Joe Rogan talks with Tulsi Gabbard (Democratic Presidential Candidate) on the podcast.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA

I haven't gotten through the entire thing but so far (knowing nothing about her) she is very smart and brings up lot's of great points. Joe, as always does a great job of bringing up counter arguments or playing devils advocate yet they maintain a very pleasant and listenable conversation. After listening to this Tulsi has my attention. I feel like she needs to run again in 2024 if Trump wins '20. She is like a more attractive, smarter, well-spoken and experienced congress woman than AOC. I'm usually impressed with democratic veterans in politics.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
yes, tulsi gabbard is everything modern women should aspire to be

if bernie wins the primary, i hope tulsi is his vp

Last edited:
Reactions: 嫩翼 and Cybrwzrd

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
I liked most of what she had to say. I did dislike the one moment when she sounded partisan over Assange. Does she really think the Obama admin didn't try to get him also?

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
yes, tulsi gabbard is everything modern woman should aspire to be

if bernie wins the primary, i hope tulsi is his vp
It’s damn difficult to find a candidate with her resume, ethics and willingness to tell the establishment to go fuck themselves.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
I donated $25 to her campaign after this interview.

Shes the only Dem I would vote for.

Reactions: Cybrwzrd

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
Honestly I’ve soured on Tulsi.

Her domestic policies are retardedly progressive. But her foreign policies of anti-interventionism and being wary of Islamic extremism are good.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
It was a great podcast. I certainly would consider voting for her after listening to what she had to say. That being said, I think the DNC has already put her on the same "never allow" list as Bernie and will do everything they can to sabotage her chances.

JLB

Dec 6, 2018
Heard the interview. A good one, and probably the only dem candidate, apart from Andrew Yang, that has something interesting to offer.
Having said that, some of her ideas are naive.
You just wont get a peaceful solution with a dictator like Maduro. He is connected with Putin, have interests with China, and its fullly supported by drug cartels. He has no problem to send militia to crush his opponents, carmageddon style. Venezuelans just dont have freedom to choose the future of its country as things are in place right now.

Reactions: TrainedRage

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Heard the interview. A good one, and probably the only dem candidate, apart from Andrew Yang, that has something interesting to offer.
Having said that, some of her ideas are naive.
You just wont get a peaceful solution with a dictator like Maduro. He is connected with Putin, have interests with China, and its fullly supported by drug cartels. He has no problem to send militia to crush his opponents, carmageddon style. Venezuelans just dont have freedom to choose the future of its country as things are in place right now.
While I agree that Maduro is a cunt, I don’t think it is the job of the US to get involved. Let them be free to make their own decisions. If he wants to kill his own people, that is their fight. If they start trying to cause bullshit in other nations, then we get involved.

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

Feb 17, 2013
Central Florida
It was a great podcast. I certainly would consider voting for her after listening to what she had to say. That being said, I think the DNC has already put her on the same "never allow" list as Bernie and will do everything they can to sabotage her chances.
This is sadly likely the case. I think she’s pretty level headed, but unfortunately, she’s far too moderate for the DNC to push for her.

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
52 mins in is so important. If you watch any part of this video, watch from around there.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
I think these Democratic debates are going to be HUGE! She seems like a real person, maybe its just this long style format but her and Andrew Yang seem like the best the Democrats have to offer and they are getting dogged and ignored. Maybe other morons like me will swayed more to the left when rational voices speak out and aren't afraid to go on Joes podcast because "omg muh alt-right adjacent", so dumb.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
If it means anything..

Our friendly ultra-progressives basically blacklisted/banned this video from being shown over at ReeeeesetEra.

It was posted and out came the wolves to hurl insults at Rogan and Tulsi till the thread was locked and the poster banned..

Insane.

Makes me wanna vote for her MORE.

Reactions: crowbrow and Ryujin

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I think these Democratic debates are going to be HUGE! She seems like a real person, maybe its just this long style format but her and Andrew Yang seem like the best the Democrats have to offer and they are getting dogged and ignored. Maybe other morons like me will swayed more to the left when rational voices speak out and aren't afraid to go on Joes podcast because "omg muh alt-right adjacent", so dumb.
The problem is the first debate will have 20 candidates, and they'll be limited to short form talking points and being louder than the next candidate. Having substantive positions doesn't help any there.

Reactions: Cybrwzrd

MrTickles

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2018
She's too edgy. She publicizes the failings of the deep state. If she ran as the Trump of the Dems, they'd have a chance. But the DNC won't allow an actual real woman to progress in the candidacy. They want snakes and swamp monsters.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
I want to listen to the whole thing because Tulsi is one of the few Democrats who would not scare the living hell out of me if she won the White House, but the opening is not a good look. Arguing against regime change wars makes it looks like she recently woke up from a coma and she thinks she's running against the Obushintons. President Trump has kept us out of such conflicts with a "non-intervention hawk" policy. We won't have as big a footprint in places like Syria but, we still have the option to take punitive measures when dictators cross our red lines.

Venezuela is tough because the involvement of the Russians and Cubans means there will be an intense bipartisan backlash if President Trump does not enforce the Monroe Doctrine. I've mentioned elsewhere that I don't like comparisons to Iraq, because the opposition to Saddam was artificially manufactured by the U.S., whereas Venezuela already has an organic movement that has all but succeeded in deposing Maduro, but for his hold onto parts of the military apparatus. If we do go in (God forbid), it won't be like Iraq, as this is a developed country surrounded by our allies.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
If it means anything..

Our friendly ultra-progressives basically blacklisted/banned this video from being shown over at ReeeeesetEra.

It was posted and out came the wolves to hurl insults at Rogan and Tulsi till the thread was locked and the poster banned..

Insane.

This is her whole problem, she's hated by most of the core of her own party. I think her being a democrat in Hawaii elections is fine. But on a national level, if she skewed some of her domestic policies a little bit more towards the middle she would fare much better as a Republican than democrat.

She has a broader appeal to capture the Republican base (especially being a military veteran) and attract moderate votes at the same time. Where she's never going to win the current base of democrats.

She's honestly kind of the ideal GOP candidate.

JLB

Dec 6, 2018
While I agree that Maduro is a cunt, I don’t think it is the job of the US to get involved. Let them be free to make their own decisions. If he wants to kill his own people, that is their fight. If they start trying to cause bullshit in other nations, then we get involved.
Its a though question. You said " Let them be free to make their own decisions". Well, that is not the case anyways. A dictatorship like the one in place in Venezuela supresses any possibility of freedom of choice. At the same, why US should be, as Talsi mentioned on the interview, the police of the world to go and fix these kind of issues around the globe?
I dont know, this is one of those topics where theres not an easy, straightforward answer.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
At the same, why US should be, as Talsi mentioned on the interview, the police of the world to go and fix these kind of issues around the globe?
I think keeping a peaceful and prosperous South America is on the radar of the US. Otherwise they'll just end up coming here.

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
Its a though question. You said " Let them be free to make their own decisions". Well, that is not the case anyways. A dictatorship like the one in place in Venezuela supresses any possibility of freedom of choice. At the same, why US should be, as Talsi mentioned on the interview, the police of the world to go and fix these kind of issues around the globe?
I dont know, this is one of those topics where theres not an easy, straightforward answer.
I’d argue that people are ultimately responsible for their government being tyrannical. Having Uncle Sam come in swinging his massive dick around isn’t the cure to solving their problems.

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
I think keeping a peaceful and prosperous South America is on the radar of the US. Otherwise they'll just end up coming here.
Old article, but China tariffs can be very good for Central and South America.

The Wall + China tariffs could be a double whammy against illegal immigration.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Gabbard drops some interesting info in this.
She's too edgy. She publicizes the failings of the deep state. If she ran as the Trump of the Dems, they'd have a chance. But the DNC won't allow an actual real woman to progress in the candidacy. They want snakes and swamp monsters.
I've watched most of the video and she has some very interesting comments. They get into CIA/Deep State a little bit after talking about wikileaks and stuff. She makes a comment about Chuck Schumer back when he made that weird veiled threat on Rachel Maddow how you "don't wanna upset the intelligence complex" and how it was weird for him to say that.

She's saying some stuff that the DNC will absolutely loathe her for.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
I’d argue that people are ultimately responsible for their government being tyrannical. Having Uncle Sam come in swinging his massive dick around isn’t the cure to solving their problems.
Sometimes dictatorship sounds nice. You have one man who tells people, go do this, they say yes and go do it. Then remember what I would have to give up to have that kind of efficiency. But then I think... what if I were the dictator? 😒

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
She sounds nice and well intentioned. She says logical a lot.

Logically I can’t agree that a government based on involuntary taxes is never moral or ethical no matter how much good you can do.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
If it means anything..

Insane.

These people are insane. It's quite sad, really.

Edit surprised to see the praise. I felt like she was a lot more in politician mode this second time, a bit of a turn off--Agreeing with Joe on everything.

I think politically she is doing terribly atm

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014

These people are insane. It's quite sad, really.

Edit surprised to see the praise. I felt like she was a lot more in politician mode this second time, a bit of a turn off--Agreeing with Joe on everything.

I think politically she is doing terribly atm
jesus that ban reason lol. antagonizing people that come into a thread to antagonize.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Oh she came back on the show, nice. If she got the democratic nomination, I'd vote for her in a heartbeat; a shame it won't happen though.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Oh she came back on the show, nice. If she got the democratic nomination, I'd vote for her in a heartbeat; a shame it won't happen though.
The biggest problem with her after hearing her both times in the podcast is, she seems rather eager to go after Saudi Arabia. Which while I can understand, it's sort of hypocritical to her non intervention policy.

She also puts out some misinformation against them playing slightly coy to the hand of the MIC that she says she's so fearful of and against. She's literally playing both sides at times which I find extremely concerning.

Winter John

Mar 9, 2014
She seems like a nice woman but when she starts off talking about ending our Government's meddling in foreign countries and all that stuff I had to laugh. If she actually believes the C.I.A are just going to stop fucking around with other regimes on her watch, she's crazy. I don't think she is though. I think she's just spouting the kind of high fantasy bullshit that will appeal to the kind of folk who believe in Hobbits.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Apr 11, 2007
If only she was a Muslim and didnt stand against Islamic extremism, she wouldve been lapped up by the Dems and the liberals. Resetera would also fall in love with her.
But she is not and hence has no chance, despite being vastly smarter, saner and honest than AOC, Ilhan or Tlaib. I'd vote for her over any candidate, Dem or Republican, if i was a US citizen.

pennythots

Neo Member
May 14, 2019
I like most of her policies and she carried herself well in the interview. Thank you for posting the video.

The debates should be great and I'm glad to see so many potential candidates come forth.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
Stopping the 30 year history of trying to incite coups among South American governments the USA doesn't like would be a good start.
It's not about what the USA does or doesn't like. It seems that the effect of destabilizing countries has only one meaningful guaranteed effect in both Europe and the US: endless groups of people able to claim refugee status from the Middle East and Central/South America.
If someone had an interest in destroying First World nations through Bureacracy(the inability to refuse migrants) and exacerbating the first reason through "Country Building", then that would be the conspiracy that's occuring, but we have no one entity to ascribe these motivations to.

It's clearly not in the US's interests to spend trillions, and the blood of its people's children, on unending foreign wars that simply result in mass migration, thereby making the country less safe and rapidly changing the political and cultural spheres.

It's not in Europe's interests either, deposing Gaddafi can be viewed as opening the floodgate for the mass migration to Europe. The European populace can't refuse these people, through regulations, and must subsidize them on the taxpayer's backs. All the while their countries rapidly transform into shells of their former selves.

So who is benefitting?
Who pushes for these wars?
Who makes the propaganda?