• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

frostyxc

Never let purple hairs control your platform.
Say what, now?

dameedne.jpg

daveonezero

Banned
Yeah that is very disappointing. At least he isn’t being a cock tease anymore and just chose his side.

him going to a more open and free platform (He could have made his own 24/7 streaming network) was an option. Instead he made a deal with another devil.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
In what way?
Unwatchable on video for starters. My retinas burn after about 5 seconds.

The guests in 2020 have been some of his worst in recent years. Doesn’t record as many as he used to lately and potential loss of control and not allowing specific guests to come on anymore which would be another ding.

Unwatchable on video for starters. My retinas burn after about 5 seconds.

The guests in 2020 have been some of his worst in recent years. Doesn’t record as many as he used to lately and potential loss of control and not allowing specific guests to come on anymore which would be another ding.
Hey, Douglas Murray was a great episode. I agree with the retina-burning set, and content choices, though.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Hey, Douglas Murray was a great episode. I agree with the retina-burning set, and content choices, though.
Douglas Murray was great. I liked the Snowden one. He's going to still get really good guests, but overall I'd put his 2020 year well behind any of the last 3 years prior at least.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You might be right, but it's also been a very weird year. That being said, I expect to be disappointed with the post-Spotify output.
I didn't at first, but now I do. Something clearly has changed. The missing episodes, that public apology which was very un Rogan like. He usually just apologizes on his podcast very casually and moves on and he doesn't release these over the top videos on social media. His attitude was always "don't listen to me, I'm a moron" and then he goes "I'm so sorry it'll never happen again." It does feel like Spotify has him by the balls.

If just one podcast of his is edited or we find out part of his deal was not allowing certain guests on the show anymore, I'll never listen to another episode of his podcast again. And going by the comment sections of youtube and reddit, I won't be alone on that.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was a bad interview. It was pretty obvious what they were going to discuss with all of the vegan meat and robot stuff behind her. I would rather see more triggering guests just to see how Spotify responds though.

dcll

Banned
I skip the comedian episodes and I see NYT in the description I would have to assume she is awful. I would guess if she was even traditional liberal or not woke/sjw she would have been pushed out

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I skip the comedian episodes and I see NYT in the description I would have to assume she is awful. I would guess if she was even traditional liberal or not woke/sjw she would have been pushed out
What kind of person does this sound like to you?

TrainedRage

Banned
Joe brought up a great point about the election. If Joe Biden was a Republican can you imagine the left rabidly attacking his mental capacity? They would. But as he is the Democratic candidate you CANT say anything about his age or mental wellbeing. So funny.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Joe brought up a great point about the election. If Joe Biden was a Republican can you imagine the left rabidly attacking his mental capacity? They would. But as he is the Democratic candidate you CANT say anything about his age or mental wellbeing. So funny.
Trump's mental capacity is already being attacked. He got called stupid exponentially more often after throwing his hat in conservative politics when previous it was mostly just "rich asshole". Same with Dubya. And Reagan.

Erdrick

Listening to the new one today with Bridget. Never heard of her before but I like her attitude. Actually comes off as genuinely funny.

showernota

Quillette is a pretty okay rag from what I've seen. Federalist writers have written for HuffPo too. I empathize with your attitude, but don't let it restrict you from potentially good stuff. (y)

HoodWinked

with the left trying to cancel him for saying antifa helped spread wildfires, spotify actively trying to censor him and him having several consecutive guests that are either right or sympathetic to the right, they're probably going to double down their efforts on calling Rogan alt-right.

PSlayer

Frank A. Von Hippel is an expert in ecotoxicology: the study of how pollutants impact human health and the environment at large. A professor at Northern Arizona University, Von Hippel is the author of The Chemical Age: How Chemists Fought Famine and Disease, Killed Millions, and Changed Our Relationship with the Earth, and the host of The Science History Podcast.

I know it's from two days ago but i'm watching right now and nobody posted here so here it is.

JimiNutz

Banned
Fuck I need to catch up, haven't listened to any of the Spotify shit yet.

What's GAFs top 3 of the Spotify era as a starting point?

I saw that Tim Kennedy has been on so will def listen to that.
I usually like the Duncan Trussell episodes as well but 5 hours is a long fucking time - is it worth listening to it all?
How was the Iron Mike episode?

Any other episode recommendations?

Top Bottom