• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling is being threatened by Digital Homicide devs with doxxing

wtf this is that same guy from the interview where he was trying to get jim to say something nice about the gun sounds?

Yep, that's the one. Asked like 100 loaded questions and Jim bit on zero of them.

They still exist sort of, as you can see it's not updated as much though - https://twitter.com/gafshitposts

Kind of a weird Twitter considering that almost all of those posts linked are either banned users or posts that were called out by others. It's like it exists just to say, "Hey look, there's a few shitty people on this website, and they're generally not tolerated lol!"

He's posting peoples real names bases on there online alias for his fanbase to attack, just like the fake steam reviews and all the other brigading

you know doxxing

You can't doxx using known names? like their names have cropped up before in their interview with him and on twitter.

Perhaps they should apply this level of effort into making a half-way serviceable game instead of putting their energies into this nonsense.

So... uh, for those of us just tuning in: What the hell is going on? Why the beef? Why the threat to doxx?

Not only are they spewing out tonnes of 'games' (using pre-bought assets in a completely incohesive manner) but they also go under different names and also using other developer's names. It is a complete shitshow of affairs.

Edit: I also forgot to add that they coined this:

Jim Fucking Sterling Son.

Edit 2:

These guys are absolute scum. I hope their revenues have dried up after Steam started offering refunds.

If there's any good that came out of them, it's that reading up on the whole shitstorm they started directly led to me instantly becoming a fan of Jim. They really need a reality check because their stunts only help Jim in the end.

That is the thing. How in the name of all that is sane do they make money from this? The reviews for the games are truly terrible. Do people have unlimited money that they can throw at these 'games' and not care about the quality?

Elandyll

Banned
Why would the DH numbnuts go ahead and poke the bear again?

Only logical thing I can think about is that they believe any publicity is good publicity, and they want Jim to talk about them?

Or more likely they have huge psych issues. Or both.

GG guys you just ruined your reputation for acting like idiots.

They didn't have a reputation to ruin.

How the hell did it ever get this far anyway? DH is fucking stupid.

They're quite clearly complete morons. They make shitty games which are thrown together in weeks, they get offended that Jim has given them a lot of coverage pointing out how poor their games are and they'd rather blame him or try to fuck with him than actually spend their time making better games. The whole thing has long since devolved into obsession territory, and they demonstrated that they clearly don't understand the role of a critic. As I said before, I imagine the Steam Refunds thing has probably hit them harder than most, and their instinct is to probably blame Jim.

What insecure little shits. Jim Fucking Sterling Son can ridicule my game all day and I'd be happy as shit he even acknowledged it exists.

What shitfuckery from these tryhards.

I have to imagine that asset flipping actually has reasonably high profit margins. How much do Unity asset packs cost?

From the stuff I have seen covered on Jim's channel it seems quite cheap: $40-60 is a price I see quite often. Some 'developers' take a Unity asset pack and actually bung it back onto Steam with no changes.

hesido

You can be a psychopath and be anything... Hitler stirred up shit as one and a politician to boot.

UVp3wzY.jpg

Thank you for the support. I was pretty creeped out last night, I've woken up this morning and more fucking *angry* than anything else. Angry at the sheer incompetent cowardice, the insulting belief this would scare me into silence. Just...

They better pray I don't get a concrete connection between this blog and whoever they are. I will see to it the legal system crushes them into dust.

I don't have solid proof it's Digital Homicide yet, which is why I've chosen my words carefully. I know DH was behind the "Jim Flips The Bird" Tumblr because the twitter associated with that blog (now deleted) exposed itself as one of DH's sockpuppet companies. The fact this blog is written in the exact same style and is positioned as a "sequel" to that previous blog points entirely to DH, but I would never act without solid proof.

As soon as I get that, there will be a reckoning.

For the guy saying I'm "doxxing" Digital Homicide, no. They exposed *themselves* as the ones behind the original anonymous attacks on me, and as far as using their real names go, it's a matter of public information. I never used their names until *they* started using their names. At this point, it's like naming Dan Paladin when talking The Behemoth. It's not hidden info that the individual has forbidden the use of.

Wikipedia has deigned to add an entire subchapter on the Digital Homicide saga if you would like to know more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Sterling#Digital_Homicide

Thank you again, guys. I'm not very happy, but this thread cheered me up.

Thank you for the support. I was pretty creeped out last night, I've woken up this morning and more fucking *angry* than anything else. Angry at the sheer incompetent cowardice, the insulting belief this would scare me into silence. Just...

They better pray I don't get a concrete connection between this blog and whoever they are. I will see to it the legal system crushes them into dust.

I don't have solid proof it's Digital Homicide yet, which is why I've chosen my words carefully. I know DH was behind the "Jim Flips The Bird" Tumblr because the twitter associated with that blog (now deleted) exposed itself as one of DH's sockpuppet companies. The fact this blog is written in the exact same style and is positioned as a "sequel" to that previous blog points entirely to DH, but I would never act without solid proof.

For the guy saying I'm "doxxing" Digital Homicide, no. They exposed *themselves* as the ones behind the original anonymous attacks on me, and as far as using their real names go, it's a matter of public information. I never used their names until *they* started using their names. At this point, it's like naming Dan Paladin when talking The Behemoth. It's not hidden info that the individual has forbidden the use of.

Wikipedia has deigned to add an entire subchapter on the Digital Homicide saga if you would like to know more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Sterling#Digital_Homicide

We got your back, Jim.

gogogow

Watched the interview with that DH guy. I made it to the 38 minute mark and couldn't go on. That guy doesn't understand the difference between criticizing a game and a person and keep accusing Jim Sterling fucking up his financials. Nooooooo....it has nothing to do with the game being bad.....not at all.....

That DH guy was also using that "can you code, are you a dev" argument....lol. So moviecritics can't give their opinion about a movie, because they are not directors and never made a movie?

They don't understand by doing this petty doxxing that they are only making Jim Sterling stronger.

Everything they make is utter shit, all of it looks and plays like it belongs in a Commodore 64 bargain bin.

Perhaps they should focus their efforts on improving their skills at, you know, "making games", instead of harassing people who call their games out as what they are -- ie shit.

Or they could just fuck off and never bother the world again.

Zakalwe

Banned
I know that. That's why I was proposing to make this further differntiation between indipendent developers, to distinguish between those who run there business professionally and those who don't. I never made any assumptions about quality or budget of their product. But the fact the financing of the development is self organized removes the entry barrier to become a game developer.

The term indipendent (e.g movie, band, or in this case gamedev) is usually used to differentiate oneself from the mainstream industry, where a few players have a huge influence over what gets made and what not. But compared to becoming a developer in a classical publisher - dev relationship, becoming an indipendent game developer has much lower entry barriers. As the classical developer has to enter a relationship with an established publisher, which will require a certain level of professionalism from the the developer, as an assurance to do proper business.

For indipendent developers this assurances doesn't exists. So while it is safe to assume that all classical developers exhibit a certain level of professionalism, we cannot say the same about indipendent developers. And this why I propose to distiniguish, on an linguistic level, between the indipendent developers who operate by a professional code of conduct, and those who don't.

Or you could use common sense and Realise that every genre or category contains varying degrees of quality, and the extreme lows and highs are exceptions.

BibiMaghoo

These people are so fucking thick I cannot even grasp how they think they are not. How they somehow believe they are one-upping an internet celeb as a pair of nobodies that make shit games.

Mountains of cocaine. It is the only explanation I can think of.

Lamptramp

[..snip..]

I must admit to fearing things may escalate into more personal attacks and obsession after hearing just how divorced from reality/good sense DH seemed in that "Interview", much less their behaviour since.

Stay safe Jim, get your proof and go after these clowns.

Audioboxer

<3

KORNdoggy

They claim they can find his address from one image of a generic neighborhood (okay what state he lives in is public knowledge). Color me skeptical they actually have his address

Regardless though, real threat or bluster, fucking disgusting. Assholes

some people seem to forget their phones have location data attached to them...sometimes by default. so it's not difficult to pinpoint someones address if they're stupid. lol

Yep, that's the one. Asked like 100 loaded questions and Jim bit on zero of them.

Kind of a weird Twitter considering that almost all of those posts linked are either banned users or posts that were called out by others. It's like it exists just to say, "Hey look, there's a few shitty people on this website, and they're generally not tolerated lol!"

Gaf shit posts hit the zenith during the run up to the x1 and ps4 release where the account just posted links to posts favorable to the Xbox, and fanboys ate it up.

Outrun

Stay safe mate.

Randam

Guys, you habe to give us more context.

What game is this about? In which video did he talk about it?

Edit: just saw the link to jim's wiki page.
Should be add to the OP.

Top Bottom