• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Rotten Bashes Guitar Hero III

Johnny Rotten has lost his mind. If he had one in the first place. I used to listen to the Sex Pistols quite a bit. Steve Jones has gained a ton of weight. And I also watched the GH3 Sex Pistols trailer and what I liked the most was Steve saying "Sid was in the hospital and couldn't play...Well he couldn't play anyway.":lol

He's just being.. Johnny Rotten.

Thread title FTL.

Remember that show he had late night on VH1? That lasted not long at all? That was surprisingly good actually.

bryehn

jooey said:
right, so when was he bashing?

Basically he says that GHII teaches you how not to be a rockstar, and calls it a joke...if you watch the full video at oxm he really goes off...

Gigglepoo

The king is gone but he's not forgotten
Is this the story of Johnny Rotten?
It's better to burn out 'cause rust never sleeps
The king is gone but he's not forgotten.

FF_VIII

Banned
bryehn said:
Basically he says that GHII teaches you how not to be a rockstar, and calls it a joke...if you watch the full video at oxm he really goes off...

What? He said it teaches you not to be an arsehole, then he says fame and fortune is a joke.

bryehn said:

No, he calls the music industry a joke. He said he liked the game.

-Rogue5-

FF_VIII said:
What? He said it teaches you not to be an arsehole, then he says fame and fortune is a joke.

HA. So the exact opposite of what the op thought?

bryehn should get a tag... something like, "doesn't know how to listen" or "does not listen to johnny rotten."

bryehn said:

No, he was complementary. He said he loved it.

The teaching you not to be a rock star was a GOOD thing. That's why he said he liked that part the best. He equated being a "rock star" with being a fame-and-fortune-seeking asshole.

You really need to figure out what this whole Punk Rock thing was really all about, I think. You seem to have missed a lot in the translation. Not that Rotten is still pure punk, mind you, but he still has some of the ideas down deep.

-Rogue5- said:
HA. So the exact opposite of what the op thought?

bryehn should get a tag... something like, "doesn't know how to listen" or "does not listen to johnny rotten."

"Thinks Punk and 70's Arena Rock are the same thing."

bryehn

Yeah, I totally misunderstood what he said. I feel like a douchebag.

Besides that though...I saw a related interview where he says they also re-recorded Pretty Vacant. Is it on the PAL version or something?

8bit

Knows the Score
You never listen to a word that I said, you only seen me for the clothes that I wear.
Or did the interest go so much deeper? It must have been the colour of my hair.

FF_VIII said:
Well GH3 also teaches you to be an asshole as well. You wouldn't believe how smug some people get because they can beat a song on expert. But maybe thats just my experience with it.

Eric P

Opus Angelorum said:
Johnny Rotten is the embodiment of everything that is bad in the UK:

Ignorance, arrogance, self pity, stupidity, disrespectful...

it's all an act though isn't it? because when he was just Lydon for PiL he didn't do this stuff, or did he and I'm just not aware

sprocket

Banned
At the end of the vid in the actual game he says just kidding and that he loves video games.

So weird that after all this time people still do not know that it was all an act.

Eric P said:
it's all an act though isn't it? because when he was just Lydon for PiL he didn't do this stuff, or did he and I'm just not aware

It is an act, John Lydon is actually quite an intelligent and caring guy.

I absolutely hate the 'other' side of him though.

jgkspsx

Opus Angelorum said:
Johnny Rotten is the embodiment of everything that is bad in the UK:

Ignorance, arrogance, self pity, stupidity, disrespectful...
In the UK? Sounds like the human race to me.

keyrat

yea i heard Bad Religion "Recipe for Hate" was coming to Rock Band with a patch for multiple singers. Oh no, wait, I wish I heard that.

White Man

Eric P said:
well that's not very punk at all.

Actually, it's totally punk, at least by the terms of the Pistols. They never hid the fact that they were only in it for the money. Of all the idiotic idealogies that have arisen in the name of punk rock, at least we know that the Pistols live theirs as truly as possible.

Top Bottom