• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Pesci's Jewish half-brother rages in bagel shop

giphy.gif

dopey

I'm 180 centimeters, anyone kind enough to tell me where that puts me on this manlet scale in feet+inches ? Please no bully T_T

Benefit of the doubt to the female bagel place employees: I can only hope there was a mini bagel promotion that they were mentioning to all customers, but he lost it before they could explain why. Doubtful, because they didn't seem to be making an argument like that in response to his rant.

Benefit of the doubt to him: Even if he was in the right, he should have demanded to speak to their manager, and got the rest of the customers on his side. Instead, he attacked everyone.

Benefit of the doubt to the guy who jumped him: There is none. I see no logical reason for attacking someone who is ranting in a store, and not even threatening anyone, even if he is "asking for it" as in literally saying "go ahead and attack me." Unless there's some part of the situation that wasn't recorded, that guy should go to jail and / or be hit with a large civil lawsuit. Complete coward to attack someone that much smaller than him.

Kagey K

Banned
Benefit of the doubt to the female bagel place employees: I can only hope there was a mini bagel promotion that they were mentioning to all customers, but he lost it before they could explain why. Doubtful, because they didn't seem to be making an argument like that in response to his rant.

Benefit of the doubt to him: Even if he was in the right, he should have demanded to speak to their manager, and got the rest of the customers on his side. Instead, he attacked everyone.

Benefit of the doubt to the guy who jumped him: There is none. I see no logical reason for attacking someone who is ranting in a store, and not even threatening anyone, even if he is "asking for it" as in literally saying "go ahead and attack me." Unless there's some part of the situation that wasn't recorded, that guy should go to jail and / or be hit with a large civil lawsuit. Complete coward to attack someone that much smaller than him.
I always hate how these videos always start once in full escalation mode. I get everybody doesn’t have thier phone out recording everything, but there always seems to be a giant part of the story missing.

He’s not just going to go on a rant randomly about his height when he’s the same height this day as he was every other. I believe the mini bagels part of the story and he just wasn’t in the mood for it that morning, unfortunately he went the wrong way about it.

He actually seems funny about it if you listen to his side. “I punched that guy in the shins but good and you know he’s going to feel it tomorrow.” “If I ever see that guy again I’m going to bite him in the kneecap”

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
We don’t know what happened in the lead up. It could change the context completely.
Yeah maybe. It's hard to say what instigated the incident, but whatever it was probably doesn't warrant his escalation and attitude problem.

I mean, he's got an actual grievance, and I sympathize with others like him, but that does not give him the right to act like a retarded snowflake in the middle of the store.

Dude needs some anger management lessons.

According to current information, my verdict is that he's overwhelmingly the asshole in this situation.

Joyful

this is one of those videos where i really wish it started earlier so I can see what he said to make people so pissed

Cato

Banned
Check the second video in the op. Apparently the girl behind the counter kept asking him if he wanted a mini bagel. But again I'm not 100% sure it's him.

It is 100% not him. It is the kind of jokes Cecil always makes.

Cecil just has a weird sense oh humor. I love his jokes and his commentary on this video is just hillarious.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is he wrong though? Height is an immutable characteristic, whereas weight is not. Why should a fat woman get empathy and support while a manlet gets nothing but scorn?
Are you shorter than me?

What's the point of being tall if you don't know how to talk to a woman? What's the point of being tall if you don't know how to please a woman? What's the point of being tall if you can't spend on a woman?

Last edited:

DESTROYA

One of my short friends once did this

l1.jpg

Then he did this

2bd5j2.jpg

I’m like what the fuck is that supposed to mean and he said first one symbolizes a tall dude with his dick out the second one a short dude with his dick out, I was rolling on the floor, OK we were drunk but still was hilarious at the time.

Last edited:
Is he wrong though? Height is an immutable characteristic, whereas weight is not. Why should a fat woman get empathy and support while a manlet gets nothing but scorn?

I think this is a "there is a time and a place for this rant" situation and unfortunately for him the lineup in a deli is definitely not the time or the place. Which results in it looking like tantrum.

Kagey K

Banned
One of my short friends once did this

l1.jpg

Then he did this

2bd5j2.jpg

I’m like what the fuck is that supposed to mean and he said first one symbolizes a tall dude with his dick out the second one a short dude with his dick out, I was rolling on the floor, OK we were drunk but still was hilarious at the time.
I’ll admit that is good.

Papa

Banned
I think this is a "there is a time and a place for this rant" situation and unfortunately for him the lineup in a deli is definitely not the time or the place. Which results in it looking like tantrum.

How do you know he wasn't being ridiculed for his height before the particular snippet shown in the video?

Tesseract

Banned
wonder how hadu kogeema feels about being linked to joosten on googly forever

clever 420 no scope metal gear outer heaven play?

what do you channel six nords have to say about this

Last edited:
How do you know he wasn't being ridiculed for his height before the particular snippet shown in the video?

I'm sure he was being ridiculed, or at the very least in his head he was being ridiculed. I'm pretty sure he said they gave him a "smirk" or someone was "biting their lip" or something like that. I feel for the wee dudes put there, society certainly doesn't make life easy in certain situations for them.

My original comment still stands. It ends up looking like a tantrum in the end. Not sure if his height makes it look that way though.

p.s. the dude who tackled him was way out of line. What was the point? Dude wasn't being violent or anything. He was running his mouth but come on, he didn't deserve to be slammed to the ground. Just drag him out the store.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I'm sure he was being ridiculed, or at the very least in his head he was being ridiculed. I'm pretty sure he said they gave him a "smirk" or someone was "biting their lip" or something like that. I feel for the wee dudes put there, society certainly doesn't make life easy in certain situations for them.

My original comment still stands. It ends up looking like a tantrum in the end. Not sure if his height makes it look that way though.

p.s. the dude who tackled him was way out of line. What was the point? Dude wasn't being violent or anything. He was running his mouth but come on, he didn't deserve to be slammed to the ground. Just drag him out the store.

Would you hold a fat woman having a similar meltdown to the same standard?

Would you hold a fat woman having a similar meltdown to the same standard?

I don't know what standard you're referring to but yeah, depending on the circumstance I would feel the same way. Generally speaking giant emotional breakdowns like this don't do a good job of conveying what it is you're trying to say very well, especially in a public setting.

Like I said I feel bad for the guy, he's probably put up with shit his whole life and for whatever reason this was the point he broke. And now there he is on the internet being laughed at. The whole thing is a lose lose situation for him. It reminds me of that whole "IT'S MA'AM" thing awhile back. I mean yeah it was funny to watch but I couldn't help but feel bad for the exact reasons as here. A person catching shit over and over and finally breaks, and someone is there filming it to show everyone and meme-ify and laugh at.

farmerboy

Lot of pent up frustration there.

Wildest cunts I've ever known have always been on the short side, short man syndrome is real.

The real irony is that the dickhead in blue probably wouldn't have tackled him had he'd been a foot and a half taller.

Nymphae

Banned
Being tall has its drawbacks, like...

-Economy flights being painfully uncomfortable
-Locals in China wanting selfies with you constantly
-Difficulty fitting into race cars

We're oppressed too!

Also difficult to lay down comfortably on many couches.

Breakage

When I first saw this in the Clown thread, I thought to myself this guy sounds like he is straight out of Goodfellas. And now I find out he is Pesci's half brother.

quickwhips

Everyone saying the little guy wasn’t being violent but he kept bumping that guy and saying you want to go outside. He was invading the guys personal space on purpose.

Papa

Banned
Everyone saying the little guy wasn’t being violent but he kept bumping that guy and saying you want to go outside. He was invading the guys personal space on purpose.

He got jumped by a different guy though, and we don’t know what any of them were saying to him.

Top Bottom