• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm not an MMA fan, so I never watch the MMA shows. I'll watch some fight companion ones though because a lot of them are just friends gathered shootin the shit.

Ornlu

Banned
I'm not an MMA fan, so I never watch the MMA shows. I'll watch some fight companion ones though because a lot of them are just friends gathered shootin the shit.

You're missing out, brother! It's a great sport to get into if you like individual (not teams) athletics.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You're missing out, brother! It's a great sport to get into if you like individual (not teams) athletics.
I tried, it's just not my thing. I could never get into golf or tennis either, though of the 3 I prefer tennis if I had to pick.

I love the 4 major sports but could never get into individual sports. Though I did like boxing back in the day when Tyson was at his peak, but it still was far behind the 4 majors for me.

The talented Reggie Watts is back on JRE today, talking space, riots, UFO sightings, all sorts of shit

Reggie Watts is a musician, singer, beatboxer, actor, and comedian. His improvised musical sets are created using only his voice, a keyboard, and a looping machine. He is also currently the announcer and band leader on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

----------

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Krystal and Saagar are great. They’ve been tearing the Democrats a new one recently. They’re show on YouTube is the kind of alt media I can get behind.

It's pretty much a constant stream of K&S and Jimmy Dore for me. They're both great.

But I actually thought that while they seem extremely charming, it was a relatively bad podcast unfortunately. Krystal's stance on the riots is one of the worst opinions I've ever heard her argue, and that's basically all they talked about. Kind of a shame since I agree with her like 99.9% of the time usually. And they didn't get into as much off topic random shit for fun like DMT. Still glad they're getting some exposure though, because their show is great.

Going to enjoy this one. I like how they start off talking about the talking heads and the memo readers. One day I heard three different people on three different news shows pop the line "How will they explain this to their grandchildren?" And by the third time I heard it, I was at home and laughing. Nobody understood why I was laughing, but every one of those schmucks delivered the same line in the same way. It was hard not to laugh at how pathetic it all was.

Davey Cakes

It's pretty much a constant stream of K&S and Jimmy Dore for me. They're both great.

But I actually thought that while they seem extremely charming, it was a relatively bad podcast unfortunately. Krystal's stance on the riots is one of the worst opinions I've ever heard her argue, and that's basically all they talked about. Kind of a shame since I agree with her like 99.9% of the time usually. And they didn't get into as much off topic random shit for fun like DMT. Still glad they're getting some exposure though, because their show is great.
I disagree with her on the riots and "putting out the fire." She framed it too much in the long term when clearly, as Joe conveyed, there's immediate action against rioters/looters/anarchists that's necessary which requires more than just local law enforcement. The sentiment is good, but unrealistic.

That said, I'm over halfway through the podcast and that's the only point where I was like, ehhh. Enjoying the rest.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I haven't watched it yet. What was the main thing you disagreed with?

I disagree with her on the riots and "putting out the fire." She framed it too much in the long term when clearly, as Joe conveyed, there's immediate action against rioters/looters/anarchists that's necessary which requires more than just local law enforcement. The sentiment is good, but unrealistic.

That said, I'm over halfway through the podcast and that's the only point where I was like, ehhh. Enjoying the rest.

I agree about Ball as well. Joe's statement about the looting though is fucking weird.

Ememee

I really enjoyed the episode with K&S. Rising is one of the few literal rare news I can stomach today.

I thought Sagaar came off waaaaaaay better than Krystal. I like her and I think she’s smart and clear sighted about certain things but I disagreed with her throughout the episode. Especially in regards to cops/military use against “the peaceful protestors” whilst literally not being able to provide a clear and immediate solution when pressed upon.

But either way, I appreciated it for being long-formed discussion about current events with agreements, disagreements, while remaining respectful. That’s what we need most of all right now and are getting literally the least of.

also it was adorable to see Sagaar marking out and fanboying for Joe throughout.

Davey Cakes

Krystal and Saagar are respectively left-leaning and right-leaning with a lot of crossover from what I can tell, and even then they have a show together that's universally appealing. Seeing both the disagreements and agreements in this podcast is a reminder that, even when opinions differ on particular subjects, civil discussion is possible without spewing hate and venom.

Funny, I imagine most regular people are capable of this type of discourse. I want to say that Gen X and Millenials are especially capable of it considering that they're responsible for the "new left" and the "new right" that are breaking from traditional political leanings, but I'm sure there are people from all over the spectrum who can relate.

It's the political machine and the corporate media that are pitting folks against each other, and it only gets worse when a mass of individuals from completely different backgrounds, living situations, and perspectives meet on social platforms without regard to context. Twitter is a fucking hellscape right now.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned
Sucks to see them tapdancing around the riots and rioters as much as they were; but not surprising. Joe + Krystal are both somewhere on a Progressive spectrum, and Saagar ultimately seems to defer to Krystal in all things while still getting his views out.

teezzy

Banned

Fantastic clip. Perfect example of just how motivational and insightful this show can be at time without the slightest whiff of pretense.

Super excited for the Spotify move. Anything which further legitimizes the program is for the better. Spotify is one where I'd assume Rogan can maintain his creative control also.

I want Bezos on the show

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Rogan’s podcast always helps me relax during crazy times, I hope he gets more guests on to discuss the craziness and of course mixing in some episodes where him and his friends just bullshit around.

That’s why I love the show, it never gets stale because they don’t discuss the same stuff every episode.

Would love Sam Harris on again soon.

Tesseract

Banned
Krystal and Saagar are respectively left-leaning and right-leaning with a lot of crossover from what I can tell, and even then they have a show together that's universally appealing. Seeing both the disagreements and agreements in this podcast is a reminder that, even when opinions differ on particular subjects, civil discussion is possible without spewing hate and venom.

Funny, I imagine most regular people are capable of this type of discourse. I want to say that Gen X and Millenials are especially capable of it considering that they're responsible for the "new left" and the "new right" that are breaking from traditional political leanings, but I'm sure there are people from all over the spectrum who can relate.

It's the political machine and the corporate media that are pitting folks against each other, and it only gets worse when a mass of individuals from completely different backgrounds, living situations, and perspectives meet on social platforms without regard to context. Twitter is a fucking hellscape right now.

hope so, it's a struggle

Top Bottom