• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joel Schumacher’s Batman Forever - A Misunderstood Masterpiece (video)

Have you guys seen the Michael Keaton Batman Forever suit prototypes which were made before he dropped out of the project?
michael-keaton-batman-3-1_0.jpg

michael-keaton-batman-3-3.jpg

It was originally going to have Michael Keaton, Renee Russo, and Robin Williams as Riddler.

levyjl1988

Banned
In retrospect, we got The Dark Knight Trilogy, Joker, and the upcoming The Batman movie. Haters can STFU we got masterpiece movies, it took time, but we got there. No need to harass such classic titles. These movies came out when I was a dumb kid who didn't have critical thinking skills, The Dark Knight trilogy movies came out during a time I developed them. I don't understand haters. It takes time and feedback to get the formula just right, also there is a different Batman for everyone, from different ages and art style like Spider-man.

kunonabi

Have you guys seen the Michael Keaton Batman Forever suit prototypes which were made before he dropped out of the project?
michael-keaton-batman-3-1_0.jpg

michael-keaton-batman-3-3.jpg

It was originally going to have Michael Keaton, Renee Russo, and Robin Williams as Riddler.
Goddamn talk about downgrades. Keaton,Russo, Williams, and Billy Dee would have been freaking aces.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Writer/producer Akiva Goldsman saw the original cut recently:

"And by the way, Batman Forever still has a renaissance coming, I really am interested to see whether the original cut of Batman Forever comes out. Because I got to see it recently, the very first one, which was referred to as Preview Cut One. And it was really dark, it was a pretty psychological exploration of guilt and shame."

I hope this means that WB is thinking about releasing it.

#ReleaseTheSchumacherCut :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom