• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Williams Returns to ‘Star Wars’ Universe with ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Theme

ManaByte

Gold Member

Williams has written the musical signature for the continuing adventures of the character played by Ewan McGregor, airing on Disney Plus beginning May 25. He recorded last week with a Los Angeles orchestra under tight security, sources say.

Pejo

I have high hopes for this show. I liked McGregor as Obi Wan in the prequels. Hopefully it's a new set of adventures instead of more memberberries stuff.

Williams coming back at his age to do this is pretty cool.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I liked McGregor as Obi Wan in the prequels. Hopefully it's a new set of adventures instead of more memberberries stuff.

It's set 10 years after ROTS. So halfway through the Dark Times.

The rumor is:
Leia is in danger (possibly kidnapped) which is what lures Obi-Wan off Tatooine to protect her. The speculation is that he's trying to get to her and rescue her before Vader discovers she's his daughter.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Me too. They also put the best episode director of Mandalorian S1 (IMO) as the showrunner and sole director of Obi Wan. Can't wait.

It also started out as a movie that they just expanded to a mini-series. Which makes sense why they'd want it to be just one director as it's really just a five+ hour movie broken into chunks.

Ionian

It also started out as a movie that they just expanded to a mini-series. Which makes sense why they'd want it to be just one director as it's really just a five+ hour movie broken into chunks.

A Mando movie? Thought it was just Boba Fett film planned and then changed. Be curious what the plans for a Mando film would have looked like.

ManaByte

Gold Member
A Mando movie? Thought it was just Boba Fett film planned and then changed. Be curious what the plans for a Mando film would have looked like.

Obi-Wan was a movie and was going to be the standalone after Solo.

The Boba Fett series/Mando has no connection to Josh Trank's Boba Fett movie.

Ionian

Obi-Wan was a movie and was going to be the standalone after Solo.

The Boba Fett series/Mando has no connection to Josh Trank's Boba Fett movie.

Ah I knows that, just from your quote of the poster referencing Obi-Wan and Mando you said it also started off as a film so I assumed you meant Mando which I hadn't heard about, only Fett.

Top Bottom