• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

bender

What time is it?
tXVqQdz.gif

giphy.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
what else would the reason be
Could be a glitch
Could be saving those episodes to be available all the time on Youtube or somewhere else
Could be stuck in limbo pending a future decision
Could be a result of prioritizing migrations and certain flags or metadata on the content
Could be an algorithm related automated action that isn't really the active decision of any human
It could be some reason that we don't know yet.

That's the thing. We don't know. We can guess what it is, which is fine. But we don't know.

Once we start passing off our guesses as knowledge without a good reason for doing so, we are committing an argument from ignorance fallacy.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't think Redban is in any trouble with the social media mob. Just pointing out that he's a gross dumbass. I rarely watch Rogan episodes raw and I haven't seen much of the early stuff. Maybe he just doesn't like Redban anymore. It's not difficult to guess why.
Redban was just on 3 weeks ago.

Nymphae

Banned
Could be a glitch
Could be saving those episodes to be available all the time on Youtube or somewhere else
Could be stuck in limbo pending a future decision
Could be a result of prioritizing migrations and certain flags or metadata on the content
Could be an algorithm related automated action that isn't really the active decision of any human
It could be some reason that we don't know yet.

That's the thing. We don't know. We can guess what it is, which is fine. But we don't know.

Once we start passing off our guesses as knowledge without a good reason for doing so, we are committing an argument from ignorance fallacy

You're retarded if you look at that list of episodes that were removed and conclude it was a glitch

Nymphae

Banned
Of course. That is in line with what I've been saying. That's why I'm not concluding that it was a glitch.

You're retarded if you're even entertaining that as a possibility, just because there hasn't been a press release explaining the reason doesn't mean some things aren't more likely than others.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You're retarded if you're even entertaining that as a possibility, just because there hasn't been a press release explaining the reason doesn't mean some things aren't more likely than others.
You asked for candidate possibilities. I gave them. I didn't rank them by plausibility.

just because there hasn't been a press release explaining the reason doesn't mean some things aren't more likely than others.
Nothing I've said disputes that, either.

Last edited:
Spotfiy needs an audio only option for Joe's podcast fast, I'm not streaming 3 hour videos on my mobile plan. The only way around this is to download (over wifi of course) which offers only audio.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
"Not possible" would exclude it from being a possibility, in my mind. That's not a glitch son
When technology is involved, glitches are always a possibility, even if highly unlikely. It could also be a combination of any of those possibilities or none. We just don't know yet, and to condemn the whole thing now based on incomplete information is premature.

Nymphae

Banned
When technology is involved, glitches are always a possibility, even if highly unlikely. It could also be a combination of any of those possibilities or none. We just don't know yet, and to condemn the whole thing now based on incomplete information is premature.

Take comfort in your pedantry I guess, I'm fine assuming that this was a corporate decision until I have a good reason other than "anything's possible" to believe otherwise. It reeks of corporate interference.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Take comfort in your pedantry I guess, I'm fine assuming that this was a corporate decision until I have a good reason other than "anything's possible" to believe otherwise. It reeks of corporate interference.
I take comfort in not believing something until I know there is good reason to warrant that belief.

None of the candidate possibilities so far rises to that threshold, given the amount of uncertainty still present.

Nymphae

Banned
I take comfort in not believing something until I know there is good reason to warrant that belief.

Meh, there's a difference between outright believing something you don't know and having a hunch. Sure, I don't know for certain what the reason was, does it smell like shit and would I be surprised if this was Spotify's doing? Yes it does and I would not be at all. I certainly think the list of names itself implies intention from some party, if Joe was involved in that than he's fallen farther than I thought.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Meh, there's a difference between outright believing something you don't know and having a hunch.
Of course there is. Nothing I've said disputes that. I've gone through great lengths to explicitly point out that difference in our conversations.

Sure, I don't know for certain what the reason was, does it smell like shit and would I be surprised if this was Spotify's doing? Yes it does and I would not be at all. I certainly think the list of names itself implies intention from some party, if Joe was involved in that than he's fallen farther than I thought.
The pattern is suspicious, but for now, that's all it is - suspicious. Suspicion can justifiably warrant some outrage, but save the rest of your righteous anger until you can confirm at least a few more details. I would think Rogan's history up until now at least warrants some benefit of the doubt, don't you think?

TTOOLL

Surprisingly interesting talk with Miley.
And holy shit at Joe going on about young stars being fucked up and having a lot of problems lol

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The pattern is suspicious, but for now, that's all it is - suspicious. Suspicion can justifiably warrant some outrage, but save the rest of your righteous anger until you can confirm at least a few more details. I would think Rogan's history up until now at least warrants some benefit of the doubt, don't you think?

I don't see any way this wasn't an intentional move by him or someone above him and neither sits very well with me, the list of names was too specific for it to be a mistake.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
i'd like to see jones on again at some point, peterson, redban ...

Wait, was Redban also blocked from the Spotify move? I'd hate to see an end to him being the first guest of the New Year like he's been the last few. Those were some pretty chill podcasts.

Meh, there's a difference between outright believing something you don't know and having a hunch. Sure, I don't know for certain what the reason was, does it smell like shit and would I be surprised if this was Spotify's doing? Yes it does and I would not be at all. I certainly think the list of names itself implies intention from some party, if Joe was involved in that than he's fallen farther than I thought.
Dude, let it rest. You start sounding like a bitter old man.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Miley was decent. I'm not really a fan, but I ended up watching the whole thing (eventually).

It's nice to know that there are famous people out there who are self aware enough to know how fucked up Hollywood is and are at least trying to put their own house in order.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
the lack of availability of past episodes bums me out

it's a shame you can't like buy the archives on DVD or something like you can with old movies and tv shows they butcher on streaming services

this whole thing is so dangerous, yet it really is the future. im hesitant to see what JRE becomes from this point moving forward

If you consider this to be a problem, there are tools to download videos from Youtube. Granted it's a big effort and you'll need a lot of storage but those tools exist - you could then share them via torrent.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Jesus Christ i was not expecting miley cyrus to sound like that.
She is an actress has been since the Mouse. She can adopt whatever voice she wants and this is her Joe Rogan voice I guess.

Not gonna watch cos I can’t stand her or her family proof the music industry is and has always been shit

Last edited:

mango drank

Nice. I've started listening to Lex's podcast as well, and been really enjoying it. His guests are people I'd often not get to hear any other way.
I've been listening to Lex's podcast way more than Rogan's lately. I usually do this while I'm working, and unfortunately, unlike with Rogan's podcast, it's much harder for me to pay only partial attention to Lex's stuff, since it's so much brainier. I'll often "finish" an episode only to think, "Wow, that sounded like it would've been really interesting. I should play it again soon and actually pay attention this time."

Ememee

I listened to the Miley one when it dropped and I wanted to dislike her but I just couldn’t. She’s a real one. There’s something endearing about how she’s sort of trashy? And is so self aware. Strangely related a lot in regards to addiction, having been controlled by your emotions and relationship ish. It was basically her therapy session but it was entertaining.

Listening to the Mike one and maaaaaan I love Mike. Something surreal about having been a kid and viewing this guy as a larger than life Warrior Killer and, while still frightening, now he’s this vulnerable, humble, lovable guy. I was running my daily miles when Mike started talking about our door running: “The high you get from out door running is almost worth messing up your joints”. I literally screamed fuck yeah. When I started running again diligently three years ago I remember reading I was doing as many miles as Mike use to do when training. To know he’s running again, in shape, mentally and emotionally prepared for the upcoming fight is just all kinds of good feels, man.

Lex coming soon hell yeah

I stumbled upon Lex cause of him being on JRE, and I really really like his podcast and his general persona. What a great and humble guy.

Unfollowed Joe on instagram and youtube, my jre experience is over.
Ah, come on. It's not that bad ->yet.
Let's see what happens in the future with the new studio.

Amazing!
It's just difficult for me to find all that time to watch those guest I find interesting, and even less all of them like some of you do.

Only problem with Lex Fridman is that he’s boring af

Dude is so flat it’s like Cunth Cunth mom sat on him
Yeah, that along with his nerdy black suit irritated me in the beginning as well.
He knows how to ask the right questions on his guests, though.
With guests from the scientific community, you get a lot more out of it in his podcast than on Rogans.

HoodWinked

Ya pretty much nailed it with Lex he's kind of dull as a host but also good at asking questions I remember he was talking to a CPU designer and knowing his engineering background knew he likely already knew the answer but asked so the audience would get better context.

Last edited:
Top Bottom