• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

INC

This spotify deal has just about killed my interest in the podcast.
Youtube was my lazy way of digesting it, mostly via clips

I wonder if listenership is suffering. I can't be the only one.

Nope, I'm in the same boat. Fuck Spotify, the other thing I find insidious, is the fact they're making older podcasts private on YouTube

I know its a 100m, but dam Joe, you sold out

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Welp. Spotify got to him. Joe' s a soy boy now

F

dJcyR00.jpeg

teezzy

Banned
This spotify deal has just about killed my interest in the podcast.
Youtube was my lazy way of digesting it, mostly via clips

I wonder if listenership is suffering. I can't be the only one.

I like Joe Rogan and have a paid Spotify account

I can't be bothered to go there to listen/watch. JRE was always a Youtube video deal for me. Put it on in the background while I cleaned house or something

This is... less than ideal. Maybe I'll try it out on the Xbox app or something

Shame, really

pel1300

Joe more honest about COVID on the Alex Jones show. Said that people in California are overly scared of it compared to in Texas.

Also said toddlers should not be growing up this way.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Unrelated. Sort of, but Tim Pool did a live show with Alex Jones last night. It was fucking hilarious and peak AJ. Did anyone catch it?

I hate JRE on Spotify. It doesn't have to be this way though.

1. Make some type of notification system so I know when a podcast is out.
2. Allow spotify to play videos on my fucking tv. Right now literally the only option is screen sharing my phone and it's fucking retarded that that's the only option to watch a video podcast on Spotify on something other than my phone itself.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Finally a good one. The last handful bored me to tears I just couldn't get into them. I thought the astronaut was going to interest me, but I was just bored by it.

It's like that one cunt who plays guitar badly that always brings it to perform at parties when you're a teen.
Haha.
I remember that dude so well.
His name was "Pepe" (actually Peter) in our circle of friends.
And he always played the same lame shit like "Patience" from GnR and singing to it, just for getting girls.

teezzy

Banned
How you guys watching these lately? Spotify app on mobile/desktop?

I'm super bummed the Xbox app hasn't added a video option yet. Spotify needs to get their act together

manfestival

I want to watch his latest stuff but I can't stand sitting through like 6 commercials that are each a minute plus just to start his podcast. I tried like 3 times and... I want to support and all but... not like this.

TrainedRage

Banned
I have stopped watching Rogan due to missing speed settings on Spotify.
Huh. I not only can easily skip the ads but can change the speed of the podcast as well.

I feel like some people just haven’t used Spotify very much compared to YouTube. It’s literally the exact same thing without a comment section.

Last edited:

manfestival

Huh. I not only can easily skip the ads but can change the speed of the podcast as well.

I feel like some people just haven’t used Spotify very much compared to YouTube. It’s literally the exact same thing without a comment section.
hooooold up. I can speed through the commercials?! Thank you for this revelation good sir. I used to use the spotify a ton 2-4 years ago but I stopped. I didn't use it extensively to any capacity either

TrainedRage

Banned
hooooold up. I can speed through the commercials?! Thank you for this revelation good sir. I used to use the spotify a ton 2-4 years ago but I stopped. I didn't use it extensively to any capacity either
So at the beginning of the podcast you can literally scroll to the end of every ad and get right to the podcast. Typically 3 of em.

I'm surprised no one has ripped it and upped it on youtube yet. but yeah, i don't like it on spotify. why the fuck doesn't sort by ALL EPISODES show all episodes including the unplayed ones?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

This was unexpected, but a full episode hit YouTube. They weren’t supposed to anymore. I don’t know if anything changed or if certain episodes Spotify won’t have exclusive rights to.

Erdrick

I've liked his past few guests over the week as I tend to prefer when he has fellow comedians on over some hipster soy creatures like some of the first few ones he had at the beginning of December. I'd prefer to be able to just download and listen to them on my own, but I don't really want to pay for Spotify and I can't download them via his podcast site anymore, obviously. If anything else, his Podcast has gotten me into a lot of other people via it. (Bret Weinstein, Bill Burr, Bridget Phetasy, Jocko Willinck, are some of my favourites.)

Really have gotten into podcasts this past year. Love them.

buizel

Banned
Yeah, this will get taken done so I better watch it first.

I can't believe the fucking ps5 Spotify app doesn't have video playback. It's retarded.

Like someone said though I haven't been super interested in the guests anyway.

nor does ps4, not does my android tv. VERY COOOOL.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've found his last few episodes just a total bore. Maybe I'm alone in that. I listened to about 20 minutes each and none of the episodes captured me. I thought I'd like the Scientology one, but I didn't.

Some of their professions I find interesting, but I just don't think make for a good podcast, especially one 3 hours long.

The majority of podcasts have sucked and I don't think it helps that he's seemingly building a backlog because one of the best parts of JRE was talking about current events. How long is going to be before he talks about capitol hill?

I liked the Tony Hinchcliffe podcast but he put it out December 30th and they mentioned it being like the 4th or some time way early in the month during it. I will listen to the Mark Normand one later. It seems like there's maybe 1 a week that I actually want to listen to. Way down to when I would listen/watch 3 or more a week. I just wish I could watch video podcasts on my TV. I'd be more willing to give people I know nothing about a chance if I could.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think the difference is aside from the special guests the locals in Texas are much less suited for podcast than the local LA guests. In LA the “walk in” guests are all comedians and entertainers. In Texas he’s getting more guests who reside in Texas and he just has less access to more highly entertaining people who can hold a 3 hour podcast.

I think the move to Texas has hurt the podcast more than the move to Spotify has.

And I never get notifications from Spotify for whatever reason, I checked and have them enabled.

Last edited:

PSlayer

Just found this podcast while watching joe rogan`s:

Matthew McConaughey (actor, producer, and best-selling author of Greenlights) sits down with Jordan B. Peterson to talk about Matthew’s new book, his upbringing, his relationships with his mother and father, his journey to being at peace with his fame, what it’s like to play malevolent or dark characters in movies or on television, and a surprising satirical review of Greenlights.

Top Bottom