• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Cringe Joe Biden: 'You Ain't Black' if You Don't Back Me over Trump

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
A study was done that showed Dems dumb down their words when dealing with black people.

Bbbbbbbut its called code -switching. I read about it in my private white college course!!!!!!

Aug 11, 2019
"Maybe you'll get it if I put it in a slide format - maybe you're visual learners?"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

You could hear it in the interview with the manlet - Biden's inflection and tone changed when he started talking about "real black people".
I didn't vote for Trump last election, but I've honestly been thinking about doing it strictly out of spite this time around. I'm so tired of these jokers in the press - it's nice to see them get owned

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
Listening to the black host talk about "what's good for my community", by which he means black people, I wonder what people would say if a white person talked about "my community", meaning white people.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au and Ornlu

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
What a stupid thing to say.
There are black assholes, just like there are white assholes. They can absolutely prefer Trump and still be black.
To me this guarantees that he's going to select a black VP candidate. Probably worth putting some $ on that at this point.
Lol, I appreciated this stealth dig, calling anyone who doesn't vote Democrat an asshole. Game respects game. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Stouffers

Oct 17, 2017
Listening to the black host talk about "what's good for my community", by which he means black people, I wonder what people would say if a white person talked about "my community", meaning white people.
You’re not comparing apples to apples. You can’t ignore slavery, hundreds of years of oppression, systematic racism, etc.

Get out of here with that trash.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
its just a shame Bernie didn't court the black vote the way Biden does. all this time he should have been telling black people they aren't black if they don't vote for him. who knew?
Don't you remember? A few months ago, the media pundits kept telling us over and over that Bernie already lost the black vote.

That's why...

....they told progressives we should go with Biden instead.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
Champagne Sharks is a good podcast. real black folks talking about politics. these guys are fully aware of and critical of respectability politics. LOL and they did all this months ago. Breakfast Club is well known for trying to throw Dems a softball and Dems fucking it up by being their shitty selves

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
They saw the future

That's because they all end up acting foolish in some misguided attempt to make it look like they're "down" with black folks and understand them. They can never just be genuine an it's always so damn cringe-worthy.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: haxan7

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
The madman did it!

Love my president.

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I'm hearing people defend Biden saying that "You ain't black" is some sort of recurring joke used on the show he was on. Is there any validity to that? I did a search of "Breakfast club" + "You ain't black" and it showed nothing but Biden's gaffe.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
I'm hearing people defend Biden saying that "You ain't black" is some sort of recurring joke used on the show he was on. Is there any validity to that? I did a search of "Breakfast club" + "You ain't black" and it showed nothing but Biden's gaffe.
Biden barely knows what state his is in yet he is pulling out meta jokes about the show he is on. I am sure he listens all the time. How else would he know how to jive talk to black people?

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Biden barely knows what state his is in yet he is pulling out meta jokes about the show he is on. I am sure he listens all the time. How else would he know how to jive talk to black people?
I figured it could have been a line that his handlers fed to him prior to the show

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I get what he was trying to say, Trump is a racist so how could a black person vote for him.

But the way he said it was just wrong and there is really no coming back from this. This will be in the news cycle for weeks and has pissed off a lot of black folks.

But Biden killed #MeToo, maybe he can kill off Black Lives Matter too? If Biden can end Islamic extremism this guy may actually be the best thing that has happened to the right in years.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007

Hehehehe, this is just the start folks, we've got months of Biden doing this, buckle up.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Hehehehe, this is just the start folks, we've got months of Biden doing this, buckle up.
My god this is genius

"It used to be if your ancestors were from Africa and your skin was a darker pigment, then you were considered black," said Ancestry spokesperson Sheila Reinold. "Times have changed. What really determines a person's blackness now—beyond genes, DNA, family trees—is Joe Biden. Any other determiner of race is pure malarkey at this point."

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013