• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Carpenter sums up my opinion of Nintendo Labo

Killer751

Banned

These kinds of videos always make me laugh.

But wow, does Labo truly not work that well? I haven't tried it yet, but that's because no one I know has used it. How badly did it bomb? Does anyone know?

Codes 208

How does this sum up your opinion when youve never tried it?

Oh wait, n/m this is just another one of your "i hate nintendo" threads

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No Codes 208 Codes 208 nintendo labo cardboard is pretty fucking shit.
Not everything nintendo makes is golden.

It's ok for them to make a few duds.
It won't make me care less about my nintendo switch.
I just want that shit not close to the games i like. Mario kart 8 deluxe for example.

Codes 208

No Codes 208 Codes 208 nintendo labo cardboard is pretty fucking shit.
Not everything nintendo makes is golden.
In a normal conversation i'd agree but his post history speaks for itself. Its no coincidence this is like his fifth or sixth thread about a nintendo product/ip in a deragatory form

Stuart360

Is this something you really need to try to know it sucks?, i dont think so.
Love John Carpenter by the way.

Codes 208

Is this something you really need to try to know it sucks?, i dont think so.
Love John Carpenter by the way.
Read my second post for clarification. I lost interest in labo because ive had nothing but mediocre things. I mean its not tediously bad and the concept was neat, but execution and pricing sucks. But that was my point, all of killer's threads are about nintendo's "failures" to stir up flame wars.

Last edited:

God Enel

Actually whats the opinion of labo? I dont mind the hate. Its kinda funny. And to a certain extent hes right. (I love nintendo)

Codes 208

Actually whats the opinion of labo? I dont mind the hate. Its kinda funny. And to a certain extent hes right. (I love nintendo)
Its ok. Some of the mini games are kind fun but at the same time forgettable. Though i do sometimes use the bike setup for mario kart for shits and giggles when i have friends over

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It's not a bad product, they just priced it wrong..

Iaterain

There are already 3 Labo games on Switch it makes a "Labo Trilogy". Nintendo is very creative and brave, but I hope it is the last piece of cardboard
and instead of making the 4th Labo game, they would focus on more "traditional" games that people are asking them since the launch of Switch.

SonGoku

I love Nintendo but labo looks stupid af, its only redeemable quality is being a good distraction for kids but its waaay overpriced for cardboard
They should of made $5 and $10 kits max

Jc wrote and scored many of his movies and came up with some killer music using experimental tools (at the time)....if he says its fucked them I'm not second guessing it.

jts

...hate me...
The video is obviously written in a humorous way with any edgy over the top tone for added comedic effect, it isn't a serious review whatsoever. The piano, while just an element of many in that particular kit, is not a Steinway & Sons, but it is impressive in its own way and how you bring it up to life from cardboard yourself, from all accounts.

At the same time people DO make incredible things with it and I actually am hoping to grab a kit myself, price has been the only barrier so far.

Last edited:
The video is obviously written in a humorous way with any edgy over the top tone for added comedic effect, it isn't a serious review whatsoever. The piano, while just an element of many in that particular kit, is not a Steinway & Sons, but it is impressive in its own way and how you bring it up to life from cardboard yourself, from all accounts.

At the same time people DO make incredible things with it and I actually am hoping to grab a kit myself, price has been the only barrier so far.

It took just 17 posts to destroy OP's "opinion".

New record.

Last edited:

Killer751

Banned
Hey OP, what's your opinion on Microsoft and Sony?

I reasonably like both. I seem to jump and forth between them every generation. I expect Microsoft to dominate next gen, at least when it comes to the streaming service. They're both great choices: You can't go wrong with either.

petran79

Banned
Of course it sucks but it is unbelievable that it costs 2/3rds of the price of a good MIDI controller. Btw what are adults doing promoting or demoting Nintendo toys. I want to see the kids doing it!

Hudo

I reasonably like both. I seem to jump and forth between them every generation. I expect Microsoft to dominate next gen, at least when it comes to the streaming service. They're both great choices: You can't go wrong with either.
That is fair. I hope that Microsoft regain their footing next gen, as I don't like the direction Sony took with the PS4 (aside from the terrible build quality). I was just asking because I noticed that you had a tendency of being fairly negative about Nintendo(?) and I was just wondering why that is (if it is the case). Nintendo are far from perfect, I admit that, the Wii U was a dud and they still do weird things from time to time. But the Switch is (surprisingly) my most used console this gen. (I still play on PC more but not by a huge margin).

On Nintendo Labo, I would agree that it could've been more thought through. But it's still interesting that this product exists at all and that Nintendo seem to have some success with it. Personally, I would've probably tried to get a cooperation with Lego going and go from there.

DESTROYA

I don't like the direction Sony took with the PS4 (aside from the terrible build quality)
What exactly is wrong with the direction Sony took with the PS4? And now they have terrible build quality?
Sony is killing it this gen and while the Xbox consoles might have slightly better build quality I would not call Sony’s terrible.
On topic:
While Labo might not be for you I got to give Nintendo credit for thinking outside the box:messenger_winking_tongue:
It’s neat but it is pricey.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I love Nintendo but labo looks stupid af, its only redeemable quality is being a good distraction for kids but its waaay overpriced for cardboard
They should of made $5 and $10 kits max
I know this is a moot point now since op has already been banned, but did you read my second and/or third post? Its less about the quality and more about the constant attempts of trying to rile up shit wars for nintendo fans

Last edited:
I know this is a moot argument since op has already been banned, but did you read my second and/or third post?

Sorry, but your argument is flawed. It is perfectly sensible to be able to judge a product without having to purchase it. It might be conceptually, it might be grating to a part of the market segment (in a zero-sum manner), it might be based on feedback and watching actual usage, it might be in comparison to similar products, it might be based on historical performance of gimmicks, etc.

This topic itself is fine enough, since it's the John Carpenter video that's the subject and not the (now banned) OP.

Codes 208

Sorry, but your argument is flawed. It is perfectly sensible to be able to judge a product without having to purchase it. It might be conceptually, it might be grating to a part of the market segment (in a zero-sum manner), it might be based on feedback and watching actual usage, it might be in comparison to similar products, it might be based on historical performance of gimmicks, etc.

This topic itself is fine enough, since it's the John Carpenter video that's the subject and not the (now banned) OP.
As ive already said, outside of this conversation I would have agreed. Labo was just a weird experiment. But the motive of the thread was clear given the post history of the OP (im certain youve noticed that this is the same guy who made the kirby killed nintendo, splatoon is a failed new ip, creating games for children is a creqtive dead end, will parents even pay for nintendo online threads)
This thread was even made after a mod told him to knock this shit off with a ban warning.

You want my honest opinion? Labo is shit. It really is just a gimmick. I know because my sister gave me hers and the only use i have for it is for mario kart. But op could have done something more than just trying to trigger nintendo fans due to his excessive hate boner for the company.

But the motive of the thread was clear given the post history of the OP (im certain youve noticed that this is the same guy who made the kirby killed nintendo, splatoon is a failed new ip, creating games for children is a creqtive dead end, will parents even pay for nintendo online threads)
This thread was even made after a mod told him to knock this shit off with a ban warning.

[...]
But op could have done something more than just trying to trigger nintendo fans due to his excessive hate boner for the company.

I wasn't commenting on the OP, who was rightly banned, but rather on the argument you presented.

Then again, we have people here who are overly defensive when it comes to the Switch. I own a Switch, currently own 10 games to it, but whenever someone starts to complain about Nintendo's releases, especially when it comes to 3rd party (1st party has been good imo, though very front loaded as well due to heavy-hitters like Zelda and Mario), fury and accusations of Nintendo hate tends to be brought up.

Vawn

Banned
Another anti-Nintendo thread? How does this guy still have thread making privileges?

Edit: oh nevermind, he was banned. Lol. I knew he wouldn't be able to help himself when told to stop making anti-Nintendo fanboy threads.

Last edited:

Sapiens

I don't like the very idea of Labo - tightly controlling and highly pricing a creative and learning experience for children never sat well with me. Nintendo, please focus on proper games, and stop with the extreme and expensive gimmicks, already. I thought the Switch hardware itself was a signal that nintendo was starting to control their nature to release half baked gimmicks.

Looking forward to 2019 on switch and hoping it's more like 2017. 2018 was such a downer.

Last edited:
Haha banned, thank goodness. I fell for it I must say, I didn't see who created the thread before I clicked on it. At least we don't have to be reading his/her/their threads for a while.

Last edited:

Spukc

I hope the OP is banned cause of his post history.
The video was a fun watch and some ninty fans here need to grow the hell up.
My plastic box is better then yours yada yada yada.

Codes 208

I wasn't commenting on the OP, who was rightly banned, but rather on the argument you presented.

Then again, we have people here who are overly defensive when it comes to the Switch. I own a Switch, currently own 10 games to it, but whenever someone starts to complain about Nintendo's releases, especially when it comes to 3rd party (1st party has been good imo, though very front loaded as well due to heavy-hitters like Zelda and Mario), fury and accusations of Nintendo hate tends to be brought up.
Dont get me wrong, the switch isnt even my favorite system this gen (ps4 is) and they rightfully deserve shade for some of their backwards decisions like omitting virtual console on switch, bringing games like luigis mansion to 3ds instead of switch and porting nsmbwu over literally every other better mario game from the wii u.

But in this context, i find my dislike to the op shitting on nintendo more of an exception than the rule. Because hes done it again and again with sometime no real basis as to why, just does it.
I hope the OP is banned cause of his post history.
The video was a fun watch and some ninty fans here need to grow the hell up.
My plastic box is better then yours yada yada yada.
This seems hypocritical coming from the person who keeps spamming BEAST and spouting the X's superiority in comparison threads...

Spukc

Dont get me wrong, the switch isnt even my favorite system this gen (ps4 is) and they rightfully deserve shade for some of their backwards decisions like omitting virtual console on switch, bringing games like luigis mansion to 3ds instead of switch and porting nsmbwu over literally every other better mario game from the wii u.

But in this context, i find my dislike to the op shitting on nintendo more of an exception than the rule. Because hes done it again and again with sometime no real basis as to why, just does it.
This seems hypocritical coming from the person who keeps spamming BEAST and spouting the X's superiority in comparison threads...

This dumb BEAST and X crap is a running joke for a while now in x threads.
i own all consoles and frankly i don't care at all.
Stop being offended so fast.

Codes 208

This dumb BEAST and X crap is a running joke for a while now in x threads.
i own all consoles and frankly i don't care at all.
Stop being offended so fast.
a.aaa-Im-just-Saiyan.jpg

pr0cs

I'm not much of a Nintendo fan but man the op clearly has an x girl/boyfriend type of mental problem.
If you don't like one of the other gaming platforms, stay the hell out of their thread. You just come off as douchebag, you're not convincing anyone of buyers remorse and really are just being a shithead

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
My kids love Labo. I think it's a genuinely good way to teach kids how software can interact with the real word through simple games.

OP, how's your therapy going?

Stuart360

I'm not saying whether the op deserved to be banned or not, but its interesting how he gets banned, yet TheLastWord continues to shit up every thread he posts in with his tiresome fanboy drivel and seems to be immune to banning.

Vawn

Banned
I'm not saying whether the op deserved to be banned or not, but its interesting how he gets banned, yet TheLastWord continues to shit up every thread he posts in with his tiresome fanboy drivel and seems to be immune to banning.

He was warned the other day, "do not create any more threads just to trash Nintendo". He wasn't going to be able to help himself. It was just a matter of time.

So, the OP doesn't like Nintendo, is not liking Nintendo still a banable offence because if so I'm out. Like absolutely done with this website. It doesn't exist to blow hot air up the ass of publishers and developers. If someone makes a shit product what kind of weird forum would forbid you for calling it out. I can't even tell if that video is satire or what?

I'll note that the guys complaining about someone disliking something are nowhere to be seen when other people post absolutely relentless threads about AC Odyssey etc.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So, the OP doesn't like Nintendo, is not liking Nintendo still a banable offence because if so I'm out. Like absolutely done with this website. It doesn't exist to blow hot air up the ass of publishers and developers. If someone makes a shit product what kind of weird forum would forbid you for calling it out. I can't even tell if that video is satire or what?

I'll note that the guys complaining about someone disliking something are nowhere to be seen when other people post absolutely relentless threads about AC Odyssey etc.

He was warned several days ago for constantly creating threads where the sole purpose was strictly to trash/bash Nintendo. This is not an isolated incident, nor does it foster any healthy debates if every thread you create starts with that tone. He could have been much more subtle/clever about it in the opening act.

Top Bottom