• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimquisition: When Jim Sterling Was Sued For $10 Million By Digital Homicide

L~A

I am the videogame critic they tried to sue for $10 million.

I've kept relatively quiet for almost a year while a spurious and disgusting libel lawsuit was spuriously filed in an attempt to disrupt my life.

Now I get to talk.

Link to the video!

A long-awaited episode, that even got to be uploaded several hours earlier than usual. Features shorest FucKonami segment ever, too.

tsundoku

I was wondering why the settlement didnt include Digi Homi paying his legal fees. Never thought he'd make a video for big XXXposure and Media Coverage and some ad rev.

Smart

An almost 40 minute Jimquizition! I'm going to settle in for this one!
arnold-commando-gif.gif

I don't know much about financial settlements so I was wondering, say if James Romine actually won his case, where does he think Jim Sterling could get 10 million dollars?

I was wondering why the settlement didnt include Digi Homi paying his legal fees. Never thought he'd make a video for big XXXposure and Media Coverage and some ad rev.

Smart
It's a Jimquisition; no ads run of those (it's paid for by patreon subscriptions). I believe some of his other youtube content like Jimpressions does have ads though (it's always a bit hard to tell when it is content ID rather than the uplaoders choice...something I'd prefer youtube to be transparent about).

Maximo

38 minutes oh boy oh boy oh boy gonna be good, fuckin brutal so far seems like he got the all go from his lawyer.

danowat

Banned
Just taking a single point in isolation, the numbers are utterly bonkers, certainly comes over as someone who saw a possible payday, and just ended up with dollar signs in his eyes.

Couldn't see the wood for the trees.

danowat

Banned
Right forgot about that. But making a video for the press coverage is way better for him then taking a settlement where he gets his legal fees but has to agree not to talk about it or whatever

Maybe, just maybe, it was a human action where by he didn't want to screw this poor soul into the ground financially?

38 mins for a topic I've waited to hear Jim speak about for ages.
Will devour this after work and smoking a bowl.

Thank God for you Jim.

Jazzem

Ha, had to pause the video from laughing too much at the libel accusation over the rubber bandits comparison :p

mieumieu

Right forgot about that. But making a video for the press coverage is way better for him then taking a settlement where he gets his legal fees but has to agree not to talk about it or whatever

I dont know what your agenda is but I tell you a lot of us are waitin for this episode for too damn long. It just makes for great entertainment.

Dunkley

tbsgdpI.png

Why is that the total instead of $11.561.000?

Sorry if it's a dumb question I am poorly versed with legal stuff.

Joyful

so will jim ever see the money for legal fees
seems like a broken system if you can drain someone financially just by filing bullshit lawsuits regardless of the outcome

Top Bottom