• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John from DF: No raytracing on XSX at launch (Update: “Oh, maybe it will then...”)

GrayFoxPL

aMCiDNO.gif

Banned
According to the Microsoft Store Yakuza Zero, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2 have no Xbox One X support...

just wanted to mention this. if anyone thinks the Microsoft store is a reliable source of information, now you know it isn't.

store6ej72.png

so I guess Yakuza has no One X patch then right? VGTech and Digital Foundry lied! lol

oh and Black Ops also is not optimized for Series X|S either! LOOK!
storea8jyr.png

since a Series X|S optimised game would have that tag in it like here:

storelnk26.png

NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH! THANKS TO THE RELIABLE MICROSOFT STORE

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Banned
According to the Microsoft Store Yakuza Zero, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2 have no Xbox One X support...

just wanted to mention this. if anyone thinks the Microsoft store is a reliable source of information, now you know it isn't.

store6ej72.png

so I guess Yakuza has no One X patch then right? VGTech and Digital Foundry lied! lol

oh and Black Ops also is not optimized for Series X|S either! LOOK! (also it has no One X patch!)
storea8jyr.png

since a Series X|S optimised game would have that tag in it like here:

storelnk26.png

NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH! THANKS TO THE RELIABLE MICROSOFT STORE

tenor.gif
its literally in big ass writing on the xbox.com Watch Dog Legion page "Ray Tracing"

so yeah... LOL

Ozzie666

Off topic, John would be much happier if a new Sega 32X game was released or uncovered. That's why I prefer his love of retro :)

You can really see his passion when talking about things like Streets of Rage 4, etc.

From the official website:

• Ray tracing features will be available upon release for the PlayStation®5 version, and will be added to the Xbox Series X version in a downloadable patch post release.
Do we know this is any different than Yakuza not having a PS5 version at launch yet there will be an XSX version? How we know that Sony didn't just pay to delay it on other platforms as a part of a marketing deal?

Thirty7ven

Banned
Do we know this is any different than Yakuza not having a PS5 version at launch yet there will be an XSX version? How we know that Sony didn't just pay to delay it on other platforms as a part of a marketing deal?

The game isn’t delayed on XSX. It’s probably a case of Xbox tools being behind schedule. There’s a pattern by now of not much footage existing for XSX. Where there’s smoke...

• Ray tracing features will be available upon release for the PlayStation®5 version, and will be added to the Xbox Series X version in a downloadable patch post release.
WAT

So another one? Just like with DMC? I don't think this has been posted anywhere. What the fuck

EDIT: they're talking about DMC, I got it.

Last edited:

Banned
me either now lol

my "LOL" response was meant to laugh at the fact that this whole thing is apparently 100% false since the link you gave very prominently shows a raytracing icon and text. meaning that they either put it back on the site and the removal was an error, or it was fake, or someone was blind and didn't really look for it/missed it

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
You're a troll like your tag says?

This was reported across the gaming web before I added it to the conversation on this forum. WDL was being talked about as one of very few confirmed games on SX with ray tracing. As for the adjustment, removal, or addition of details retailers do this to avoid lawsuits. Amazon frequently adjusts listings.

They adjusted my PS5 preorder details several times already for example.

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony paid for that like they paid for RE7 to not have VR on anything but their headset.

I bet they simply focused on the PS5 version and maybe even got Xbox dev kits late and that's why.

I don't think Sony has anything to do with this.

there's also that weird situation with Yakuza 7 where the PS5 version launches 3 months after the Xbox version, here I also think that this is more of a development issue and not a deal with Microsoft.

Microsoft has currently a deal to bring every Yakuza game to gamepass one after the other in chronological order, so I bet they went to Sega and talked to them about a Series X version of Yakuza 7 very early and made sure they had Dev tools early

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony paid for that like they paid for RE7 to not have VR on anything but their headset.

Might as well have asked for 1080p, 30 fps on XSX. That's a big stretch. If it doesn't have it it's for other reasons, which will be clear come launch day as other games get released. Definitely not that.

Last edited:

Soodanim

No it's about availability of APIs and tools. Doing RT in a game takes time, particularly when devs never done it before. I believe Sony provided them with easy APIs (an devkits) well before MS.
People mocked Cerny for the part of the talk where he focussed on getting up to speed developing for PS5, but if it’s given them an early boost for RT then they’re doing something right.

Self

People mocked Cerny for the part of the talk where he focussed on getting up to speed developing for PS5, but if it’s given them an early boost for RT then they’re doing something right.

It's reasonable to assume that MS would have shown us good RT effects if they happend to have adequate games at launch. But they don't and it's on them. That doesn't mean that XSX has problems with RT.

Banned
it's very simple. DMC5 obviously prioritizes the PS5, covid made working on things harder, since they are Japanese devs they most likely had PS5 hardware before they had Xbox hardware to work with.

all these combined are resulting in the Xbox version of DMC5 being behind in development.

that's the most reasonable explanation.

also people seem to forget that Microsoft already showed RT demos early this year with Minecraft RT, which is still by far the most impressive RT showcase we had on both consoles at this point.
fully path traced Minecraft at 1080p ~45 fps, which is about the same as the RTX2070 can handle in Minecraft RTX.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Uhm No.

Available digitally at launch has nothing to do with Raytracing.

That fucking video is about the raytracing update lol
So claiming ite there at launch for the console launch is misleading then by capcom

I wonder if DF would wait for that XSX raytracing patch before doing a head to head console comparison.

It's amazing that when I click Show ignored content on the list of threads a whole bunch of FUD anti-xbox threads appear by people that clearly are never going to buy an xbox lol. This thread, as usual, is embarrassing for OP.

Almost every time you see open threads are by known same ol' salty Xbox haters. These bums are always involved in an Xbox thread with fake ass concerns..their presence overtaking more than %95 of them. Let that sink in-most of em pushing 40-50yo's DAT INSECURITY.....

Top Bottom