• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

I used to like Pakman, but he kind of sold out to become an Orange Man Bad voicebox. Him and Seder dissing on Jimmy Dore for being against the russiagate narrative is when I realized he went down the wrong path. I wonder if he ever ate crow over that or not.

Tony Hawk seems like a good dude. Didn't let the detractors get him down and reached the pinnacle of his sport, good on him. He was pretty good on Steve-O's podcast recently too.

Tony Hawk seems like a good dude. Didn't let the detractors get him down and reached the pinnacle of his sport, good on him. He was pretty good on Steve-O's podcast recently too.
Would have liked if he told a bit more about his fellow skaters (Caballero, Mountain, Guerrero, McGill etc) and the kind of stuff he experienced with them back in the day..

But yeah, nice interview.

It's weird though, if you are now 30 years later and these people who were your idols when you were a kid are still around and kicking..

daveonezero

Banned
I will TRY and watch the soy. But its gonna take a lot of weed. Also go to the fucking show you pussy.
I didn't know about him until recently. Since then have been curious about this guy. Then I saw he was on JRE a while back. I just don't understand this guy and how he has an opinion on anything. He doesn't understand anything. and does next to 0 critical thinking on subjects.

I'm 20 min in and rogan is completely blanking or forgetting what he said on the fight cast and with Joel Salatin.

1 hour in. This dude Packman just wants to not get his feelings hurt. I can't stand that argument.

Last edited:
Listening to this now at work. I love these episodes when he gets these folks on with fresh ideas and are doing some real positive changes to break up these centralized aspects of society that just aren't working. plus..FOOD.

I am not an expert on the subject, I’m really not an expert on anything really, but it really does seem like every aspect of food (how we consume it, how it’s produced, how it’s sold, etc) can be re-examined and improved upon.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
The pakman and Tony hawk episodes were really good. The recent Tim pool episode was nice too -- seemed more level headed than his usual outraged persona.. Much more pleasant ⛱

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
We do not allow Joe Rogan or his content to have a platform here. Thread locked.
Joe Rogan discovers a cure for cancer:

"We do not allow Joe Rogan or his content to have a platform here."

"Um... he just found a cure that will save millions of lives, I think he's outdone whatever negatives he's done."

Banned(Permanent): Inflammatory comparisons, whataboutisms, supporting bigotry.

kbear

Joe Rogan discovers a cure for cancer:

"We do not allow Joe Rogan or his content to have a platform here."

"Um... he just found a cure that will save millions of lives, I think he's outdone whatever negatives he's done."

Banned(Permanent): Inflammatory comparisons, whataboutisms, supporting bigotry.

WDbv5CD.gif

Does anyone have a link to Alex Jones' video spilling the beans on Rogan's decision to leave YouTube?

Apparently Alex was exaggerating his conversation with Joe and Rogan actually called up Tim Pool's show to clarify it. That's also why Alex took the video down.

The basic summary is that he got a really good deal from Spotify and he is concerned about censorship, but he's not on some warpath. Alex wants Joe to go on the warpath and was sort of fanfictioning the conversation.

teezzy

Banned
I'm so appreciative of JRE and the world it's created. I've heard the show joked about as being "Oprah for men", and even if there is some truth to that - so be it. The show is consistently inspiring towards bettering oneself and Joe seems like such a sincere, passionate dude that he deserves every ounce of acclaim he has mustered. Good on him for cashing in with Spotify. Dude has earned it.

so yeah, looks like the contract buy was a great deal for spot and joe

many billions turned over in their cap, google must be pissed

The more time goes on the more i think google and disney dont care so much about the money but influencing people and winning a culture war.

I'm sure there are plenty within youtube happy Joe will leave, who else is so big with such a mainstream reach who is vocal about pushing back on crazy lefties?

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Callen and Shaub said the rumored amounts aren't even close, Joe told them how much money the deal is worth, and jokingly said they asked Rogan to buy them boats on their podcast. I don't know what rumors they were referring to, but if they were referring to the WSJ article, sounds like it's a lot more than 100 million.

We do not allow Joe Rogan or his content to have a platform here. Thread locked.
The best part is how Spotify gave him $100 million to be on their platform.

So who has more influence? Spotify or Ree? Help me out here guys, I'm really trying to weigh this in my mind right now. :messenger_moon:

This Joel Salatin one is fire btw. :messenger_fire:

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Callen and Shaub said the rumored amounts aren't even close, Joe told them how much money the deal is worth, and jokingly said they asked Rogan to buy them boats on their podcast. I don't know what rumors they were referring to, but if they were referring to the WSJ article, sounds like it's a lot more than 100 million.

I think it was closer to 200 million. Shaub got a big mouth

entremet

I'm an ERA homer but I don't get locking a thread about him getting a huge newsworthy deal lol. That's very discussion-worthy in terms of the financial implications of the podcast medium.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm an ERA homer but I don't get locking a thread about him getting a huge newsworthy deal lol. That's very discussion-worthy in terms of the financial implications of the podcast medium.
Forced compliance, forced ideology. They're right and no one else can disagree, and then locking threads gives them the power to feel they're right.

down 2 orth

Apparently Alex was exaggerating his conversation with Joe and Rogan actually called up Tim Pool's show to clarify it. That's also why Alex took the video down.

The basic summary is that he got a really good deal from Spotify and he is concerned about censorship, but he's not on some warpath. Alex wants Joe to go on the warpath and was sort of fanfictioning the conversation.

Oh I see, thanks for the explanation.

teezzy

Banned
Second Kevin Hart pod is off to a great start. Dude really is super motivational. I've never really watched his movies or standup but I love him on Rogan.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I love how Joe Rogan and Russell Brand get on so well.

A hunter and a vegan actually having a civilised discussion. Both seeing each other's perspectives.
They both approach their lifestyle choices from the same place. Both of them hate animal abuse and the factory farm industry. Both subsistence hunting and veganism work to combat that.

Top Bottom