• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think it definitely has to be centered around him leaving Youtube. Joe has always said he has plenty of money he doesn't do this for the money. I mean of course money plays a part, but it's not like this deal will change his life.

I guarantee he hates what's going on at Youtube, was potentially threatened by Youtube to pull his channel after talking about wanting to restart the economy because of COVID, and he probably said enough is enough, we can't do anything on Youtube anymore without being paranoid. You hear it during the episodes, he's always like "Hey, Jamie pull up... oh wait nevermind our channel is gonna get pulled.."

If he did this to stick it to Youtube, good for him.

TrainedRage

Banned
I really hope that he goes back to doing live podcasts and videos. Hopefully now that he doesn’t have to worry about copyright strikes and bullshit censorship he can make the show more like it used to be.

if I didn’t have Spotify premiumI would be kinda pissed tho. YouTube fucked up big time!

mortal

Gold Member
really hope that he goes back to doing live podcasts and videos. Hopefully now that he doesn’t have to worry about copyright strikes and bullshit censorship he can make the show more like it used to be.
That's honestly the potential upside to this. I'd imagine Spotify won't try to fuck him, otherwise he wouldn't have signed that deal.
Congrats to them though, and Jamie better secure that raise lol

Skyr

I really hope that he goes back to doing live podcasts and videos. Hopefully now that he doesn’t have to worry about copyright strikes and bullshit censorship he can make the show more like it used to be.

if I didn’t have Spotify premiumI would be kinda pissed tho. YouTube fucked up big time!
Are live streams even possible on spotify? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Hans Bubby

Banned

He said the reason they stopped doing it live was because of people making clips of each podcast before the show was even over so I doubt he will go back to doing it live.

entremet

It must be a lot of money. YT is a fantastic platform for exposure, but it doesn't pay much anymore. I hate Spotify and I don't listen to all his episodes. I mostly check out his more interesting guest, such as scientists and comedians.

Not that likely at all if I’m trying to guess honestly.

If you can record memories you can then probably share them with other peoples. In the Shadowrun universe this concept is the basis for a futuristic drug called BTLs (Better Than Life). If you think people choosing not to work and be NEETs is a problem now, wait till they can experience what it's like to be someone who is doing way more exciting things than what you will ever do. Why have sex when you can experience sex from the position of someone that is way more attractive and better at it, having sex with someone who is way more attractive than anyone who would have sex with you? We could create a drug that would cause large numbers of people to fall out of society because these experiences are better than anything they are likely to experience, and the cost would probably be quite cheap at some point.

Then there are the inevitable black markets such technology would create. Sure, it would be legal to buy other peoples sexual memories/experiences, but what about when those experiences are of illegal acts? Wanna know what it feels like to kill someone? What about sexual acts that are illegal? The future of this technology if it really comes out will be absolutely crazy. If you are concerned about kids getting online and seeing content they should not see now, what about when they can download the memories of serial killers?

TTOOLL

Wow, that's HUGE! And expect since he had problems with YouTube.
Actually, YT is a terrible platform now if you think about freedom.

asustitan

Banned
Joe's gotta be well off from 8million subscribers, sure a wider audience would be more important to having a few more million than his millions.

TTOOLL

Joe's gotta be well off from 8million subscribers, sure a wider audience would be more important to having a few more million than his millions.
How many of those 8 million already use Spotify? More than half? How many will start using because of this? A lot, I believe.

Ememee

Pretty shocking.

at the same time, YouTubes been fucking up all-around so as much as it bums me out, I’m also kind of glad someone with a channel of his notoriety is sticking it to YT.

So..Spotify is free, right?

DKehoe

Spotify would be smart to keep posting some videos, even just highlights, to YouTube. Seems like a lot of people discover it that way and makes it easy for people to share with friends.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Never like anything he has done very much.
giphy.gif

TTOOLL

I'm still processing the news. Can you imagina YouTube HQ receiving this news? Joe has been pretty disappointed with them, if you are a regular you know that. Also, I hated when they stopped showing parts of what they watch during the interviews due to copyright claims I guess. It's all on YouTube. Fuck them.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Also, I hated when they stopped showing parts of what they watch during the interviews due to copyright claims I guess.
Yeah, if they're finally able to actually show what they're reacting to on screen for more than a millisecond at a time, it'll be a great quality of life improvement.

entremet

Pretty shocking.

at the same time, YouTubes been fucking up all-around so as much as it bums me out, I’m also kind of glad someone with a channel of his notoriety is sticking it to YT.

So..Spotify is free, right?
Content creators used to be able to make a living on YT alone. YT then messed around with the payment schemes and monetization, so that's why everyone is doing Patreons or in-video sponsorship--Ray Cons lol.

The truth is YT prefers the big corporatized content over the hustling content creators.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Maybe then he can "name Voldemort", too without the Sword of Automated Damocles hanging over the heads of content creators.

What's your suggestion? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I mean I'm not the most witty but it should involve his Boss in some form.

Last edited:
Top Bottom