked compared to what M$ is offering with the SX+GP. Plus, the pc ports and MLB day 1 on GP was too much.
Well, that depends, doesn't it? There is currently no reason to own a series x if you can buy a cheaper xbox one anywhere. It right now gets all those game pass games - including MLB the Show. There isn't anything you NEED a series x to actually play right now.

I say this as someone that owns a Series X and a PS5. I play them both, but the same argument really exists for both. Neither are essential to play new games. But it sure is nice seeing 4K and mostly locked 60 in games. The 120 stuff was blown out of proportion, and any mention of 8k is just marketing BS.

I'm nobody

New low for Xbox fans all this bs and embarrassing if it's any Sony fans it's MLB FFS I'd I'd understand if it was the last of us or god of war

Some of you need to get a better life instead of creating topics that are not going to gain anything but laughed at

After trying to get someone fired or demoted
Ps5 is the fastest selling console ever without many games at the moment so someone doing there job right

The world is becoming noting like a family of Victor meldrews moan moan moan moan moan moan cry Fing moan go get a new hobby FFS

Some games deserves to be mp and if ms wants to give it away on game pass be fucking happy for you getting it so cheap Sony still gets money as dose ms win fucking win

I'll bitch when I see ms has last of us series on game pass till then yipp fucking pee

PhaseJump

Banned
I'll never buy a PS5, since it's a monstrously ugly piece of shit that makes noise, backed up by a company that cut me off as a customer from my established PSN library in different ways over the years. Being a Vita, PS3, and PS4 owner has been inconvenient to say the least, and always overshadowed by hubris of the most toxic fanbase alive due to being the most popular.

I am on PC and Xbox more than anywhere else now. I will buy a new GPU or a Series X when Fable shows up.

If Microsoft acquires Sega, I will buy into it immediately.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
They are salty cuz they can no longer make fun of xbox for not having " exclusives" when the games launch on pc and xbox. PlayStation is a follower with no real innovative ideas to move their platform forward
My brain hurts from reading this.
Currently there is no point in having a PS5. After all the hype has vanished people started realizing that it looks half baked compared to what M$ is offering with the SX+GP. Plus, the pc ports and MLB day 1 on GP was too much.
I can’t use gamepass on the PC because it crashes

you need to go outside and take a really deep breath!

quest

Not Banned from OT
If you think this guy and Mattrick did a bad job, what do you think of Spencer, seven years in to the role?

A man who launched a console generation with ZERO console exclusives, a first in the four decades since the console industry began.
Wow astrobot with the best studios in the world that is the best he can do? Souls I could play on the ps3 and Spiderman on the ps4. Ryan took over a juggernaut from house and crew he has a job anyone here could do. Buy some studios and let the best first party studios in the world do their thing.

Alright

Banned
Wow astrobot with the best studios in the world that is the best he can do? Souls I could play on the ps3 and Spiderman on the ps4. Ryan took over a juggernaut from house and crew he has a job anyone here could do. Buy some studios and let the best first party studios in the world do their thing.
Is this a joke? How long has Jim been in the job?

How long has Spencer been in the job?

How many exclusives, regardless of excuses, did Microsoft launch this gen with?

How many did Sony launch with?

What's the Sony line up looking like this year and next (covid delays aside)?

When's Microsofts next console exclusive?

It's pretty obvious that there's double standards going on here and not just with you, but the media and the industry.

Villifying one man who has only seen success in this time at the helm VS a lying fucking scumbag, is one thing I'll never understand

and as a true, proper, xbox fan, seeing sycophants praise more and more and more failures, makes my green blood boil.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
While Sony are resting on their laurels and doing the things they claimed they wouldn't.

Cross gen first party games won't cut it in 2022.
It's the game industry cyclical model of Success/Arrogance that I've mentioned in other threads. Sony is coming off record profits in their gaming division and have grown complacent and arrogant, bottom line. It happened with Microsoft coming off the Xbox 360 and their Kinect bullshit. It happened with Nintendo coming off the success of the Wii with the disastrous and strange Wii U. It happened with Sony coming off the success of PS2 with the hilariously overpriced and internally obtuse PS3.

Only when these companies are backed into a corner do they push more towards humility and strive forward with open eyes.

Would Xbox Series X/GamePass/Back Compat/Studio Acquisition have happened if not for the disaster of the Xbox One era? Probably not. We'd all be playing Kinectimals 5 on our Kinect EXTREMES with mandatory NFL commercials every 30 seconds.

Would Switch have ever happened if not for the disaster of the Wii U?

Would PS4 have been so incredibly well conceived and delivered if not for the extremely rough start to the PS3 as a result of the blinding arrogance of Sony during that time?

You'd think these companies would learn from history.... it's some weird shit.

Last edited:

Keihart

if it isn't Jimbo's fault it's Hermen Hulst fault, but whoever it's making the shit moves it's really making an effort to scare away players to other platforms, it's just about time now really. Just wait for this cross gen games to be announced on PC too and then that's it, why even buy a PS5 anymore? it's not like the PS5 it's the console with the better OS features or like your old library it's worth that much since it can get axed at any moment and doesn't get improvements either...games are even more expensive. Sound like a joke, but what's left? the PS logo it's worth that much to anybody? But sure, let's save judgement until the last nail in the coffin, let's wait for GoW Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West to be cross gen and come to PC, i guess then we will be able to call doom and gloom, not a moment before.

It really only takes the effort to remove Playstation's dick out of your mouth to see the direction the ship is going.
interview oc GIF

Last edited:

Hugare

Those 5 guys who bought Gravity Rush are really upset with Jim Ryan, huh?

Numbers will tell if he is doing a good job or not. And from what I can tell, the numbers on Sony side are pretty damn good rn.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
PS5 has just been released and is selling incredibly well, which will be making the Sony top brass and share holders incredibly happy.

Also, we haven't seen what Sony have up their sleeves for the coming years. They might buy out some more studios, revamp PS Now to make it like GP, announce some killer IPs and so on.

These hot takes are getting out of control.

Unknown?

I'll never buy a PS5, since it's a monstrously ugly piece of shit that makes noise, backed up by a company that cut me off as a customer from my established PSN library in different ways over the years. Being a Vita, PS3, and PS4 owner has been inconvenient to say the least, and always overshadowed by hubris of the most toxic fanbase alive due to being the most popular.

I am on PC and Xbox more than anywhere else now. I will buy a new GPU or a Series X when Fable shows up.

If Microsoft acquires Sega, I will buy into it immediately.
You lie. Why the heck would you have an Xbox if you have PC?

PlayStation Fan's really deserve Jim Ryan and Jim Ryan is doing a great Job for Microsoft and Nintendo!

I really hope Jim Ryan will always be the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment :)

• LOL
Reactions: M16

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It's the game industry cyclical model of Success/Arrogance that I've mentioned in other threads. Sony is coming off record profits in their gaming division and have grown complacent and arrogant, bottom line. It happened with Microsoft coming off the Xbox 360 and their Kinect bullshit. It happened with Nintendo coming off the success of the Wii with the disastrous and strange Wii U. It happened with Sony coming off the success of PS2 with the hilariously overpriced and internally obtuse PS3.

Only when these companies are backed into a corner do they push more towards humility and strive forward with open eyes.

Would Xbox Series X/GamePass/Back Compat/Studio Acquisition have happened if not for the disaster of the Xbox One era? Probably not. We'd all be playing Kinectimals 5 on our Kinect EXTREMES with mandatory NFL commercials every 30 seconds.

Would Switch have ever happened if not for the disaster of the Wii U?

Would PS4 have been so incredibly well conceived and delivered if not for the extremely rough start to the PS3 as a result of the blinding arrogance of Sony during that time?

You'd think these companies would learn from history.... it's some weird shit.

This has been proven true. Although MLB The Show Day 1 on Game Pass is hardly the same caliber of screwup the Xbox One reveal/launch was.

I feel like Xbox Series X/S is going to be incredibly successful this generation, regardless of what the SonyBros think or say. It makes me dread what fuckery will come with the next generation of Xbox.

PhaseJump

Banned
You lie. Why the heck would you have an Xbox if you have PC?

pnzJTq3.gif

Stupid question.

To play the 600 or so Xbox games I own whenever I feel like it. I have an Xbox One or One X on every TV in my house. The same can be said for PCs. I have 8 PCs kicking around, 4 of them built for gaming, and thousands of games on the stores there.

I'm an adult with money.

Last edited:

matty3092

I'm genuinely confused here are all these threads being made to satirise the original one a couple days ago or is this for real?

Im sure big Jim is crying reading all these threads about him. Cant deny xbox is bringing the heat. Its gonna be exclusive game v exclusive game.

decisions

It is amazing how obvious it is that we are seeing the pendulum swing back to arrogant, stupid Sony. It's clear as day and the only people who don't see the problem seem to be the executives at Sony.

I'm a huge Playstation fan, but there's a real possibility that this generation sees the total downfall of Playstation. If they screw up really hard (as it seems they are doing), and then a big tech company like Apple really tries to make a push into gaming (as it seems they are doing), then Sony will have made room and have their spot taken. It's not a certainty at this point, but it's a real possibility at this point.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
Mattrick single handedly lost microsoft the last gen and they are just now recovering, despite all the goodwill from the 360 years. His fuckup was so monumental that all SONY had to do was NOT fuckup to give them an almost insurmountable lead. Nobody has even approached Mattrick levels of incompetence yet.

Rayderism

Is it just me, or does Jim Ryan look like he could be Gordon Ramsay's brother?

I know one thing, Jim is making people want to swear like Gordon.

tommycronin

Banned
Don fucked up xbox one before it was out the gate. The PS5 is long out and Sony don't care you already bought the console. What are you gonna do protest something you already bought? It's no worse than that boycot mw2 until dedicated servers meme.

Reactions: MrS

SSfox

Hey people, you need to relax a bit. See:

ImgW.ashx

MS didn't even put their logo there like here:

MLB-The-Show-21.jpeg

It's a fucking baseball game, a sport game and MLB saw that it should be multiplat which makes sense. Grow up, people.
This, nobody gives a fuck about this game, people are worry about the wrong reasons.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
If that's how things should be done, then Sony should've fired Shuhei Yoshida more than a decade ago after he killed Eight Days and Getaway while downsizing London Studio, and especially after the treatment he gave to Demon's Souls by deciding not to publish it in the West.

Yeah, those were some of the first decisions your beloved Shuhei made when appointed as head of Worldwide Studios.
Well, PS3 was a disaster in every way after all. You want the PS5 to be Jimbo's disaster so he can learn from his mistakes and rise like a phoenix with the PS6?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This, nobody gives a fuck about this game, people are worry about the wrong reasons.

PS4 games? Getting some last minute money out of them and getting more exposure is a smart thing before they get dusted with last gen. PS5 games? Can't see that happening.

Overall, I'm not sure if they are making enough money on PC to justify those ports anyway, would rather scrap that potential money and let them die as exclusives. But is it something to worry about? Nope. If you think that Sony isn't seeing all what's happening then you're wrong. They're treading carefully, trust me.

Reactions: MrS

SSfox

PS4 games? Getting some last minute money out of them and getting more exposure is a smart thing before they get dusted with last gen. PS5 games? Can't see that happening.

Overall, I'm not sure if they are making enough money on PC to justify those ports anyway, would rather scrap that potential money and let them die as exclusives. But is it something to worry about? Nope. If you think that Sony isn't seeing all what's happening then you're wrong. They're treading carefully, trust me.
PC releases if it continue will for sure hurt playstation consoles sales.

I think you should be worrie bro, because in the long run they will end up like MS releasing day by day PS exclusives to PC, Hermen already lied at first saying that it will be just Horizon coming to PC, 3 months later it's dayz gone and they confirm more exclusive to come PC, what's gonna be next step? well that's obvious i think isn't?

Now someone can argue that it's not gonna happen, but how can somebody trust Jimbo and Hermen that are already proven to big some of the biggest liars and that lied more than once already.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PC releases if it continue will for sure hurt playstation consoles sales.

I think you should be worrie bro, because in the long run they will end up like MS releasing day by day PS exclusives to PC, Hermen already lied at first saying that it will be just Horizon coming to PC, 3 months later it's dayz gone and they confirm more exclusive to come PC, what's gonna be next step? well that's obvious i think isn't?

Now someone ca argue that it's not gonna happen, but how can somebody trust Jimbo and Hermen that are already proven to big some of the biggest liars and that lied more than once already.

I honestly think Sony should be "Japanize" a bit. Japanese CEO's tend to have more pride about their products, not just money. But with crazy revenue that means better and bigger budget for even better games, so why not? I personally won't worry until I see PS5 games go to PC, which I highly doubt.

Last edited:

SSfox

I honestly think Sony should be "Japanize" a bit. Japanese CEO's tend to have more pride about their products, not just money. But with crazy revenue that means better and bigger budget for even better games, so why not? I personally won't worry until I see PS5 games go to PC, which I highly doubt.
I hope you're right that PS5 games won't come to PC, but i think it will at some point happen by the look of it and PS5 games will end up on PC, and i think it's already plan by Jimbo and Hermen, this would also explain why Epic ceos where sucking Sony's dick since months. I could be right... or wrong, we'll see.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I hope you're right that PS5 games won't come to PC, we'll see but i think it will at some point happen by the look of it and PS5 will end up on PC, and i think it's already plan by Jimbo and Hermen, this would also explain why Epic ceos where sucking Sony's dick since months.

I can see PS5 games could come as well in a later date, when sales are stale on PS5. Should that be done? I think they shouldn't but the future is unknown. What's known now is PlayStation has just made a fucking $25B revenue, this will only mean good and more exclusives to be made. Sony been overly generous lately, but the only thing that's bad is the $70/80euros pricetag if that's gonna be only done by Sony as Xbox still has no games to compare to but crossgen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom