• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Even though Miley was clearly on some sort of amphetamine binge and is likely bipolar, I found her to be surprisingly grounded and self aware. Good listen.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Being that it was built and he didn’t lease a new place, it’s probably on his property somewhere. Which if so would be nice to not have to travel far to do shows. Can roll outta bed and go right to the studio.

showernota

Am I crazy or did Joe say he was going to keep the giant American flag behind him a few episodes ago?

Beyond that, the new setup makes me feel super claustrophobic. He needs a wider angle camera to cut to, beyond just the A/B closeups going on.

ARE YOU READING THIS JOE? FIX IT

Last edited:

mango drank

It looks like the walls are caving in on them, and it looks like they're both leaning forward because they have no room. Claustrophobic is right. Also the bright light on the wall between the two metal grates behind them draws attention away from the speakers' faces, it's annoying.

Looks like they're in a giant oven. Someone dun goofed.

mortal

Gold Member
I appreciated how homely and cozy the old studio looked with all of the gifts and things Rogan collected over the years. They often sparked new topics of discussion in some episodes.
The new studio looks a bit claustrophobic. The lights on the wide shot are blinding and red is pretty aggressive on the eyes.

I'm sure I'll get used to it over time, but can't say I'm a fan.

Last edited:

Ememee

Yeah, after 1 hour they start to get really hammered. Couldn't listen anymore, you can only listen to drunk people if you're drunk too, otherwise it sucks.

Yeah, I tapped out when he brought up the whiskey to take a shot a little after an hour. I also went “Ohhh Whiskey. That explains it”.

Yeah, this was bad. The design. The camera angles (even if the quality is better). The set. The fucking set, man. I get the feeling Joe got shown “concept art” and it probably looked different. A lot of the changes over time have seemed gradual this is jumping 0-100.

And the interview itself too. I didn’t know who this guy was before but I enjoyed listening to him talk, seemed super nice and cool but Joe was being a ham: interrupting, sidetracking, not taking shit seriously. Couldn’t listen to it. Even Young Jamie sounded off! Weird.

Last edited:
I appreciated how homely and cozy the old studio looked with all of the gifts and things Rogan collected over the years. They often sparked new topics of discussion in some episodes.
The new studio looks a bit claustrophobic. The lights on the wide shot are blinding and red is pretty aggressive on the eyes.

I'm sure I'll get used to it over time, but can't say I'm a fan.
This.

Also, don't underestimate how much of an influence the old studio was on his success.

teezzy

Banned
Not a fan of the new studio or lighting at all. Brick wall coziness or GTFO. Guess I'll go audio only from now on.

This. Half the appeal of the last few setups were the sense of warmth they provided.

This new studio is red... and somehow feels very cold and industrial. The entire vibe is off.

Like nothing about this setup screams the JRE we know and love... is that the point? It does look like something Joe would pick out though. He has awful taste sometimes.

HoodWinked

the new set is dumb but after 2 hours i don't really care.

but the big benefit of the new studio is that they don't need to wear headphones.

This. Half the appeal of the last few setups were the sense of warmth they provided.

This new studio is red... and somehow feels very cold and industrial. The entire vibe is off.

Like nothing about this setup screams the JRE we know and love... is that the point? It does look like something Joe would pick out though. He has awful taste sometimes.
Exactly.
Feels a bit like a shitty modded pc gamer case with red mainboards, metal and neon colors and shit.

manfestival

I came here expecting drama over the Biden stuff and got pleasantly surprised over the sheer disappointment of the new studio. Count me in with those that are disappointed.

zombrex

Hate the new studio, it is cramped and claustrophobic.
Looks like something a amateur would make for their first studio not a guy with a 100 million dollar deal.
Old studio was also more spacious and more interesting with all the little items scattered around on the desk and walls.

It's interesting how much of the 'Rogan feel' was that studio for me. Which I just now realize.

I have tried, but wasn't able to watch any episode further than 5 minutes yet.

That new place just looks so completely 180 degrees turn from the old one.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's interesting how much of the 'Rogan feel' was that studio for me. Which I just now realize.

I have tried, but wasn't able to watch any episode further than 5 minutes yet.

That new place just looks so completely 180 degrees turn from the old one.
Try audio only. Most people listen to it that way anyway.

Being that it was built and he didn’t lease a new place, it’s probably on his property somewhere. Which if so would be nice to not have to travel far to do shows. Can roll outta bed and go right to the studio.

Probably not, he was talking once on the podcast about how the earlier JREs were actually at his house and he had to move it to a studio because some of the guests would come back and visit him unannounced.

Top Bottom