• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Cygan has passed away (The Commish, VA of Solidus Snake etc)

sakipon

cygan43sap.jpg

I saw Michael Chiklis post about this.

John Cygan, one of my closest friends in this world has passed away.

We started our friendship by playing best friends in The Commish... Sometimes art does imitate life.

Source with his full message.

Makes me sad. Watching The Commish was a part of my childhood and I was happy to see him appear as a guest in an episode of The Shield.

Later on he did voice acting in animation films and games, though it does seem a lot of his work is credited to 'Additional Voices'. Check out Wikipedia or IMDb. Roles include MGS2 (Solidus Snake), Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Agarth), a bunch of characters in Star Wars and Call of Juarez series, and more.

Anyone else enjoyed his acting?

Espada

His work as Solidus was good (easily top 3 in MGS2), but I really enjoyed him as Agarth in Kingdoms of Amalur. I always looked forward to meetings with him mainly because of his delivery.

RIP, he definitely left us with some good work to enjoy.

Solidus Snake said:
Jack, listen to me. We're all born with an expiration date. No one lasts forever. Life is nothing but a grace period - for turning our genetic material into the next generation. The data of life is transferred from parent to child. That's how it works. But we have no heirs, no legacy. Cloned from our father, with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out. What is our legacy if we cannot pass the torch? Proof of our existence - a mark of some sort. When the torch is passed on from parent to child... it extends beyond DNA; information is imparted as well. All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history.

2f0.gif

Caboose

RIP mang :( Dude was Baller as Canderous in KOTOR, Solidus of course and I liked him as Stark in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance too.

Tagyhag

He was amazing in Knights of the Old Republic as Canderous and of course, MGS2.

Impeccable voice.

Yeah, I knew him more from Ordo than Solidus, he did great in both roles.

He had such a great voice and delivery method that it always shocked me that he didn't get more main roles.

Aw man... RIP

I legit own a $120 Play Arts Kai of Solidus

Still one of my favorite pieces and yeah, I'll cherish it even more now :(

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
"Life is nothing but a grace period for passing the best of your genetic material onto the next generation!"

What a legend.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Damn, just found out after watching Yong's tribute video: https://youtu.be/xD2OSaILbrQ

This single role made him a legend in my eyes. RIP

Top Bottom