• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McAfee "Commits Suicide" After Extradition to the US is Approved

nush

This image pretty much sums it up if you don't have a subscription.

100829180-Untitled-4.530x298.jpg

Say what you want about the guy but he sure was a supporter of diversity done right.

Last edited:

Tschumi

This guy was wild!

Then-Prime Minister Dean Barrow expressed doubts about McAfee’s mental state, saying, “I don’t want to be unkind to the gentleman, but I believe he is extremely paranoid, even bonkers.”

In July of that year he was released from detention in the Dominican Republic after he and five others were suspected of traveling on a yacht carrying high-caliber weapons, ammunition and military-style gear.

mekes

This is the guy who spent years of his life staying indoors in the Caribbean experimenting with unknown homemade drugs and isolated himself having insomnia drug fuelled multi-specied sex marathons?

That was the last I’d heard of him around 5 or so years ago. It was a conspiracy but somebody had gone through a lot of work to find/fabricate evidence to that effect.

Tschumi

Sooo the implication is he was Epsteined? Who'd go through the trouble to kill him though? Did he make enemies of anyone extremely powerful?
Well, no. There's no implication. It's a budding attempt at a conspiracy theory. And like i wonder if this thread will get locked eventually lol

Sooo the implication is he was Epsteined? Who'd go through the trouble to kill him though? Did he make enemies of anyone extremely powerful?

Maybe someone wanted to avoid seeing him on trial? Alternatively if you were a business associate and thought you could access his funds/property/crypto in the event of his death, for whatever reason you might believe that, you might pay to have him knocked off. I believe one of the things he is alleged to have done is put his property in other peoples names as part of a scheme to avoid taxes, with his death I bet those people get to keep his property.

That's not to say I have any reason to know why someone would kill him. I'm just saying he did live an interesting life, and there may have been people that benefitted from his death. I kind of doubt it was the US government itself. They were accusing him of tax fraud as far as I understood, and they were probably going to succeed in making that case. His case would have been highly complex, probably for a few agents it would have been the highlight of their career, both because of the complexity of the case and because he is a high profile individual.

Edit: Somewhere in a bar far from here a group of IRS and FBI agents are literally crying into their cocktails because they won't be able to make this case and brag about it for years, and use it to help get a promotion.

Last edited:

JayK47

Too bad I suppose. He was something else. Worthy of an HBO special at least. I read an article on him years ago in Wired and he is nothing that I would have expected. Creepy old pedophile that moved to a country where he could legally bang underage teenage girls. Would have made an entertaining US President.

Tschumi

Just blowing a load of reason on your face 💦
That's actually pretty funny :p no diss intended

I mean, seriously, the fact you think that's reason is the reason half of the people on this forum were asked to shut up or move on lol, just saying.

I'm not going to try and argue, I'm gonna hit this and quit:

Epstein supposedly had some dirt on a member of the British royal family and Trump, and who knows what other less public but equally elevated people, so yeah i can see him getting murdered.

McAfee has been a Caribbean Colonel Kurtz, among other no less wacky things, for the last decade and a half. He sold all his property in the us to avoid pretty lawsuits. He was going back to spend the rest of his life in jail for tax evasion on undeclared payments for crypto currency speaking engagements. He wasn't going to have to testify in any court about any perverts.

His father shot himself when he was 15, something he constantly referenced, he was hugely paranoid and on internet forums bragged about frying his brain and dialing up his paranoia with designer drugs, he valued his freedom and never wanted to return to the states. He only started his virus business after hitting rock bottom and losing his first wife to drugs and alcohol then going to AA to get sober, he constantly fabricated hype about viruses on talk shows etc to boost his business.

Is it not at least a bit likely that he "just" committed suicide? Lonely and facing an end to freedom? And that the reason he was taking up that stuff about the CIA coming after him was because he was fixated on suicide, and paranoid?

Unlike you with the inverse, if one day it turns out he was murdered, I'll accept that possibility like I've accepted it about Epstein. But at the moment i don't see any parallels between the two apart from the twits of a incarcerated man staring down the barrel of long incarceration and looking for some meaning while trying to ignore the noose.

He's a tragic figure, sure, he's not a thorn in the side of shadowy powers.

**If you disagree just say "i disagree", i mean, we know that the sum of any pro-conspiracy post will be "but i think it is therefore it is", so don't waste your fingers on my account**

Last edited:

tsumake

I mean, seriously, the fact you think that's reason is the reason half of the people on this forum were asked to shut up or move on lol, just saying.

Epstein supposedly had some dirt on a member of the British royal family and Trump, and who knows what other less public but equally elevated people, so yeah i can see him getting murdered.

McAfee has been a Caribbean Colonel Kurtz, among other no less wacky things, for the last decade and a half. He sold all his property in the us to avoid pretty lawsuits. He was going back to spend the rest of his life in jail for tax evasion on undeclared payments for crypto currency speaking engagements. He wasn't going to have to testify in any court about any perverts.

His father shot himself when he was 15, something he constantly referenced, he was hugely paranoid and on internet forums bragged about frying his brain and dialing up his paranoia with designer drugs, he valued his freedom and never wanted to return to the states. He only started his virus business after hitting rock bottom and losing his first wife to drugs and alcohol then going to AA to get sober, he constantly fabricated hype about viruses on talk shows etc to boost his business.

Is it not at least a bit likely that he "just" committed suicide? Lonely and facing an end to freedom? And that the reason he was taking up that stuff about the CIA coming after him was because he was fixated on suicide, and paranoid?

Unlike you, if one day it turns out he was murdered, I'll accept that possibility like I've accepted it about Epstein. But at the moment i don't see any parallels between the two apart from the twits of a incarcerated man staring down the barrel of long incarceration and looking for some meaning while trying to ignore the noose.

**If you disagree just say "i disagree", i mean, we know that the sum of any pro-conspiracy post will be "but i think it is therefore it is", so don't waste your fingers on my account**

Way to belittle people.

down 2 orth

Unlike you with the inverse, if one day it turns out he was murdered, I'll accept that possibility like I've accepted it about Epstein. But at the moment i don't see any parallels between the two apart from the twits of a incarcerated man staring down the barrel of long incarceration and looking for some meaning while trying to ignore the noose.

I mean, say what you want about the Epstein death, but Epstein never claimed he wouldn't kill himself before "killing himself." It's really just a simple matter of rationality: if a guy announces he would never kill himself while insinuating that people want him dead, the conspiracy theory would be that he ended up killing himself. Not the other way around.

Absolutely tasteless
Matthew Mcconaughey Laughing GIF

Even if this was foul play/murder made to look like a suicide, it will most likely never be revealed or found out.

People with nothing going on just love conspiracy theories. And even if it's revealed to not be suicide after all, then what? The source will never be traced. If you also think Epstein didn't kill himself--- okay. Shut the fuck up. The planet is still spinning. Nothing new.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I haven't really been following what he's been up to recently. If it wasn't suicide then why would someone have wanted him dead?

Ionian

Always enjoyed the docs/his stories, the dude was batshit insane and living his own (perverse) dream.

No idea if this doc is good, not got 37 mins right now but most are brilliantly about his madness.

EDIT: Ended up watching it, whilst not complete it's a pretty good pop-corn run-down. Worth a look.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Hahah.

Just by coincidence I decided to uninstall my free Kaspersky virus protector shit. Took fucking forever. Like 20+ minutes, a reboot, then more uninstalling. And then had to separately uninstall Kaspersky Password Manager too which took more time.

He's been in the news for more his personal life than his products. I mean do people actually buy McAfee Antivirus software?

decisions

Man this guy’s interviews are absolutely legendary. Hilarious but also some pieces of wisdom here and there.

If there is a new Deus Ex game they should make a character based off of his likeness, train and actor to do the voice and everything.

Top Bottom