• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Cleese Come On Down! You're the Next Passenger on the Twitter Cancel Train!

Tesseract

Banned
faulty twatters

UuewvCB.gif

Tschumi

Lol yeh good luck cancelling John Cleese.

Totally, he's been shitting all over any number of sensitive groups for decades.. he has kind sentiments for trans, but doesn't feel he can supportably go further than that.. c'est tout~

He's a smart, clever, and witty man. Yet he's on Twitter. As much as I like the idea of an old person having it together enough to be engaged in comtemporary pursuits, there's really no excuse for being on Twitter.
preach

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
It's getting extremely difficult to feel any compassion for LGQTXYX... (whatever they are called these days) when so many of them seem determined to destroy everything and anyone with a different view point.

Last edited by a moderator:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
John Cleese is a legend.

I'm not sure you can cancel somebody who doesn't give a fuck about your opinion. This is the only man to turn down both a life peerage and a CBE, you think some mental midgets on twitter are going to phase him?
yeah like he gives a fuck if some idiots cancel him.

he's a british comedic legend, he's rich, and quite old so will be dead soon. the guy has lived his life and won at it. nothing these internet crybabies can do will affect him.

He's a smart, clever, and witty man. Yet he's on Twitter. As much as I like the idea of an old person having it together enough to be engaged in comtemporary pursuits, there's really no excuse for being on Twitter.
he probably enjoys winding up these kind of people and that's where they live. well i can't see him joining ResetEra lol

they can't touch him and he's likely just having a laugh trolling them.

Last edited:

McCheese

He's not wrong, but I feel like the poor guy doesn't know what he's let himself in for.

Celebs who are not rich enough to have a social media handler should just stay off social media, it's a fucking minefield of drama queens competing at the woke Olympics.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
He's not wrong, but I feel like the poor guy doesn't know what he's let himself in for.

Celebs who are not rich enough to have a social media handler should just stay off social media, it's a fucking minefield of drama queens competing at the woke Olympics.
he could get one if he wanted. he probably doesn't care and wants to ruffle them up.

and what exactly is he in for? they won't do anything to him lol.

it's almost like you don't even know who he is.

Last edited:
ANything representing old culture has to go.
According to the woke mob of course, I would prefer 1 John Cleese for every 1000 wokesters.

When you destroy culture you are not left with proverbial lego pieces to build a new one, you are left with rubble and an invitation to be invaded.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I just hope they are treated kindly... now let me make a joke belittling them in my next breath.

He said some things people don't like.. so people are saying they don't like those things. The irony being that threads like this are just as much about trying to shut down any real "conversation" about something as anyone involved in "cancel culture" is trying to do.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I just hope they are treated kindly... now let me make a joke belittling them in my next breath.

He said some things people don't like.. so people are saying they don't like those things. The irony being that threads like this are just as much about trying to shut down any real "conversation" about something as anyone involved in "cancel culture" is trying to do.

Yes because we should live by angy mob rule, right?

elektrokats

Banned
Man, I really do not want to say fuck it and go full transphobic but they are really not making it easy here. It's not enough anymore that these people just want to be left alone to live a normal life. Now everyone must kneel to their demands at every step, no matter how ridiculous they are and anyone who speaks back shall be immediately be erased from any form of media, never to be redeemed.

I hate to say it, and I'm sure there are some high functioning normal trans folk but imo, it is a mental illness for many of them.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Man, I really do not want to say fuck it and go full transphobic but they are really not making it easy here. It's not enough anymore that these people just want to be left alone to live a normal life. Now everyone must kneel to their demands at every step, no matter how ridiculous they are and anyone who speaks back shall be immediately be erased from any form of media, never to be redeemed.

I hate to say it, and I'm sure there are some high functioning normal trans folk but imo, it is a mental illness for many of them.
Nonono, you have it backwards. The vast majority of people who are trans want to feel comfortable in the body their brain is in so they can live a normal and happy life. That’s it. The people who kick off at everyone online are the select few that most T people think are insane and give them a bad name, combined with the people who are the hyper sensitive great defenders of a group they don’t belong to (also not wanted, as far as I understand).

Never let the shitty websites who try and amplify a vocal minority for monetary gain convince that it’s anything else.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yes because we should live by angy mob rule, right?
Where did I say that?

We should criticize things we think are worth criticizing and have arguments. And we shouldn't dismiss all criticism as an "angry mob" like you guys do.. in threads where you guys are acting like.. an angry mob.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I will always love John Cleese. The man is a legend, an important part of the funniest film ever created, Life Of Brian. He can therefore do no wrong.

oagboghi2

Where did I say that?

We should criticize things we think are worth criticizing and have arguments. And we shouldn't dismiss all criticism as an "angry mob" like you guys do.. in threads where you guys are acting like.. an angry mob.
So is this the new defense for cancel culture bullshit?

"It's just criticism" 🙄 sure dude

GeorgPrime

Banned

There are three things that allow you to speak your mind if you have them:

- A red button for a nuclear blast
- A huge sum on the bank account like Bill Gates
- A desert eagle .50

If you have any of these you can speak your mind into the face of everybody. xD

If you dont have it, you are not allowed to speak your mind.

Last edited:

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
There are three things that allow you to speak your mind if you have them:

- A red button for a nuclear blast
- A huge sum on the bank account like Bill Gates
- A desert eagle .50

If you have any of these you can speak your mind into the face of everybody. xD

If you dont have it, you are not allowed to speak your mind.

Or a fake account with anime avatar.

UnNamed

Banned
What I find the most disgusting thing is the use of this controversies by media who basically make an echo of this bullshit just for some clicks or views.

They always said Twitter and other social media can be dangerous, but at the same time they shows the next outrage made from nothing: how many times you see just few bad comments below an Instagram account but media report Person X is attacked by fan on social media?

Furlong

Banned

You are doing more harm than good by humoring them, it's just reinforcing their delusions. Which is what the woke want, little pet victims who are dependent on them for everything. Just like the whole safe space craze - protecting people from their phobia is the very worst thing you can do for them because they need to be exposed to it all the time.

Rien

Jelly Belly
He was pretty clear on his position in the Life of Brian.

this is bizarre man!

don’t have anything against trans folk. In fact, I even feel attracted to certain trans woman.
But some of them going need to grow some thicker skin. The world is a hard place. I am a straight white male and my life is a almost a constant continuation of bad luck and depression.
No privileges or shit at all. According to a lot of people nowadays my life should be easy and privileged but the truth is very very different. I have to fight for it as well.
Just search for your own luck and happiness and stop expecting shit from other people. It’s a waste of time.

Redlancet

Banned

You have any polémica with Jokes?

Top Bottom