• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick 4 Confirmed in 2021

Mista

Banned
john_wick.0.0.jpg

News of the sequel was announced via text message, using the same service that revealed the first trailer for Chapter 3: “You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming - May 21, 2021.”

Screenshot_20190520_183301.png

Vlaphor

I can't help but feel the series might benefit from a bit of toning down. Thankfully 3 doesn't have the magic jacket that renders Wick immune to gunfire that 2 did, but it still felt a little too over the top in a way that removed all tension in several scenes. The Casablanca shootout just felt boring to be honest thanks to this overall lack of tension.

John Wick 1 had something special in the way it handled smaller crowds and more intense scenes. I liked John Wick 2 and 3, but the first one is so much better than them in my opinion. Still, I am looking forward to this, but they need to make it more personal. No more gunfights against crowds of 30 trained killers who can't hit a damn thing, let's bring it back to a few armed guys at a time who know what they're doing. The antique room fight from #3 is a great example of this.

Enjay

Banned
Might as well throw Kevin Hart Tiffany Haddish Cardi B and the Kardashians into the franchise and give everyone the full "worn out your welcome" experience.

Last edited:

PSlayer

Watched the third one last friday and it was really good. For a moment i thought it would be a trilogy, but the ending made it pretty clear they were going for at least 4 movies.

Yugrio1212

At first, i didn't understand what the big deal was. Ya, the trailers looked "ok'. But why all the fuss about this John Wick guy. And then i saw the movies. And then i got it. I am gona be looking forward to JW4

Mista

Banned
At first, i didn't understand what the big deal was. Ya, the trailers looked "ok'. But why all the fuss about this John Wick guy. And then i saw the movies. And then i got it. I am gona be looking forward to JW4
Good lad. Keanu been great in the movies. I have yet to watch 3 though

Yugrio1212

Man I have gotten behind on everything. I am still on WW season 1, haven't watched JW 2 yet, and haven't watched Stranger Things S2 yet.

I gotta step my game up

It is good. They pulled out a trick i have only once seen in a book series, except in JW2 they did it better.

So I'm guessing Winston was trying to save Wick's ass when he shot him off the roof at the end?
I assumed so when it happened, but if I remember right there was dialog afterwards that made it seem the opposite. I need to rewatch to get another feel for the ending.

Also, as much as I love these movies, I sort of hope 4 is actually the end. I don't want this franchise to be ruined by insane milking.

I do want to see these directors work on more movies though, thats for sure. They should have been the ones to direct the Expendables. I would kill more than John Wick to see what these guys would have done with the casts of those movies.

octiny

Banned
Thankfully 3 doesn't have the magic jacket that renders Wick immune to gunfire that 2 did

He still had one, at least for part of the movie.
It's why he was still alive after being shot by Winston at the end. Winston knew he was wearing one. It's mentioned/shown before the final shootout scene when they were grabbing guns/ammo from the safe room etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom