• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: "We will make sure the PlayStation 5 generation has more exclusive software than ever before

EDMIX

You do know Japan Studios literally brought the idea of Bloodborne to Miyazaki right?

It was a collaboration between the two studios. There is a reason why their name appears before From Software in the Bloodborne trailers.

And I never said that it was ALL Japan Studios. I said they had a huge part developing those games and considering the creative director of the bluepoint remakes was a guy from Japan Studios, its fair to say that.

Yet...they went to Miyazaki, they couldn't do it themselves.... they literally went to ANOTHER TEAM to tell them the idea they clearly could not pull off themselves. So I don't know what cool points you think Sony Japan is getting by that. Bluepoint games has been making successful remakes and remasters without those teams, they can continue to make them without those teams.

At this point, your only arguing point is "day helped doe"

kyussman

At the end of the day owning both Xbox and PlayStation is going to be the way to go this gen.....both are going to have lots of great "exclusives" I think.
Anyone refusing to invest in both for silly fanboy reasons is going to have a hard time and miss lots of great stuff.....and I say that as someone who has been PlayStation only for the last two gens.Xbox have given me plenty of reasons to finally invest in their platform now and I expect PlayStation to continue their great run of exclusive games from last gen.
I don't have a next gen console yet as there ain't enough reasons(and I can't find one available anyway),but sometime in the next 12 months I'll own both and am looking forward to it!

Fake

What do you mean how?

Gonna draw to you.

26NLMpq.png

D_NQ_NP_726097-MLB31719120259_082019-O.webp

71T8n4n6ftL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

'Today an exclusive, tomorrow is another story'.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Why did he say "Software" instead of "Games". Software includes different types of media. Need clarification.

It's to keep the dumpster fire like this thread alive.

M a r k e t I n g baby

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I have faith.

The only thing that concerns me about Sony is their emphasis on Naughty Dog. I know it's dumb of me to say that cause Naughty Dog is successful but god their games just bore me to no end. I'm so over the melodramatic ham fisted type story telling approach. Just not the type of stuff I seek out when I play games.

Insomniac (for years) and Sucker Punch (recently) seem much better suited to be the studios that Sony really focuses on. That's a total fan perspective though.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
It's to keep the dumpster fire like this thread alive.

M a r k e t I n g baby
I think Sony is gonna come with the heat, I'd even argue will happen earlier and more often than Microsoft. Just weird he wouldn't be more specific.

Bro what??? Lets see what they actually produce!? Haha

when hasnt Sony delivered? From the end of ps3 Era to all of the Ps4 Gen Sony has always invested in Unique and new projects.
There is no doubt they wont do the same this gen.
You just Part of this Narrative of hating on Sony and Jim ryan.
Jim Ryan has business moves to make might not be Consumer friendly but that doesnt Change how Sony delivers its games to there Consumers

worry about MS Delivering games and Managing them. So far they have Only showed US they can buy Studios
Worry about Microsoft are you and the usual suspects aware of how many first party studios Microsoft have compared to Sony? 12, Xbox has 22. In what reality will Sony deliver more exclusive games than Microsoft? I'll tell you where only in your fanboy mind.

Worry about Microsoft are you and the usual suspects aware of how many first party studios Microsoft have compared to Sony? 12, Xbox has 22. In what reality will Sony deliver more exclusive games than Microsoft? I'll tell you where only in your fanboy mind.

When did this become a competition of who can make more exclusive games?

MagnesG

Banned
We will have, within a couple months, a next gen only line up of:

ratchet and clank
Demons souls
Astro bots
Kena
Returnal

While the Xbox will have

The medium (soon to be on ps5)

What are y’all on about?
Absolutely hilarious, where did I even mention Xbox in my post? Just top-tier fanboy reply right here, even including already released Demon's Souls and Astro Bots into the conversation out of nowhere.

FritzJ92

Not true. The amount of money hating Sony is doing to secure 3rd party multiplats as exclusive means they can do that by spending more money. I don’t really see Microsoft aggressively trying to secure 3rd party multiplat unless the dev needs some financing

DrAspirino

Banned
Last edited:
Not true. The amount of money hating Sony is doing to secure 3rd party multiplats as exclusive means they can do that by spending more money. I don’t really see Microsoft aggressively trying to secure 3rd party multiplat unless the dev needs some financing
Yes its true, what you're saying isn't true, or at best speculation.

yurinka

I agree with you the history of crossgen has been magnified by the media and on the forums. But it always works like this, for everyone. Especially when a message is unclear to your userbase.
His message was very clear: he was talking about wanting PS5 games supporting the new features of the console, and that they will continue supporting PS4 for a while.

He never said anything about crossgen games. This was an invent of clickbaity media, haters and fanboys. It's not his fault that people made out things and twist his words.

Really? More THAN EVER BEFORE?

Come on... don't make me laugh. Seems like jimbo didn't even know his company's own history.

Category: PlayStation 2-only games - Wikipedia (483 games...try upping that).

They already did it with PS4, being less years in the market than PS2 already has more exclusive games than PS2 had:
https://www.gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

And on its first months PS5 already had more exclusive games than PS4 had on the same period. They also have exclusives than both Nintendo and Microsoft, so you can go to laugh somewhere else.

https://www.gematsu.com/exclusives/ps5

Last edited:

DrAspirino

Banned
His message was very clear: he was talking about wanting PS5 games supporting the new features of the console, and that they will continue supporting PS4 for a while.

He never said anything about crossgen games. This was an invent of clickbaity media, haters and fanboys. It's not his fault that people made out things and twist his words.

They already did it with PS4, being less years in the market than PS2 already has more exclusive games than PS2 had:
https://www.gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

And on its first months PS5 already had more exclusive games than PS4 had on the same period. They also have exclusives than both Nintendo and Microsoft, so you can go to laugh somewhere else.

https://www.gematsu.com/exclusives/ps5
Sorry. Using the same metric (which is the Wikipedia list), there are only 67 PS4-exclusive games. While 67 is indeed a considerable amount, you can't compare PS2 amount of exclusives vs PS4. You simply can't. Those were Sony's golden years.

Renozokii

Absolutely hilarious, where did I even mention Xbox in my post? Just top-tier fanboy reply right here, even including already released Demon's Souls and Astro Bots into the conversation out of nowhere.
Compare the same list to the ps4s first few months then. Why wouldn’t I include next gen only games for the ps5 even if they are already released? They no longer count?

SoraNoKuni

Sony is killing it, but that doesn't make any clickbait articles and gaming "journalists" must get a paycheck to live.

I hope returnal will shut some mouths while people make clickbait articles about how great Microsoft is this gen, when they haven't released anything to justify their next gen consoles existence.

Astral Dog

They still have PoDi and Astro team, but they need more, Playstation has always been the console of Japanese games, it's quite shame that now they have less japanese studio than Nintendo and soon Microsoft will catch them if it will continue this way.

They let Ueda go, close Japan Studio, but did nothing at counter part, didn't build any new japanese studio, neither acquired one, while they had many opportunities, like Koji Prod or Platinium.
That would be almost impossible, Nintendo is mostly japanese developers, they barely have any presence in the west and some of the ones they had like Retro are mia.

Sony has an advantage over them in the west, while having control over Final Fantasy and most AAA japanese games they are a more global brand.

Platinum Games don't want to be acquired thats why they separated from Capcom in the first place.

MagnesG

Banned
Compare the same list to the ps4s first few months then. Why wouldn’t I include next gen only games for the ps5 even if they are already released? They no longer count?
It's not even that, I'm just quoting what jimbo had been preaching (we believe in generations) as PR as soon as Xbox released their statement of crossgen games would stay for years.

It had nothing to do whether or not the current lineup is solid or not, personally even with that list I'm not even on board. Only returnal I'm midly interested in, surely after sales.

SSfox

That would be almost impossible, Nintendo is mostly japanese developers, they barely have any presence in the west and some of the ones they had like Retro are mia.

Sony has an advantage over them in the west, while having control over Final Fantasy and most AAA japanese games they are a more global brand.

Platinum Games don't want to be acquired thats why they separated from Capcom in the first place.
Nothing is impossible my friend, nothing, as long as you have the passion in your soul nothing is impossible.

If they can't aquire Platinium, Koji Prod or Fromsoft, then make a deal with them and finance some games.

Krizalidx11

Banned
Nothing beats gaming for cheap

Here's an exclusive game for 70+$ and here's game pass with tons of free games for 10$ a month on average

Jim lives in the old PS3 days where exclusives sold hardware, good luck beating Gamepass and cross-play between XSX/Switch

Smoke6

First off, the frequency of studios output far outshines that of all them studios MS has! You’ll be lucky to get two games from those studios this gen!

man y’all smoking for reals! Y’all had nothing this year and still don’t!

Jim Ryan is out there collection all the hot exclusives!

AstonishingScrawnyCormorant-size_restricted.gif
Gravity Rush
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Knack
Knack 2
Astrobot

And they had a huge hand in making:
Bloodborne
Demon Souls Remake
SoTC Remake
The first Gravity Rush should be in the second list not between the ones Japan Studios directly made. It has been published on PsVita in 2012, 2 years before the Ps4 generation started, and its conversion for Ps4 has been developed by BluePoint, mailing It more similar to SotC then the TLG

And cross-gen PS4 games. Remember "we believe in generations'?
And they do believe in generations...what if they make some cross-gen games? They still have the most console exclusive games by far this gen and shortly will have released 3 Triple-A PS5 exclusive games : Demon's Souls, Returnal and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. That's three next-gen-only high budget games for a console that is in very high demand a suffering from serious shortages of materials. You expect them to do bad business and don't sell some of their games on PS4? You people would run a business into shit in a matter of days if you were in charge...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Gonna draw to you.

26NLMpq.png

D_NQ_NP_726097-MLB31719120259_082019-O.webp

71T8n4n6ftL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

'Today an exclusive, tomorrow is another story'.
yeah but I think people who are hyped and want to buy the game will do so on ps5, rather than waiting for pc release 1 year. If it happens same day? sure

Nickolaidas

Essentially “We’ll try to validate your wounded sense of self-worth by making sure no one else will be allowed to touch your favorite toys” and adult people are actually cheering for this sort of bullshit.

Are they actually making new and exciting stuff worth anticipating? Who knows. What really matters is that they are making it EXCLUSIVE. Be it even just by moneyhatting pre-established productions.
Where's that citizen kane clapping gif when I need one?

Top Bottom