• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: "[Microsoft is] a tech giant with a long history of dominating industries, the choices gamers have today will disappear"

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
kYVtOyG.png
Dance Dancing GIF

the_master

But on the other hand, it does exclude Sony's userbase, which means that they will not be able to participate, and that can be seen as sacrificing one for all, instead of all for one and one for all.
It is not about the ps userbase, it is bout Sony or Nintendo (or Microsoft) disappearing, and all the gmes that would have been made. And all the games that would have been made in response to or to gain a better userbase.

When Sega disappeared (thanks, Sony). Thousands of games where never made. Sure Sega makes games still, but it is not the same.

the_master

Nah, Sega didn't need any help in dynamiting their own business, they did a pretty good job at it all by themselves.

This is not true, like at all.
If Sony had not been spending so much paying off magazines and spreading so many lies about the ps2 and the Dreamcast, Sega would have had a much longer life. We could say the same about buying third party exclusives.
Sony made a great console without making any game themselves.

squarealex

Also Jim Ryan "players only have 1 platform choice to play FF7 Rebirth and FF16"

Loving this thing

People : Yeah no, PlayStation need exclusivity, because they have no games. You really think I'm buying your consoles with 2 games?

Also People : NOOOOOOOOOOO. WHY IS EXCLUSIVE? LET ME BUY ON MY CONSOLE / PC! IS ANTI-CONSUMMERS. LET THE CHOICE FOR PLAYERS

This is not true, like at all.
If Sony had not been spending so much paying off magazines and spreading so many lies about the ps2 and the Dreamcast, Sega would have had a much longer life. We could say the same about buying third party exclusives.
Sony made a great console without making any game themselves.
Hahaha and you actually believe this nonsense? As great as Dreamcast was, nobody gave a shit about it. The hype for PS2 was on another level.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Loving this thing

People : Yeah no, PlayStation need exclusivity, because they have no games. You really think I'm buying your consoles with 2 games?

Also People : NOOOOOOOOOOO. WHY IS EXCLUSIVE? LET ME BUY ON MY CONSOLE / PC! IS ANTI-CONSUMMERS. LET THE CHOICE FOR PLAYERS
The new narrative is that it's not Sony's fault that Square Enix agreed to make FF exclusive.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Loving this thing

I ain’t the one saying Xbox will limit players choice here.

Maybe I'm going through a phase or something, but everytime I peek into a thread like this these days, I can't help but hope that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all go bankrupt and exit the industry, leaving only the "little" ones to continue to compete. This medium needs a reset, and it's not because of the games - the creativity and all that is there. It's the platform holders and hardware, distribution channels etc. holding it back. We're all taken hostage watching how these three battle it out who becomes the one and only quasi monopoly of video games. It sucks.

Eotheod

People know how old this thread is right? Also, couldn't the same arguments be cherry picked from Sony's history or offerings? With a broad enough net you could catch a few developers, publishers and makers with this same sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom