• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

O-N-E

It would be straight dog shit. And not because of Joe, but because Tucker Carlson argues in bad faith, is a sensationalist, and is probably the most corrupt "news anchor" on TV right now.

200.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
He could've gotten the deal from anyone, yet he didn't. He got it from Spotify. They had to have offered him way more than anyone else for him to take his shit off Youtube and Apple Podcasts. And because they offered an exorbitant amount that now has him financially secure for the rest of his life, he was probably willing to make some concessions such as not having certain guests. And again, I would absolutely do the same thing if I was him.
What I’m saying is if they asked this of Rogan and he said “no” what do you think Spotify would have done? Moved on? Do you honestly think they’d let themselves lose out on the biggest podcasting coup out there over something so trivial?

It would be like a team negotiating to sign Michael Jordan in his prime and he says “I’m not a fan of your ball boy he gave me a dirty look one time” and the team goes sorry MJ we aren’t firing the ball boy, that’s a dealbreaker. No, they’d tell the ball boy sorry bud this is business, we need MJ.

No chance in hell Spotify would have lost out on Rogan over the types of guests he can have. He’d do so much for their brand.

O-N-E

My prediction was correct. He'll no longer be able to have certain guests on now.

I hope his views drop off a cliff.

If that turns out to be true, it opens up a space for someone else to come in and have the same variety of guests on.

Anyone know some potential candidates for that role?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
eh, none of this surprises me, or upsets me, or anything. dude took a giant truckload of money, im sure there were strings attached. anyone who thought there wouldn't be was only fooling themselves.

did anyone really think Spotify would allow Alex Jones? if you did and are upset at this then i don't know what to say. try living in the real world.

Joe Rogan isn't some commie who doesn't believe in private property. he's not some crusading first amendment guy. he's never made himself out to be some moral or political compass. he's just a meathead who interviews dudes.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The top 100 favorites episode thing doesn’t make sense. The list of missing episodes isn’t consistent either though. They’d pull a Mikhaila Peterson episode for example I guess because they’d think her diet was dangerous, but wouldn’t pull Jordan’s who promoted the very same diet. Or wouldn’t pull people he had on who called COVID overblown.

Wouldn’t pull Ben Shapiro or Steven Crowder, but would pull Nick Kroll. Wouldn’t pull Bryan Callen but would pull D’Elia.

Also Michael Shermer is probably the most random guy on there, he’s not radical in anything, in fact he’s strongly AGAINST conspiracy theories.

The only consistency is the same people being removed, but from person to person there isn’t. I’m thinking maybe some got flagged and they’ll be uploaded separately, otherwise they have some explaining to do why certain peoples episodes are pulled and why some aren’t.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
It definitely means no Eddie either. Fuck JR for selling out and being a hypocrite regarding self censorship. We ain't as dumb as you love money, Joe

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
the lack of availability of past episodes bums me out

it's a shame you can't like buy the archives on DVD or something like you can with old movies and tv shows they butcher on streaming services

this whole thing is so dangerous, yet it really is the future. im hesitant to see what JRE becomes from this point moving forward

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Even if it does turn out to be the case that those episodes are going to be completely scrubbed from Spotify, and if it is also the case that they'll be scrubbed from Youtube, and perhaps even if it is the case where Spotify can veto certain guests going forward, who here wouldn't have conceded that for $100 million?

Blond

Banned
Even if it does turn out to be the case that those episodes are going to be completely scrubbed from Spotify, and if it is also the case that they'll be scrubbed from Youtube, and perhaps even if it is the case where Spotify can veto certain guests going forward, who here wouldn't have conceded that for $100 million?

That's what I was saying. He's probably going to end up getting some really big A-List people on Spotify but anyone who thinks they were pulled for "copyright reasons" are just being silly. Look at the list of people, it's EXTREMELY targeted towards people who have opinions against companies like Spotify and the way they control narratives.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That's what I was saying. He's probably going to end up getting some really big A-List people on Spotify but anyone who thinks they were pulled for "copyright reasons" are just being silly. Look at the list of people, it's EXTREMELY targeted towards people who have opinions against companies like Spotify and the way they control narratives.
Yup, that's entirely possible and very plausible too. How does that square with the Alex Jones clip though?

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Tons of his guests do though, if that was the case I can name dozens more guests they'd pull.

What it sounds like is we're jumping to conclusions based on incomplete data sets.
Seems to me as well.
Just wait and see.

God damn rogans comedian buddy episodes are trash
I really think his "I am a comic"-schtick is cringeworthy.
I don't seem him as a comic in the slightest, and I can't stand even 1 minute of him trying to do stand up.

Sleepydays

Banned
I really think his "I am a comic"-schtick is cringeworthy.
I don't seem him as a comic in the slightest, and I can't stand even 1 minute of him trying to do stand up.

THANK YOU.

He talks as if he's Richard Pryor, and the only reason he gets away with that is because other comedians smell the money radiating off him. He's never said anything funny on any podcast I've watched, and I've seen other people's jokes sail over his head more than once.

Nymphae

Banned
Saw a writeup on Vox Day's site yesterday showing all of the past episodes of TJRE that were taken down and not available for listening since his move to Spotify. Toe is toeing the corporate line I see.

Joe Rogan took the ticket and cashed in, but the ticket always comes at a price. There is a certain pattern that is readily apparent once you see which episodes somehow didn't make it to Spotify, despite Mr. Rogan insisting that Spotify would have no control over his content.

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1461 - Owen Smith

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1458 - Chris D'Elia

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1456 - Michael Shermer

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1303 - Tommy Chong

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1296 - Joe List

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1255 - Alex Jones Returns

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1182 - Nick Kroll

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1164 - Mikhaila Peterson

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1093 - Owen Benjamin & Kurt Metzger

The Joe Rogan Experience - #1033 - Owen Benjamin

The Joe Rogan Experience - #998 - Owen Benjamin

The Joe Rogan Experience - #980 - Chris D'Elia

The Joe Rogan Experience - #979 - Sargon of Akkad

The Joe Rogan Experience - #920 - Gavin McInnes

The Joe Rogan Experience - #911 - Alex Jones & Eddie Bravo

The Joe Rogan Experience - #820 - Milo Yiannopoulos

The Joe Rogan Experience - #750 - Kip Andersen & Keegan Kuhn, producers of Conspiracy

The Joe Rogan Experience - #710 - Gavin McInnes

The Joe Rogan Experience - #702 - Milo Yiannopoulos

The Joe Rogan Experience - #640 - Charles C. Johnson

Last edited:

PSlayer

I'm not suprised by this but still disappointed. Joe Rogan have said in the past that spotify was being pretty cool with him and his content but if they don't have the balls to have those old videos in they platform it's very likely that we are going to have a "cleaner" podcast from now on

Nymphae

Banned
Makes me wonder what he had to gain by making the move besides mountains of cash, he already had one of the biggest shows out there, all done independently, and is already doing quite well for himself. But now he has a gimped show and more cash, awesome?

I swear to god in one of the episodes, with either Jaime foxx or Kevin hart they were talking about Dave chappell and how great he was when the guest started telling a story about how Dave used to let not so good comics open for him and let them get practice.

This was not long after joe and dave toured together and there was an actual look of wtf on joes face but i could never find the clip or episode since then and i start to think i dreamed it

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Joe said it was just a licensing deal if I remember, they don’t own his content or control it. So maybe they have the freedom to pull episodes from the platform but can’t dictate who he has on or what he talks about.

I mean he was high and drunk as hell in his first Spotify episode.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Makes me wonder what he had to gain by making the move besides mountains of cash, he already had one of the biggest shows out there, all done independently, and is already doing quite well for himself. But now he has a gimped show and more cash, awesome?
One hundred million dollars isn't a good enough reason on its own?

Top Bottom